Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 20 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

1141516171820»

Comments

• Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 4,646
    edited 2024-02-21 22:56

@hinv said:
    Did the Feb 14 Live Forum happen? Is the video going to be posted?

Yes, did occur. Maybe they're having trouble preparing the video, for there was a multi-hour segment of "shrine maiden explains to CPU designer how to download ZIP files". So get excited for that. (Unless they cut the entire thing off, in which case, just believe me, it was very funny)

• I'm uploading the video to YouTube at this moment but it'll take a few hours. As Ada said, you get what you pay for and I didn't edit anything. Sorry for the delay.

Link for when it is done processing is here:

Thanks,

Ken Gracey

• @"Ken Gracey"
    Is there any possibility of these videos, especially the Spin2 for Beginners to be put on the forum as MP4 or similar so that I don't have to put up with the ads and other annoyances of viewing these on Youtube?

Thanks...

• Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 4,646
    edited 2024-05-27 22:07

Just install uBlock Origin? I've not seen an ad on YouTube in ages.

Alternatively you can grab video files using "yt-dlp".

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,347

Yes, use a downloader. I've never experienced the ads but they aren't the actual reason for me. I dislike the user tracking first and foremost. But also having the video file on my HDD for edit/source material and reducing network use are bonus factors too. I get to use a multitude of players/editors.

And always use a tracking blocker in your web browsers. There should be no exceptions. If the website misbehaves then complain to the website operators about it. It's their fault for installing the malware on their website.

• @evanh said:
    And always use a tracking blocker in your web browsers. There should be no exceptions.

Most certainly. If you don't have any sort of blocking you're actively putting yourself in harm's way. It turns out google and friends do about zero vetting on ads they run and there have been many incidents where the website of some popular software was 1:1 copied, the download replaced with a virus and then made to appear as an ad above the real website.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,347

Malware added on top of pre-existing malware.