Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
KISS Eval board (obsolete, no longer shipping) - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

KISS Eval board (obsolete, no longer shipping)

Comments

• @ManAtWork said:
    Is anybody outside the USA still waiting for response or delivery of an order from ErNa/nascma? I have some spare boards and could jump in to fill the gap if required.

I'll take a couple, please, buddy....just let me know what I need to do. I'll have them delivered to the factory because I don't trust Hermes with home deliveries.

Hopefully, with ErNa, it's more a case of them being too precious to let go :lol:

Craig

• ErNa seems to be cast away and doesn't respond to any messages. So I have to take care of shipment by myself, again. Unfortunatelly, shipping rates also increased a lot since last year. I've updated the how-to-order instructions in post #1. I have 8 KISS001 and 16+ KISS000 boards left at the moment and can produce more if required.

• Does @Publison still have 000boards in stock?
    Jim

• Yes he should. Have you tried to contact him?

• @ManAtWork said:
    Yes he should. Have you tried to contact him?

email was sent to @RS_Jim

• Just received mine....many thanks Nicolas @ManAtWork. These are really nice :+1:

Just received 5 boards for Edge modules but I'm planning Rev B to use the KISS.

Nicolas....you need to look at bumping up the price to keep it interesting for yourself :smile:

If you don't, I'm just gonna send extra next time and we can argue about it :lol:

Craig

• @Mickster said:
    Just received mine....many thanks Nicolas @ManAtWork. These are really nice :+1:

Agree with that!

BTW... remember the crystal is 25MHz on KISS.
    So easily forgotten when swapping devices and code in a mad moment (or at least I forgot that too easily, and only realised much later having stepped back to debrief over a pint :)

• @VonSzarvas said:
    and only realised much later having stepped back to debrief over a pint :)

:lol:
    This has been happening with me since forever.
    I quit work, head to the pub or restaurant, have an epiphany, drop everything and get back to work. Not good when it happens on a date because the date gets cut short :lol:

• @Publison Price of simple KISS P2 to Everett WA 98204?

• MicksterMickster Posts: 2,588
    edited 2022-12-05 03:33

Repeating myself. Should've checked the thread :D

• ErNa finally replied and sent me some boards. So I have 20+ KISS000 (without) and 10 KISS001 (with SD card socket) in stock, again. Rainer (ErNa) said he's OK and healthy but has problems with his business and needs a sabatical. So I'll take care of the distribution in Europe in the near future.

• Thanks for the update :+1:
    Happy to learn that ErNa is OK, sad to learn about the business problems (been there) :neutral:

Craig

• I am still waiting on a shipped to USA price of a KISS board. Actually either versions.
    Anyone have an update on USA distribution?

• Shipping from Germany to USA costs €15 with normal postal service (takes 2-3 weeks). UPS costs ~$45 and only takes 3-4 days.
    The prices in post#1 (€20 and €25) are up to date as long as there is stock. When I have to produce new ones prices will be likely to increase.

• @RS_Jim said:
    @Publison had some but his health deteriorated and he has not been heard from in some time. I could use one more myself. Maybe someone else could take care of US distribution.

As Jim said, unfortunatelly, the USA distribution by Publison is not available, at the moment. So I can only repeat what I said in the last post: I still have some in stock and I can ship to the USA for the increased rate of €15. Maybe we could ship a bundle.

PS: please use this thread for order and shipping questions. The general discussion thread is about technical details like schematics and software.

• The email address for ordering seems to be out of action?

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<info@benezan.com>:
    No mx record found for domain=benezan.com

Cheers, Bob

• Ah, thanks for finding that typo. Of course, it's info@benezan.de

Would you be willing to forward some boards to other members in the USA? Probably, @hinv, @rwl7532 and @RS_Jim are also interested. Of course I'd pay you for the shipping inside the US and we share shipping costs from Europe to the US.

• Bob's located in the UK. I think the US guys need to be more proactive if they really want the excellent KISS boards.

• I'd be interested in a few more if someone's doing a shipment to the US.

Parallax should really sell these boards themselves. They seem much easier to use for one-off projects and quick prototypes than the P2-Edge.

• @Electrodude said:
    I'd be interested in a few more if someone's doing a shipment to the US.

Please tell me how much you need. I'll arrange a bundle shipment to the US the next days. Unfortunatelly, nobody has volunteered for the distribution so far.

Parallax should really sell these boards themselves. They seem much easier to use for one-off projects and quick prototypes than the P2-Edge.

I'll ask Ken in the next live forum meeting.

• I can do US shipping from zip code 87106. I'd be using easyship, so you can check the rates there.

• Ok, now I have 3 orders:
    @bob_g4bby: 2 boards, UK
    @RS_Jim : 1 board, USA
    @Electrodude : 2 boards, USA

Does it make sense to ship the bundle to James (@SaucySoliton), first? To me it looks like much overhead to add an extra hop for just one extra board.

• @ManAtWork said:
    Ok, now I have 3 orders:
    @bob_g4bby: 2 boards, UK
    @RS_Jim : 1 board, USA
    @Electrodude : 2 boards, USA

Does it make sense to ship the bundle to James (@SaucySoliton), first? To me it looks like much overhead to add an extra hop for just one extra board.

If you don't end up bundling shipping to the US this time, you can cancel my order. I don't actually need any more yet, but thought I might as well get some because it seemed like it would be convenient. I'll wait until you ship a bundle to the US or until I actually need more.

• +1

• JDJD Posts: 570

Hello all, Cheers and Happy Friday

I just found out about these cool boards today and I'm looking for one. Are they available in the US from anyone?

• Hello Joshua,

I can ship directly to you for ~$25. If you can wait a few days we could eventually arrange a bundle shipment. @hinv offered he could possibly help.

@Electrodude and @RS_Jim, are you still interested?

• @ManAtWork said:
    Hello Joshua,

I can ship directly to you for ~$25. If you can wait a few days we could eventually arrange a bundle shipment. @hinv offered he could possibly help.

@Electrodude and @RS_Jim, are you still interested?

I'd be interested if you did a bundle shipment. I'd rather not use PayPal/Venmo if possible - do you accept any other forms of payment?

• @Electrodude
    What is current us price?
    jim

• The current prices are always in post #1. And no, I don't take crypto currency. Only real money with Paypal or bank transfer.

• I have just increased the prices (see post #1). Reasons are:

• Inflation, increased prices for components (P2 = $17.95)
    • I have to write off 20+ boards shipped to Jim (Publison) in 2021
    • Buyers change their mind too often wasting my time

Please remember: I don't do this for profit. If I did I had to calculate like Parallax does. The P2 Edge is still twice the price of a KISS board. I find that fair. If you don't please tell me. I'm also open for suggestments and improvements. But I won't argue about prices, payment terms or shipping any longer.