Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The unofficial P2 documentation project - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

The unofficial P2 documentation project

Comments

• SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2012-12-10 05:32
    Sapieha wrote: »

Done. I stated the equivalent expressions a bit different than Dave Hein did.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2012-12-10 05:40
    Keep that up Sapieha, I have just been porting these instructions in and it's still the first pass and incomplete but you should be in there editing these yourself !!!
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2012-12-10 06:00
    Hi Peter.

If I write badly on forum -- You can always sak ----> If I edit badly on this WEB document -- People that don't know what place to ask will be confused

thanks
    Keep that up Sapieha, I have just been porting these instructions in and it's still the first pass and incomplete but you should be in there editing these yourself !!!
    edited 2012-12-10 06:03
    Hi.

Can any of You edit HUB MEMORY picture --- It look's badly
    edited 2012-12-10 06:08
    edited 2012-12-10 06:33
    Hi.

Can any of You edit HUB MEMORY picture --- It look's badly
    Do you mean this one? How so?
    edited 2012-12-10 07:36
    cgracey wrote: »
    Ah! I thought Roy answered your question, but now I understand you were talking about something different.

The hub instructions: CLKSET/COGID/COGINIT/COGSTOP/LOCKxxx will take 1..8 clocks if their Z/C/R bits are all 0, meaning they don't have to wait for anything back from the hub (no Z, C, or D result). If they are going to receive some result back, they must wait for the next cycle to receive it. Hence, those instructions which get results back take 2..9 clocks.

So, what about the RDxxxx instructions? Based on the "3..10" in your original documentation, does that mean 3 clock cycles, plus up to 7 more if waiting for hub?

For he WRxxxx instructions, I am assuming that the "1..8" indicates that there are no applicable effects (i.e. WZ and WC do not cause Z and C to change, and WR would make it a RDxxxx instruction).
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    edited 2012-12-10 07:42
    Seairth wrote: »
    So, what about the RDxxxx instructions? Based on the "3..10" in your original documentation, does that mean 3 clock cycles, plus up to 7 more if waiting for hub?

For he WRxxxx instructions, I am assuming that the "1..8" indicates that there are no applicable effects (i.e. WZ and WC do not cause Z and C to change, and WR would make it a RDxxxx instruction).

You're right on both counts.
    edited 2012-12-10 07:54
    cgracey wrote: »
    You're right on both counts.

Thanks. Also, in the Propeller Reference Manual for WRxxxx, there is the following footnote: The Z flag is set (1) unless the main memory address is on a long boundary.

Is this still true? Or does the forced alignment (e.g. WRLONG uses mask %1_11111111_11110000) make that no longer applicable?
  • ctwardellctwardell Posts: 1,716
    edited 2012-12-10 12:18
    Do you mean this one? How so?

The $00E7F should be above the $00E80 shouldn't it? It is currently smashed on top of APPLICATION RAM.

C.W.
    edited 2012-12-10 12:51
    ctwardell wrote: »
    The $00E7F should be above the $00E80 shouldn't it? It is currently smashed on top of APPLICATION RAM.

Weird. I didn't see that issue until I opened it for editing. Anyhow, I have moved it back to its proper location and, while I was making changes, added the internal CLK and LOCK registers.
    edited 2012-12-10 15:19
    I've been busy just filling in a lot of P2 details and I have just been going back over the cog diagram trying to put all the details in there including the special function registers which are not part of the memory map. This is a part I would like to fill in with all the detail of the registers. A more complete hub diagram would detail the I/O and CPU etc. Could somebody take a look over it and see if there is something to add or change, thanks.

image?id=sbl6kU15T7eSUPTkjOzXTcA&rev=704&h=372&w=804&ac=1
    edited 2012-12-10 15:22
    Hi Peter.

Line from my own PDF on CTRA, CTRB.

CTRA/CTRB (FRQ,PHS,SIN,COS) 'Each have FRQ, PHS, SIN and COS register

I've been busy just filling in a lot of P2 details and I have just been going back over the cog diagram trying to put all the details in there including the special function registers which are not part of the memory map. This is a part I would like to fill in with all the detail of the registers. A more complete hub diagram would detail the I/O and CPU etc. Could somebody take a look over it and see if there is something to add or change, thanks.

image?id=sbl6kU15T7eSUPTkjOzXTcA&rev=704&h=372&w=804&ac=1
    edited 2012-12-10 15:25
    Hi Peter.

