Shop Learn P1 Docs P2 Docs Events
KISS Eval board (general discussion) - Page 8 — Parallax Forums

KISS Eval board (general discussion)

1234568»

Comments

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,215

@evanh said:
    As the Prop2 chip reaches this PLL limit the hubRAM becomes unreliable. The PLL stability is the warning but it's the hubRAM corruption that crashes the program.

PS: Any task's code that's 100% contained within the cog it's running on will continue unbothered by the hubRAM limitation. Data accesses to hubRAM will be glitchy though.

What have you seen for the highest frequency with stable hubRAM?

• @Publison said:
    I will be receiving an order of 30 KIS0001 boards to the US in the next week for distribution to North America. Price will be $29.50+$5.15 First Class mail in a padded envelope.

I still have 16 KISS0000 without SD for $23.50+$5.15 First Class mail in a padded envelope.

You can use my PayPal account in my sig.

Are these prices still current?

• Unfortunately Jim @Publison has not been in great health recently, and he's not been active on the forums since Nov. 29th.

Jim- I hope you are resting and recovering. We miss you.

Anyone waiting on US boards might want to consider alternative plans at the moment.

• evanhevanh Posts: 14,038

@hinv said:

@evanh said:
    As the Prop2 chip reaches this PLL limit the hubRAM becomes unreliable. The PLL stability is the warning but it's the hubRAM corruption that crashes the program.

PS: Any task's code that's 100% contained within the cog it's running on will continue unbothered by the hubRAM limitation. Data accesses to hubRAM will be glitchy though.

What have you seen for the highest frequency with stable hubRAM?

Oh, I'd definitely missed your question. But I did answer the same elsewhere. The upper stable frequency is entirely temperature dependant. See this graph - https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1545243/#Comment_1545243

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,215

Anybody selling the KISS boards for crypto? Anybody selling these at all stateside?

Thanks,
    Doug