Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 16 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

Comments

• Aristides AlvarezAristides Alvarez Posts: 486
    edited 2021-08-30 16:29

Hello everyone,

I will be filling in for Ken until he comes back. Ken wants to make sure that this weekly forum continues happening during his temporary absence.

If you were a Parallax customer for a while, you probably will remember me. So, yes, I'm the same Ari you remember.

This week Chip was available to meet on Wednesday and we will keep the usual 1:00 pm PST time (Just meeting one day ahead of regular schedule).

Since it has been three weeks since the last event, we will try to do shorter updates (to catch up) and then we will open up for discussion. We will only record the presentation section of the event.

If you have something to present, please send me a message or email me at aalvarez@parallax.com. I will add you to the list and if we run out of time this week, I'll get you set for next week's presentation.

The registration link is available on the first post.

I'll meet you on Wednesday!

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2021-08-30 18:41

Ari, good to have you back! Thanks for filling in. Are you still in Honk Kong?

See you just changed your avatar.

• Good to have a Zoom Meeting again.

But I disagree with just recording the first part, the last meetings where already shortend and I really think this is wrong.

If you miss the live meeting, or need to look up infos said there you are doomed.

Is there any technical reason to not record the whole meeting, even if it is multiple hours long, restrictions of youtube or so?

Sure some of the open discussions go of topic, but still are valid and important.

So please record all of it, the more the better.

And if not interested one can skip or stop looking at the video, but if interested and it is not recorded - hmm - you will never know...

Mike

• @msrobots said:
    Good to have a Zoom Meeting again.

But I disagree with just recording the first part, the last meetings where already shortend and I really think this is wrong.

If you miss the live meeting, or need to look up infos said there you are doomed.

Is there any technical reason to not record the whole meeting, even if it is multiple hours long, restrictions of youtube or so?

Sure some of the open discussions go of topic, but still are valid and important.

So please record all of it, the more the better.

And if not interested one can skip or stop looking at the video, but if interested and it is not recorded - hmm - you will never know...

Mike

+1

• Hi Mike,

OK. I think I can do 2 recordings. One for the presentation section and then another for the open discussion.

This may resolve all the issues from the conflicting requests we're getting.

We are planning to bring back any P2 technical discussion that happens during the open discussion section to the following week as a presentation point (at the beginning). So the open discussion section would act as an incubator for triggering more formal presentations for the following week.

For example, if Chip makes a demonstration of some feature during the discussion, it usually takes a while to get setup and going. We will bring the subject and a demo to the beginning of next week's event so it would be more organized and we can present the information in a way that will be easier to share.

So, for people that wants to have the information presented on a more organized manner, they can just look at the presentation videos. And for the core P2 developers that want to get every minute of the discussion (if you missed it or want to go over again in detail) you'd have the recording of the discussion section.

Would that work for you guys?

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,144

@"Aristides Alvarez" said:
    Would that work for you guys?

Yes, a split into two makes sense. Keeps file size down, and lets users choose what they want.

I think you also save the comments/chat as a text file too, right ? That often has useful links.

• Ari,
    Please check your PM
    Thanks

• Registration links in the first post as usual.

The links to videos and chat files for the 9/1 event were also added on the first post.

If you have something to present, please send me a PM or email to aalvarez@parallax.com and we will add you to the presentation schedule.

See you Thursday!

• Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 4,459
    edited 2021-09-09 23:19

Wow, I must have just talked for like an hour straight, wtf. Will have to time it once the video is uploaded. Also gotta count the individual levels of tangentialness. When I start to talk it's like some sort of curse, I can't stop.

Also, hope @ersmith doesn't mind my very failed and terrible flexspin debug demonstration and me insinuating he's having hexagonally induced insomnia.

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    Wow, I must have just talked for like an hour straight, wtf. Will have to time it once the video is uploaded. Also gotta count the individual levels of tangentialness. When I start to talk it's like some sort of curse, I can't stop.

Also, hope @ersmith doesn't mind my very failed and terrible flexspin debug demonstration and me insinuating he's having hexagonally induced insomnia.

I wasn't there, but it's important to realize that you are making a positive contribution.

There's no need to apologize for a wip demo gone wrong or a joke that didn't land. I guess in other words if you actually went beyond your peer's tolerance level you would have heard actual complaints or criticism you could act on. Like a "let's move on" kind of gentle prodding comment.

