Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard - Your Input Requested from Parallax - Page 8 — Parallax Forums

P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard - Your Input Requested from Parallax

1234568»

Comments

• bassmasterbassmaster Posts: 181
    edited 2007-02-13 01:16
    Got mine, and just soldered and tested vga demo, perfect!
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2007-02-14 03:33
    Yay again, my XBee wireless boards fits and works in any of the 4 header locations... though I had to use 2 AppMod headers to clear that servo cap for horizontal mounting! See attached, looks like a lot of pins, but only·4 are dedicated - power, TX, RX, the other 6 are optional·.hop.gif

It would have been interesting to have pinned it out so it would have lined up correctly with 30 and 31 so I could pulled the cord and used the wireless for comms using USB or wireless·without having to modify code...(comms, not programming)... well, could still use the smaller board and solder a header eslewhere and manually jumper to them. Hmmmm...

Nice board Parallax!
    -Martin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    StampPlot - GUI and Plotting, and XBee Wireless Adapters
    Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Electronic Systems Technologies
  • Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2007-02-14 04:47
    I was not home twice when UPS tried to deliver; I'll get my four boards tomorrow.

Plus I forgot to order a usb converter for the board... I'm soldering up another three transistor circuit tonite...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.mikronauts.com - a new blog about microcontrollers
  • lairdtlairdt Posts: 36
    edited 2007-02-14 05:54
    Got mine today... time to go shopping again.
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-02-14 13:51
    Dear Parallax

Can you make sure these get a UK/European distributor, stat!

I've had my fill of tax but these things are a must! I was going through the whole "but that's a waste of a propeller" rigmarole yesterday, these are cheaper than building circuits from logic chips in lots of cases once you sort out the voltage regulators etc.

Graham
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-02-14 22:57
    Whoa, just in the nick of time. I placed my order earlier today at the sale price of $19.95. now I see the sale has ended, $24.95 from now on (unless you buy the 5 packs)

Lucky me, good thing I get paid on Wednesdays!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian Meade

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" - Edgar Poe
  • JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
    edited 2007-02-15 00:18
    I just received 4. These boards are beautiful! The layout work is like art (probably only to a nerd like me)

Jim C
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-02-15 01:39
    I didn't feel I was a nerd.

But, yes, the Propeller ProtoBoards are beautiful.

Maybe, nerdism has set in.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-02-21 17:46
    I received mine yesterday! hop.gif and I've got to say, that's a nice board! I'd say the reason for the positive reviews is the fact that Parallax asked for our "wish list" while designing it.

I'll tell you, as I was gleaming with joy over my new toy, my son starting singing the "Hallelujah Chorus". Made me chuckle.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian Meade

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" - Edgar Poe
  • JoannaKJoannaK Posts: 44
    edited 2007-02-21 18:24
    Hear hear.. I got my protoboards today and they definitely look good. These were mailed by Parallax 14th feb, so it took 1 week to get them overseas, might have been here sooner but I had to pick them up from Customs office (add 22% ...)
  • GavinGavin Posts: 134
    edited 2007-02-23 12:05
    Got my 5 boards today.
    Er,· check the pins when you put that VGA/Keyboard/mouse connector on.
    Got to the last 3 pins to solder when I saw one was not in its hole, must have bent it over.
    Serves me fight for soldering when tired and in a hurry to get one going.

Gavin