Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Arc8de Project - Page 7 — Parallax Forums

P2 Arc8de Project

123457»

Comments

• ColeyColey Posts: 1,108

Thanks Mickster and Chip for making me aware of this post.

At this time there are no kits available and pretty much all work has stopped due to me being so busy with work.

I will release the CAD drawings in the next couple of days so at least people with access to a laser can make a cabinet.

Mickster mentioned I hadn't yet unboxed the CNC router I purchased over 12 months ago which is criminal really but sadly it's true.

I've been concentrating on running my Security Systems business which has expanded significantly over the last 18 months, all work and no time to play!

• No sh*t you didn't even turn up to the pub 😂🤣

@Mickster said:
    No sh*t you didn't even turn up to the pub 😂🤣

I can promise you, that is so out of character for me! ;)

• We need to hook up before I return to the US but seriously, I believe that you have one heck of a product here....needs to be a reality 👍😎

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133

Glad you're still around, Coley!

• Oh yeah, wondered what happened to this.

If you haven't paid attention to the software side of things, we have a NeoGeo emulator now. Very Arcade-y. Custom 96MB RAM expander required for full enjoyment, but also works with the 32MB Edge board.

Updated first post with the design files for the single button model.
    I still need to tidy up the 6 button variant, once I've done that I'll post that here too.

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    Oh yeah, wondered what happened to this.

If you haven't paid attention to the software side of things, we have a NeoGeo emulator now. Very Arcade-y. Custom 96MB RAM expander required for full enjoyment, but also works with the 32MB Edge board.

Awesome work Ada, I'll have to get that working on a cab! Thanks for sharing ;)

• For it might not be obvious, code and instructions live here: https://github.com/IRQsome/NeoYume (and likewise https://github.com/IRQsome/MegaYume for the Mega Drive one)

• pik33pik33 Posts: 2,347

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    Custom 96MB RAM expander required

There is a link "Eagle source file" on this page that is broken (404)

• @pik33 said:

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    Custom 96MB RAM expander required

There is a link "Eagle source file" on this page that is broken (404)

Ping @Rayman

• So, Coley, is the software/firmware available? I can get through the cabinet build even though I don't have a laser cutter. The software is my big hurdle.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,799
    edited 2023-03-22 21:34

I'll check on link... Thanks.

Fixed!

@moorem34 said:
    So, Coley, is the software/firmware available? I can get through the cabinet build even though I don't have a laser cutter. The software is my big hurdle.

Hi, if you are referring to the 8 in 1 release then we are still waiting for our world record attempt to be ratified before releasing the sources.

• Coley, yes I am. Understood on the world record attempt. I'll just keep checking back...thanks

• Yeah, just need to get a time when Coley and myself aren't mad busy with paid work, hopefully we'll manage to get time to get it done and out soon :D
    Just to let you all know, we've far from forgot, just can't get the time to have a proper catch up and sort it.