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,923
    edited 2021-09-10 00:11

I'm sorry I missed that, but I had a very busy day today. I would have thanked you by voice for all your contributions to the forums, and, especially, many helpful hints to me as I squeeze more PASM2 code into my projects.

• @Wuerfel_21 said:

I'm sorry I couldn't make it today, but I look forward to watching the video. Thank you for demoing your improvements to flexspin, I think everyone will find them useful. You've always been kind to me about some of the awful code in flexspin, so I'm sure your insomnia comments can't be too bad :).

Cheers,
    Eric

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    When I start to talk it's like some sort of curse, I can't stop.

I was there, thus able to "hear and see", "live" (up to the limits of my internet connection), and enjoyed it all , so, please, go ahead!

JIT: (way ago) when I was young, one of my most beloved aunts gave me the alias of "machine gun"; you can just immagine why... :lol:

• We have everything recorded and we will post the links soon.

My computer was having issues with the recording so at some point we stopped recording.

But the meeting ended right after we stopped recording so you won't miss anything. Just people saying goodbye.

• We will have to delay the presentation on P2-EC-32MB until September 30.

We are looking for volunteers for presenting this Thursday, 9/16.

Do you have any P2 project or application that you'd like to present? It could be a short presentation between 10 to 30 minutes.

Just let me know by PM or by email to aalvarez@parallax.com.

If we don't have presentations setup for Thursday, we can still do the discussion part of the Live Forum.

• This week the presentation section will be shorter and discussion should start earlier.

The link to join the event was posted in the first post earlier this week.

See you later!

• Next meeting is on Thursday, September 23th at 1:00PM Pacific time.

Link to register is already published in the first post on this thread.

The main presentation will be an update from Coley (Graham) on the P2 Arc8de Machine. Open discussion will follow.

If you have something to present or would like to hear about any specific project or application, please send me a PM or email at aalvarez@parallax.com.

edited 2021-09-23 18:00

If you are attending today's meeting just remember to register first:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcqdO-trz8qGNKsid8R8kbzh7yOXZYvUbwA

edited 2021-09-30 16:13

We are not going to have a P2 Live Forum this week. We had a couple of issues that forced us to delay this event for next week.

Next P2-Live Forum is going to be on October 7th from 1:00 to 4:00 pm Pacific time. Michael will be bringing an update on P2-EC-Rev C and the upcoming P2-EC-32MB.

We just assembled a panel of P2-EC Rev C boards and you can see the picture below.

The link to register for the next live forum is available on the first post of this thread.

edited 2021-10-16 17:42

Propeller 2 Live Forum: Open Discussion
    Next event date TBD
    The P2 team is working hard to meet some deadlines. We will update this post once we set the schedule for the next Live Forum.

Translation: Chip's afraid of me asking for the curry sauce again ;3

• Did Thursday, October 7th ever happen?

• @Publison said:
    Did Thursday, October 7th ever happen?

Yes, I should have the YouTube links up by Wednesday.

edited 2021-10-18 17:21

I remember being there, but maybe it's like SCP-3930 and I just imagined it while Michael has been lost to the V̷̻̜͍͉̙̜̜̩͎̱̦̿̿̏͊̉ͮͥ̃̉͛ͤ̓̓͒ͤ̚O̷̴͚̗̗̦̼̟̱͙͓̱̅ͪ͌̒ͥ̄̉̓̀ͨͮ̏͜͝I̡̩̦̰ͣͥ̐͛̓̎͆ͭ̚͢͢͢͟D̨̢̛̫̼͓͎̳͙̥̳̯̩̼̍͌ͭͤ̽͗̎́ͣͮ̍, I don't know. :tongue:

Also, I had to restart my babbling such that it could be recorded, so y'all better get the video up ;P?

• @"Aristides Alvarez" said:

@Publison said:
    Did Thursday, October 7th ever happen?

Yes, I should have the YouTube links up by Wednesday.

Thanks.

• And Thursday it is...

Links are up. Indexing done on the presentation. The discussion is shorter this time and has no index added (Ada shared video presentation).

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2021-11-15 01:06

Registration link on first post!

Ken Gracey

edited 2021-11-15 01:06

Ken Gracey

edited 2021-11-15 01:09

Ken Gracey