Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard - Your Input Requested from Parallax - Page 5 — Parallax Forums

P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard - Your Input Requested from Parallax

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-01-05 23:39
    I have finished writing the web page information, and I am now working on the documentation. It should be availible for advanced purchase sometime next week.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • Mr._PackratMr._Packrat Posts: 4
    edited 2007-01-06 01:29
    YES, YES, and YES!!!!· This sounds great!· I would also be very interrested in purchasing several of these boards for the $15+ dollar price price.· It would be a great way to get rid of my breadboards and the rats nest of wires generally associated with them.· I've been leaning towards finding a cheap circuit board manufacturer to get the ps/2 and vga connections I am looking for.·· I have been reading the Andre L's book Design Your Own Game Console, and ordered one of your $80 developer kits to experiment with.· The book goes into nice detail on the SX series of microcontrollers, but they don't even compare with the new Propeller chip...· Great job BTW!!!··I am working on a new WDC 65C816 based retro PC design and want to use the propeller as the display·engine / frame buffer.·

Once again, thank you and great job.· Keep up the good work!

- Dan
  • lnielsenlnielsen Posts: 72
    edited 2007-01-06 18:31
    I know I am very late to this discussion but... Would it make sense to have the A1 line of the EEPROM on a header/jumper so you could easily retrofit in a Hydra expansion port? For that matter, could you add an expansion port? The expansion port design seems clean and having a second board utilizing it would get more people developing expansion cards. I reposted the expansion card documentation from another thread so you won't have to look for it.

Just a thought, I realize keeping the cost down is very critical - I am very interested in lower-cost entry points into this technology
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-01-09 19:53
    on 5 Jan Paul Baker said...

I have finished writing the web page information, and I am now working on the documentation. It should be availible for advanced purchase sometime next week.
    I'm wondering 'how' we'll be notified; via the forum or have to go to the Parallax Propeller web site?

Lot of us are waiting for this notice. Thanks for any 'heads up'.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-01-09 19:56
    Hehe, I suspect the first "run" had darned well be pretty big. I think there is a ton of pent-up demand for this board. I'm hitting the forums frequently
    waiting for the announcement.
    edited 2007-01-09 21:04
    Lauren our head of Marketing will post an annoucement in the announcements forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-01-11 01:17
    From here it appears the P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard will be later this week or next.

For some reason I assumed it was going to be 'sooner' rather than later.

I keep checking Announcements for the 'news' every few hours. It's difficult to be patient.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
    edited 2007-01-12 18:40
    I have a feeling like I missed the P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard advanced purchase announcement.

If not, is there any 'ball park' when it will appear? Thanks.... yeah.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2007-01-12 19:23
    Me too. Should appear "shortly". The purchasing announcement will be available very soon. We had to sort out some final documentation issues.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-01-12 20:04
    Ken said...
    Me too. Should appear "shortly". The purchasing announcement will be available very soon. We had to sort out some final documentation issues.
    Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.

Thanks Ken for the explanation. Thought maybe I was looking in the wrong location for our eagerly awaited chance to order the P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard.

Time to tune up on my patience also. Thanks... yeah.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
    edited 2007-01-12 22:58
    I just submited the documentation (the last piece of the pie), the product will be up when our web department gets a chance to update the website.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-01-12 23:06
    Yeah! jumpin.gif

Thanks Paul for the news. Looks like it shouldn't be much longer.

cool.gifturn.gifhop.giftongue.gifyeah.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2007-01-15 19:00
    Paul,

Does the 'web department' update daily (business days) or just on Friday after 12:00 Noon PST?

My 'refresh' button on my browser needs a rest! smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike
  • lnielsenlnielsen Posts: 72
    edited 2007-01-15 19:14
    Any chance we can get a preliminary copy of the documentation while we wait for marketing? Will we be able to order the special PS/2-VGA connector from Parallax or is it available somewhere else? Like everyone else, I have been checking the announcements at least 4 times a day.
    edited 2007-01-15 21:18
    YEA!