Line from my own PDF on CTRA, CTRB.

CTRA/CTRB (FRQ,PHS,SIN,COS) 'Each have FRQ, PHS, SIN and COS register
    That's right, of course, the four DACs etc have yet to be drawn.
    edited 2012-12-10 15:26
    Hi Peter.

Little more.
    [B]MULLL/MULLH[/B]                      'etc, registers to acces the multiply, divide, SQRT and CORDIC ooperations
    [B]DAC0/DAC1/DAC2/DAC3[/B]              'configuration and data for the DAC’s 
    [B]LFSR[/B]                             'Random number generator

edited 2012-12-10 15:29
    Thanks Sapieha, I'll get those in too.
    edited 2012-12-10 15:35
    Hi Peter.

Nice edit so far.

Can You add to Boxes INDA, INDB
    ++/--
    Thanks Sapieha, I'll get those in too.
    edited 2012-12-10 15:44
    Hi Peter.

Thanks.

You know that it will now be steal to my PDF ?
    edited 2012-12-10 15:47
    You're welcome to, but you know it will always be out of date, it already is.
    edited 2012-12-10 15:50
    Hi Peter.

No Problems..

My PDF are to out of date --- I generate it every time after I edited TEXT file

Ps. -- NO pictures before end of Work on it

You're welcome to, but you know it will always be out of date, it already is.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2012-12-10 15:56
    Seairth wrote: »
    Okay. I couldn't leave well enough alone. Take a look at the ABS instruction. It has all of the same information, but I have formatted it for the landscape layout of the page. In case you are wondering about the landscape layout, I asked Peter about this choice. He pointed out that it's better suited for widescreen monitors. Quite right!
    yes, i think widescreen could be used with benefits and we can also print in landscape.

as far as abs goes, i think the various instruction formats can be simplified. we dont require the first 2 because the optional conditions cover this. likewise. the immexiate versions do not require thatthe c flag is unavailablebecause it is in factavailable and usable - it always clears the c flag. that should benoted in the c flagsection - use of # fot the source with wc will always clear the c flag because b31 is implied to be0. I think it could be more beneficial to have a set of note (footnote style) that is common for alll instructions, and is found at the end of theinstruction sets. there are a lot of uses for setting flags like mov $,#0 wz nr 'set z flag and mov $,#1 wz nr 'clr z flag ie not zero.
    edited 2012-12-10 15:56
    Hi Peter.

One more question.

Is it possible have that 64-bit info in that 2 boxes.

(ACCA 64-bit)                    'Multiply Accumulator A.
    (ACCB 64-bit)                    'Multiply Accumulator B.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2012-12-10 15:58
    just so it is not forgotten, later i think the tips and traps document should be added too.
    edited 2012-12-10 16:15
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    just so it is not forgotten, later i think the tips and traps document should be added too.
    Here's a tip and a trap....don't volunteer to document the P2! :)
    edited 2012-12-10 16:52
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    as far as abs goes, i think the various instruction formats can be simplified. we dont require the first 2 because the optional conditions cover this.

I pondered this "duplication" as well. However, I decided that it was still worthwhile because it shows what the "default" encoding is (i.e. the encoding if no condition or effects is specified).
    edited 2012-12-10 18:04
    Chip, as each I/O group has it's own power and ground is it possible to have one lot of I/O at 3.3V and then another at a different voltage?
    edited 2012-12-10 18:07
    Hi.

If I understand it correct --- Yes

Chip, as each I/O group has it's own power and ground is it possible to have one lot of I/O at 3.3V and then another at a different voltage?
    edited 2012-12-10 18:12
    Hi.

If I understand it correct --- Yes
    Yes, as I understand it too, just double-checking.
    While doing the pinout table for the P2 it reinforces just how general-purpose the I/O pins are. On any other micro I have multiple functions a pin can perform but you can't really transfer those functions to another pin. With the Prop every I/O pin works the same and is truly general-purpose, or should we say, multi-purpose I/O (MPIO).

EDIT: anyone know what type of SPI Flash the P2 boots from?
    edited 2012-12-10 18:53
    Can You add to Boxes INDA, INDB
    ++/--

I would prefer that they not be included there (or on the PTRA/PTRB) registers. My rationale is that the picture is of the registers, not of the instructions. The pre/post increment/decrement operations are part of the instructions.