Shop Learn
KISS Eval board (general discussion) - Page 7 — Parallax Forums

KISS Eval board (general discussion)

123457»

Comments

  • MaciekMaciek Posts: 466
    edited 2021-08-28 07:49

    @RS_Jim ,

    Jim, would this help ?
    The KISS0001 (KISS v2) schematic and layout (post #116 on page #4 ) of this thread.
    The original KISS0000 schematic and layout (post #1 and#2 on page #1 ) of this thread.

  • mykemikemykemike Posts: 1
    edited 2021-08-28 10:20

    For noobs (like me) let you know in Spin2 sample codes replace the
    CON _clkfreq = 160_000_000
    with
    con _xtlfreq = 25_000_000 _clkfreq = 200_000_000

    After that debug and timing will work fine.

  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,060

    @RS_Jim said:
    @ManAtWork,
    I am impatiently waiting for the arrival of my Kiss eval board that shipped from Tn today! I have been laboriously going through every post regarding this board and somehow been unable to find the board layout and schematics. Any documentation that you can point me to would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jim

    Two treads to get started:

    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/172225/kiss-eval-board-general-discussion/p1

    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/172391/kiss-eval-board-ready-to-ship-taking-orders#latest

  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,060

    @Maciek said:
    @RS_Jim ,

    Jim, would this help ?
    The KISS0001 (KISS v2) schematic and layout (post #116 on page #4 ) of this thread.
    The original KISS0000 schematic and layout (post #1 and#2 on page #1 ) of this thread.

    Missing links.

  • MaciekMaciek Posts: 466
    edited 2021-08-28 12:20

    @Publison said:

    @Maciek said:
    @RS_Jim ,

    Jim, would this help ?
    The KISS0001 (KISS v2) schematic and layout (post #116 on page #4 ) of this thread.
    The original KISS0000 schematic and layout (post #1 and#2 on page #1 ) of this thread.

    Missing links.

    Not really. By "this thread" I meant this very thread we're in. But, here is the link to "this thread". I had no intention to link directly. When you search for something you often dig out something valuable.

  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,060

    @Maciek said:

    @Publison said:

    @Maciek said:
    @RS_Jim ,

    Jim, would this help ?
    The KISS0001 (KISS v2) schematic and layout (post #116 on page #4 ) of this thread.
    The original KISS0000 schematic and layout (post #1 and#2 on page #1 ) of this thread.

    Missing links.

    Not really. By "this thread" I meant this very thread we're in. But, here is the link to "this thread". I had no intention to link directly. When you search for something you often dig out something valuable.

    OK. There are actually two threads running on the KISS board. I thought you where referring to the two.

  • I have updated the first post with the newest schematic files and a preliminary version of the manual. If anybody likes to correct typos or add missing information there's also an editable version here (open document format).

  • RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,480

    @ManAtWork ,
    Perfect timing1 I just received my Kiss Eval board in yesterday's mail. Will download and study the manual before I ever apply power. I did solder on the header for the program plug. I am hoping that my cm2102 kludge works so I don't have to buy a new prop plug. I think my old one got fried by a ground loop.
    Jim

  • RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,480

    I cannot find how to force my board into internal Tachoz.
    Jim

  • rosco_pcrosco_pc Posts: 419
    edited 2021-08-31 14:24

    Same as usual, from the TAQOZ user manual:

    GETTING THE TAQOZ ROM PROMPT UP

    Connect a terminal and I recommend using ones that don't drop characters and support ANSI such as TeraTerm, RealTerm, GtkTerm, Minicom. You can use any baud rate from 9600 to 2M baud (or more) but by default select 115200, 8 data, 1 stop, no parity, no handshakes, no echo, no extra CR/LFs etc.

    Now that you have your P2 connected to a terminal you can type a "greater than sign" and a "space" to autobaud the serial loader after which you can hit "escape" to escape to TAQOZ. That is the ASCII key sequence for $3E,$20,$1B.

    PS I can confirm that works on the KISS0000 board

  • RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,480

    Thanks
    Jim

  • @RS_Jim said:
    I cannot find how to force my board into internal Tachoz.

    ;)

  • @ManAtWork said:
    I have updated the first post with the newest schematic files and a preliminary version of the manual....

    What's the part number for an xtal ?
    I'm trying to figure out which TCXO would fit the footprint but the schematic just says 25 MHz and the manual doesn't say too.

    I'd rename the title of the manual to P2KISS Hardware Manual or you will soon find yourself flooded with the software examples crafted specifically for the KISS boards requests to be put in it too :).

  • I can tell you the exact part numbr tomorrow when I'm at the office. It's a 1210 (~3.0 x 2.5mm) package with 4 pins. Standard pinout for oscillators is

    4=VCC  3=OUT
    1=n.c. 2=GND
    
  • I'd rename the title of the manual to P2KISS Hardware Manual or you will soon find yourself flooded with the software examples crafted specifically for the KISS boards requests to be put in it too :).

    We will deal with that when it happens. Examples are welcome... :D

  • @ManAtWork said:
    I can tell you the exact part numbr tomorrow when I'm at the office. It's a 1210 (~3.0 x 2.5mm) package with 4 pins. Standard pinout for oscillators is

    4=VCC  3=OUT
    1=n.c. 2=GND
    

    Thanks, that's all I need. Do not bother with the exact part number. I'm 100% satisfied with that info.

  • Christof Eb.Christof Eb. Posts: 520
    edited 2021-09-05 10:30

    @"Christof Eb." said:

    @Cluso99 said:
    IIRC Flash boot comes before SD provided there is a pull-up on P61. If there is not valid code (checksum) in the Flash and P62 contains a pull-up (provided from the SD cards internals) the the SD Rom code initialises the SD card and then searches for the MBR, VOL and _BOOT_P2.BIX and _BOOT_P2.BIY files in that order and if not found (can take up to 1/2s or more depending on the SD card). If not found, the Rom code will try the serial next.

    Hi,
    question while I am waiting for my Kiss-SD...

    There is a pullup on P61.
    I want to boot Taqoz from SD-Card. Are these the steps needed?
    ....

    Solved. Due to 25MHz crystal, there is some work to do about the settings. See post #40 here: https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/173727/taqoz-sysclock-confusion/p2

    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/173767/p2-taqoz-v2-8-for-25mhz-crystal-of-kiss-with-sd-card-921600-baud/p1?new=1

Sign In or Register to comment.