Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
In search of Hostess Blueberry Fruit Pies - Page 9 — Parallax Forums

In search of Hostess Blueberry Fruit Pies

12345679»

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-12-27 10:49
    Picture.jpg
    Twinkies back on the shelf! Spotted at my local store.

Didn't have my camera with me at the time.

EDIT: Got the shot.
    1024 x 768 - 117K
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2013-12-27 12:32
    Our local shopping mall in Hastings has a stall selling a vast range of such delicacies imported from the USA. I'll take a couple of photos.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2014-01-13 15:39
    I actually bought a package of Twinkies today from our candy machine. Not because I like 'em, or because they are tasty or healthy, but the packaging was pure genious. I ate them, then later I went back to get another package to save to show the twins (they love the minions in Despicable Me 1 & 2) but none of the other ones in the machine had this packaging. Now begins my quest to find another minion package. :)http://themetapicture.com/minion-twinkies/

attachment.php?attachmentid=106160&d=1389656385
    540 x 720 - 109K
    edited 2014-01-13 15:52
    Funny you resurrected this thread as I was going to post tomorrow, but I'll do so today.

Got tired of waiting for Hostess, so I broke down today.

Table Talk.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 76K
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-01-13 16:49
    erco wrote: »
    .....Not because I like 'em, or because they are tasty or healthy... I ate them, then later I went back to get another package "to save to show the twins"

Was that a case of accidental treat ingestion or some other malady we should be aware of related to running induced oxygen deprivation?? :lol:

I'm having trouble completely believing this story now that we know you didn't bid on a "robot" but you bid (and outbid....and outbid again) on a "conveyance" for the twins.....these poor dears are having to shoulder a growing burden for your purchasing decisions lately! :smile:
    edited 2014-01-13 16:55
    Twin girls are the best smokescreen for any action, any purchase; I get away with murder. Since conquering my biggest fear of taking them both into a public men's restroom, I am invincible.
    edited 2014-02-27 13:46
    I thought of this Hostess thread and davejames (music) when I saw Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" video. Very colorful & imaginative, and junk food figures prominently.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/--reasons-why--dark-horse--is-katy-perry-s-best-video-ever-232922462.html

Watch for a big pile of Hostess Twinkies at ~1:30, and what appears to be a vibrating pile of Flaming Cheetos around 1:45. It doesn't pay to upset Kateopatra. I do like the wheel spinners on the Egyptian cart at ~2:15.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,045
    edited 2014-02-27 14:27
    ...wow - and here I thought the thread had died.

Thanks Erco!!!

(but I ain't watchin no Katy Perry video!)
    edited 2014-02-27 14:30
    davejames wrote: »

No, it will live forever, like Twinkies.
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2014-02-27 16:31
    LOL, I thought of this thread the other day. Happened to see Cherry Pies in the store the other day for the first time. My store has had lemon and apple for a while, but cherry lagged a bit behind. No blueberry yet, but I will admit that I look for them wherever I see the pies!
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,045
    edited 2014-02-27 16:42
    No blueberry yet, but I will admit that I look for them wherever I see the pies!

Thanks Andrew!
    edited 2014-02-27 20:08
    davejames wrote: »

If your "friend" :) who has the Hostess pie obsession eats them while walking on a treadmill exactly as fast as the belt moves, will he ever take off on a sugar high?

Thread must not die. BTW, whatever happened to "Test Post"?
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-02-28 01:40
    ...Eric, this post reminded me...

Did the twins ever get their "Minions" package of twinkies?

Hey, I wonder if Test Post is one of my relatives? (As worthy of consideration as the Post Cereal, Post Office and "dumber than a post, no offense" comments I've heard!)
  • Time to bump the thread. This looks closest to Hostess.

https://www.eatthis.com/news-mcdonalds-blueberry-creme-pie-back/

• Blimey! I remember the first post in this thread. Time is racing faster than a fast food hostess!

• It's been a while. :)

• @Publison said:
    Time to bump the thread. This looks closest to Hostess.

https://www.eatthis.com/news-mcdonalds-blueberry-creme-pie-back/

Thanks, Pub! There's a McDonalds in Lewiston, so the next time we go to the "big city" to do some shopping I'll check 'em out.