Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 11 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

Comments

• For those who register for the JonnyMac holiday educational session starting on the 23rd, you might want to put yourself on the e-mail waitlist on this page https://www.parallax.com/product/p2-live-forum-holiday-spin2-kit/ or buy the parts from Amazon for direct shipment to your home. If you put yourself on our waitlist then I'll likely ship these no later than this coming Thursday. Jon is going to show some of us noobs how to apply the objects he's creating to do something with the P2.

If you don't have the hardware, it's okay, please join in anyway.

Ken Gracey
  • This week, the P2 Live Forum will be on Tuesday with Chip talking about analog inputs.

Wednesday is JonnyMac's holiday special!

Details: https://mailchi.mp/151aa98bf9b8/propeller-2-live-forum-chip-jon

Ken Gracey
  • Is there a reason why the registration links are on a separate web page instead of the first post of this thread? Where can the latest youtube recordings be found?

I'm also highly interested in the example code shown yesterday. Unfortunatelly I've forgotten to cut/paste all the links from the chat. The ADC presentation was great! It's much easier to learn from examples than having to dig through the sometimes sparse and scattered documentation.

Jonny Macs holiday specials are scheduled a bit late. 4pm PST means 1am for us Europeans. But no problem, I haven't got the hardware anyway.
  • ManAtWork wrote: »
    Is there a reason why the registration links are on a separate web page instead of the first post of this thread? Where can the latest youtube recordings be found?

Here is the one from yesterday:
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »

Is this happening now? I'm having difficulty joining.

• I can not connect also.
  • Its at 4pm pacific, 1hr 45 from now
  • Register here https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtf-yqrDguEt3OrECcGNimyaU-IXWh-XO7 for today's 4:00 pm meeting with JonnyMac.

As Tubular pointed out, 1:45 from now.

Ken Gracey
  • YanomaniYanomani Posts: 1,524
    edited 2020-12-23 22:20
    Didn't you received the updated schedule (pasted from my email inbox)?

"Hello Propeller 2 Community:

We've made some changes to this week's schedule, with one presentation on Tuesday at 2:00 pm Pacific, and one on Wednesday at 4:00 pm Pacific.

Originally, Jeff Martin had planned on sharing a number of improvements to Propeller Tool for Windows on Wednesday. Last Friday, Jeff released Propeller Tool v2.4.1 which combines the convenience of an installer and fixes the pesky memory errors reported on the forums (but none of the debug features). We've given Jeff a pass this week and moved the Propeller 2 Live Forum up a day to Tuesday and Chip will talk about analog inputs in response to a customer request. If you registered for Jeff's presentation on Wednesday, you'll receive a Zoom notification that the schedule has been moved to Tuesday. If you didn't register, you'll find a registration link below below.

On Wednesday, JonnyMac starts guiding us through a holiday project with Spin2. This presentation will be really fun for many of us Propeller 2 newbies!

If you're confused with all this, just follow the links below and register for everything you see!

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey"
  • Time zones get me confused. :)
  • Little-endianLittle-endian Posts: 91
    edited 2020-12-23 22:18
    The registration link for today's event (Prop Tool 2.4 with Jeff) is pointing to yesterday's smart pin event with Chip.
  • The registration link for today's event (Prop Tool 2.4 with Jeff) is pointing to yesterday's smart pin event with Chip.

Yeah! This also did happened with me, so I started digging a bit more, and found Ken's message about the updated schedule.
  • Yeah, you all need to read my SPAM (friendly, informative e-mail).

Usually, it's all described in the e-mail as the starting point. Then, hopefully, I have time to drag the details into this forum thread and our home page. Lately, though, I've been out of time.

Thanks @Yanomani

Ken Gracey
  • You're welcome! :lol:
  • ManAtWorkManAtWork Posts: 2,043
    edited 2020-12-24 11:11
    Where can the latest youtube recordings be found?

I found out it's probably best if we bookmark the playlist at youtube directly. Then we don't have to search the forum for the latest links and have all the videos up to date.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Publison wrote: »
    Time zones get me confused. :)

Google is your friend. Just ask what time is xxxx PST (or wherever) in xyz.
    edited 2020-12-24 12:17
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Yeah, you all need to read my SPAM (friendly, informative e-mail).

Usually, it's all described in the e-mail as the starting point. Then, hopefully, I have time to drag the details into this forum thread and our home page. Lately, though, I've been out of time.

Thanks @Yanomani

Ken Gracey
    SuPerfriendly informAtive eMail :sunglasses:
  • The link to JonnyMac's video has been added to the first post.

If you've ever watched and wondered how some of the more advanced programmers make use of the P2, it needn't be a mystery. JonnyMac shows us in plain terms - with a mix of P2 architectural considerations. We can all learn to program much more proficiently by watching these videos, sharing what we learn with others, and getting better together. Nobody needs to feel like they can't do it.

Ken Gracey
  • I've updated the first post with two registration links to this coming Tuesday and Wednesday meeting.

Ken Gracey
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,131
    I edited the first post to place upcoming events first, then recent events. This makes it easier to follow. Just look at the top of the post to see what is coming up.
    cgracey wrote: »
    I edited the first post to place upcoming events first, then recent events. This makes it easier to follow. Just look at the top of the post to see what is coming up.
    Thanks Chip. Much better :)
  • cgracey wrote: »

Thanks Skippy. The presentation was getting out of control and it is much easier to read now.

We have to start indexing the different content of the YouTube videos. Bryan Thomas is going to help out with that effort. The long descriptions will be edited like:

00:00 Propeller 2 Live Forum
    05:20 ADC with Chip
    25:00 HUB75 LED Adapter with Stephen Moraco

etc. . .

Ken Gracey
  • @Publison
    Time zones get me confused

For anyone that gets confused with time zones, you can use a website such as timeanddate.com to help you with the conversions. You can set up an account and personalize world clocks. My example is for Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Rocklin, California is not listed as a city option, so I used Sacramento.

https://www.timeanddate.com/

Time2.png

Time1.png
    976 x 496 - 17K
    414 x 293 - 35K
  • I just mentioned confusing time zones because I deal with calls to no less than 5 time zones. I have an app on my phone to keep me honest. :)
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Publison wrote: »
    I just mentioned confusing time zones because I deal with calls to no less than 5 time zones. I have an app on my phone to keep me honest. :)

I am retired now, but during my time in field service I had worked in every time zone in Canada and a few around the world. Keeping track of the hours worked could be a bit of a challenge, particularly when the time zones looked like this.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,091
    As long as the number is specified then I'm good to go. The names aren't much help.

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    edited 2020-12-29 14:38
    @cgracey I was blown away by the A2D capabilities of the P2 you demonstrated on the 22nd! I would love to see the PNut side of the debug ported to the P2 itself!

I have some questions for you:

In the example, you showed the clock set to 333_333_333. What is the resolution of the clock setting? Are you running a special crystal to get this?

What is the red line doing at about 1:30:00? It is obvious that your signal generator is tied to the green and yellow line, and blue looks like it is floating at midpoint. If red is floating, why is it so much lower?

I think you said that debug output from the P2 is going over the serial line as hex, which would be wasting 15/16ths of the bandwidth of binary data. Is there any way to send that over as binary or even base64 to get better use of the available bandwidth?

Thanks,
    Doug