• Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,018
    edited 2021-04-27 02:52

@Publison said:
    Three ticks with a CR
    control V to paste
    CR then tree more ticks

(see above)

Hello!
    I did. I must be missing something. Doesn't the Markdown concept have tags for creating code boxes?
    I looked at the referenced entity where the forum says, "You can use Markdown in your post." But all I saw were the methods that the text boxes uses for creating what I am typing. Even looking at an old post of mine didn't help, it was simply one that was translated by the gang behind you @Publison , to glom all of our older forum postings.

• 3 back ticks (```) IS the markdown tag for code blocks, at least in the github implementation:
    https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/ (select code block in the example shown)

• @rosco_pc said:
    3 back ticks (```) IS the markdown tag for code blocks, at least in the github implementation:
    https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/ (select code block in the example shown)

Hello!
    I see your point. @VonSzarvas instead of using the Wikipedia definition of Markdown which does not go into enough detail why don't we use the Github explanation? I found exactly what @rosco_pc and even @Publison was getting at in there. Besides what you're thinking of as back ticks have a more complicated definition some place else.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 2,374
    edited 2021-04-27 13:26

@"Buck Rogers" said:
    why don't we use the Github explanation?

Good question. I've made a note. Thanks.

• New problem. I am finishing a commentary response to what @"Duane Degn" presented. And towards the end, the back end kept causing Chrome to put up its "Page Unresponsive" pop up. And naturally I was wondering what the <BLEEP!> the site was doing that kept causing that. I found it annoying that it kept interrupting me to do something else, and take very long to do it. I suspect that it was that strange lag that was earlier reported.

• evanhevanh Posts: 10,951

It's a buggy script, from the webpage, running in the browser. The browser is complaining that the script is taking too long to execute. The real problem is that javascript even exists.

• @evanh said:
    It's a buggy script, from the webpage, running in the browser. The browser is complaining that the script is taking too long to execute. The real problem is that javascript even exists.

Now there's an idea. In fact I agree. That scripting language should have been tossed aside. Depending on what the backend platform is for this site, I shall accept several, amongst them are PHP, and then the ASP stuff, and finally good old fashioned plain HTML.

• @evanh said:
    The real problem is that javascript even exists.

TBH I second this...