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32212

Put my order in for 10

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

Post Edited (Mike Cook) : 1/15/2007 9:23:14 PM GMT
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2007-01-15 21:22
    I see single order, how about the 6 for ... or whatever Ken had asked about ? They got it posted, we can't make it too easy on them now [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Martin Hebel
    StampPlot - Graphical Data Acquisition and Control
    AppBee -·2.4GHz Wireless Adapters & transceivers·for the BASIC Stamp & Other controllers·
    edited 2007-01-15 21:26
    lnielsen said...
    Any chance we can get a preliminary copy of the documentation while we wait for marketing? Will we be able to order the special PS/2-VGA connector from Parallax or is it available somewhere else? Like everyone else, I have been checking the announcements at least 4 times a day.
    The connector will be in an accessory pack, or you can order the part from digikey (type 999 norcomp into thier search box).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-01-15 22:00
    Re: the P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard, is there no price break for quantity buy?

I tried to order 10 but still priced at $19.95! So cancelled order. Quite disappointing the previous discussions on this point not honored. Is there going to be any price break?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • Luis DigitalLuis Digital Posts: 371
    edited 2007-01-15 22:05
    Harley said...
    Re: the P8X32A-Q44 ProtoBoard, is there no price break for quantity buy?

I tried to order 10 but still priced at $19.95! So cancelled order. Quite disappointing the previous discussions on this point not honored. Is there going to be any price break?

Ditto.
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-01-15 22:06
    I ordered 5 for $100. If they do let us have it at a cheaper price, I'm hoping they'll throw another in or whatever.
    But I'm quite happy at $20 a piece; it wasn't that long ago a bare Prop chip was $25.

If I need 50 later on, I'm hoping we can do a bit better. But to start, I think it's a pretty good deal.
    edited 2007-01-15 22:09
    I could not build that board for under $20 in low QTY, it's a deal!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike
    edited 2007-01-15 22:38
    There have been alot of calls to sales asking about the accessory pack. This is not for sale yet, we will try to get them in and pre-sale it so the two products are availible on the same day. This way you can place two seperate orders and have them shipped in the same package.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 1/15/2007 10:48:45 PM GMT
    edited 2007-01-15 22:42
    Well you got your wish (6 for $100.00)

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32212-6pack

Had to call in to make sure my pre-order was adjusted, should have 12 allocated to me!

BTY: shipment must not be too far out, Parallax has already charged my debit/credit card.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

Post Edited (Mike Cook) : 1/15/2007 11:14:14 PM GMT
    edited 2007-01-15 23:23
    Do I·detect a back slide:?

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32212-5pack

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2007-01-15 23:28
    Yeah, and the price of the single units just jumped $5. Dang, shouldn't have said anything [noparse]:)[/noparse]

-Martin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Martin Hebel
    StampPlot - Graphical Data Acquisition and Control
    AppBee -·2.4GHz Wireless Adapters & transceivers·for the BASIC Stamp & Other controllers·
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2007-01-15 23:30
    Strange...

that link doesn't work.

But a link to a $100 5pack does...
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32212-5pack

And the price for a single board is now $24.95

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
    edited 2007-01-15 23:31
    Yea I know! I hope my early order still yields 12 for $200.00

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

Post Edited (Mike Cook) : 1/16/2007 11:07:15 AM GMT
  • John AbshierJohn Abshier Posts: 1,116
    edited 2007-01-15 23:34
    That's what I get for waiting for the accessory pack to be posted.
    edited 2007-01-16 00:17
    Sorry for the mix-up guys, the single board price has been knocked back down to $19.95, however there is no 6 for $100 deal, only a 5 for $100 (and yes that is $0.25 more than buying them seperately). Those who ordered quantity 6 already will be honored, sorry for the confusion.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 1/16/2007 12:21:28 AM GMT
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2007-01-16 00:36
    The Accessory Pack is forthcoming, also very "shortly". You can buy all of the passives and the connector parts in a little bag from Parallax. We will buy the connector from Digi-Key in volume to enable a reasonable price for our Prop Proto Board customers.

If you order the boards now, you can order the Accessory Pack anytime and put in the comments "combine with my other order for Prop Proto Boards" and our Sales department will follow your instructions.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.