Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax's 12V Modular Wheel and Motor Mounts - Feedback Requested! - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

Parallax's 12V Modular Wheel and Motor Mounts - Feedback Requested!

Comments

• StampNut2StampNut2 Posts: 224
    edited 2007-10-04 17:56
    Yes, I would also like an update please, Ken?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Never give up when things go wrong.

robosapienv2-4mem8.page.tl/
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2007-10-04 20:44
    Whit said...
    Any news? Gotta to start planning my next purchase.

According to my resources, we hope to have a finished product by the early part of November.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2007-10-05 00:47
    Woo hoo!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
    edited 2007-10-05 05:45
    Nice, Thanks for the update.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Never give up when things go wrong.

• computer guycomputer guy Posts: 1,113
    edited 2007-10-09 05:48
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    Whit,

Here are the pictures of the completed Chassis…There is supposed to be plastic on top which I didn’t get to, and then of course the sensors…Guess that will have to wait until Monday. Enjoy!

Hey nice robot.
    It is similar in design to my robot.
    Motors are similar and so is the general design of 2 wheel drive with pivot wheel.
    I would have gone with the prop though just for more room to expand in the future.

If you would like to compare you can look at mine at robot.tmcp.com.au.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Check out my robot using the propeller robot.tmcp.com.au
    If you offer cheap PCB fabrication, perl programming or any other helpful services please email me at.
    anthonybmyatt@yahoo.com.au
  • .:John:..:John:. Posts: 64
    edited 2007-10-10 00:33
    Hey, I came up with a nice idea for this motor system. Use a thin rope and a basket. Taa Daa! Instant elevator. Make a false bottom with a pressure sensor and electronic delay. Do some fancy programming to have the motor either pull up or go down. Meaning you would need to find some way for the elevator to know if it were up or down. Possible use as a laundry basket. If you have a homemade robot this could be used to get it from one floor to another. Just replace pressure sensor with infrared receiver and wire up robot with a transmitter. Voila!
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-10-10 16:05
    Computer Guy,

The reason I used a BASIC Stamp was to demonstrate that a BS2 could easily run such a robot including the intended accessories (GPS, Thermopyle, etc.). O f course a Propeller can do all of that and more, but some people will want to take the BS2 Moduule off their BOE-Bot and watch it control something much bigger. That was my original plan. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2007-10-10 21:44
    Good to hear from you Chris!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • celestino_galancelestino_galan Posts: 44
    edited 2007-10-11 12:03
    I would like if you not only do (shell) the motor weels (they looks very good, but a bit expensive for me) but a new robot wich be one or two steps more then the boebot.
    I mean bigger, with more capacity to carry higer weights, with new batteries System... and maybe with more practicals Ideas (to be sold) for it...

And I think it would be a happy idea (for you to sell more) to have another focus for the basicStamp System... I mean practical Ideas to sell in a kit (of course that we mount and program...) that we consider them usefull to have for example in our homes..

For example. All of us, can do an electrical curtain system, with light sensors... with the stuff you sell but if you make a kit to sell (like the boebot) I think you would increase yours selling very very much. There are a lot of people that would buy you one kit not only for experimenting but for a "happy" solution for them.

Celestino Gal
  • computer guycomputer guy Posts: 1,113
    edited 2007-10-12 12:03
    Ok Chris.
    I understand now, thanks for pointing that out. I thought it would have been something like that.
    You guys make damn nice products. I am in the process of purchasing my 3rd propeller chip and I also own a BS2 with Board of Education.
    Would like to purchase a wheel and motor mount set but are a bit out of my price range.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Check out my robot using the propeller RECONAUTOR
    edited 2007-10-15 17:51
    Yeah, it helps to think of the limitations on the BOE-Bot as being in the servos themselves…You lose >20ms of processing time each pass through the main code to wait for the servos. Gaining that back would allow so much more to be done. At some point I will post what I have. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2007-10-16 01:17
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    ·At some point I will post what I have. Take care.
    Can't wait...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

• SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
    edited 2007-11-04 16:05
    I hate to bump this thread, but I was wondering if there is any word on this item?

Thanks,
    Eric
    edited 2007-11-05 22:10
    Eric,

Were you looking for additional information on the wheels or the code?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • MarkSMarkS Posts: 342
    edited 2007-11-06 00:35
    I think everyone who's posted in this thread deserves a free pair when these are ready next November. That is just good customer service. turn.gifyeah.gif Doesn't everyone agree? devil.gif
  • D FaustD Faust Posts: 608
    edited 2007-11-06 01:25
    Now I think that that is a little much to ask, but a few might be reasonable. eyes.gif Maybe for·consumer testing? blush.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --DFaust
  • SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
    edited 2007-11-06 03:47
    Chris,

I was looking on the release date of the Wheels , Motors and Mounts. It was supposed to be early november, I was just checking in.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • MarkSMarkS Posts: 342
    edited 2007-11-06 12:31
    D Faust said...
    Now I think that that is a little much to ask, but a few might be reasonable. eyes.gif Maybe for consumer testing? blush.gif

Why is it that no one on this forum can identify sarcasm? confused.gifwink.gif
  • Naphtali MooreNaphtali Moore Posts: 42
    edited 2007-11-06 12:54
    I own 2 HB-25's, 2 12v motors, 2 collision 6in wheels w/ tires and plenty of lead acid batteries but my robot has yet move an inch for lack of hubs. I love the·idea of the project and like everyone is suggesting; settling on some standardized size·of shaft or hub would allow for off the shelf wheels and·lower cost. You could still offer your CNC wheels as an add one. But·I would consider a more pimped flame design. [noparse]:)[/noparse]··I'd pay 100-150 for 2 motors, gears and shafts, if I knew I could get the wheels off the shelf. Heck why not contact a big wheel company and see if you cant come up with a package deal. Good luck!
    edited 2007-11-06 13:14
    MarkS, maybe it is becuase I can't really hear your tonesmilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --DFaust
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2007-11-06 15:58
    SailerMan said...
    Chris,

I was looking on the release date of the Wheels , Motors and Mounts. It was supposed to be early november, I was just checking in.

Thanks,
    Eric
    We may have a delay here, due to the fact that we are currently working on the Penguin robot.· I don't have an exact time frame at this point.· I will post it as soon as I have a specific date.

Thanks,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
    edited 2007-11-06 17:29
    I was hoping they would be out before Christmas. There is always my birthday in April though.

As far as the free pair for posters on this thread·- I would settle for a discount on the wheel, motor and encoder·sets with a pair of HB25s. smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

edited 2007-11-06 20:34
    This thread is for a wheel and motor combo.· You would attach the motor through an HB-25 into the servo headers on the boe.· I think you have the wrong thread.· Don't post in other threads directing people to your problems.· If they want to help, they will.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --DFaust

Post Edited (D Faust) : 11/6/2007 11:10:07 PM GMT
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2007-11-25 03:39
    ¿Que pasa los motos coolio?

What's up with the cool motors?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2007-11-26 02:00
    Hey guys! The "story" is as follows:

The electronics are complete and we're preparing to pick and place the PCBs in Rocklin.

What's not done is the machining. The reason it's not done, nor is it getting done quickly, is because our CNC mill is running like crazy making Penguins. It's been this way for the last six weeks. The fixture setup took us a while, but now we're making those little birds really quickly - and the quality is awesome. Once this is done, which should be within a week or more (you've heard me say "really soon" before) we should be moving on to motor mounts and wheels. We're doing our best right now. It could only be expedited with the addition of a second CNC mill.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2007-11-26 07:06
    What electronics? For encoders or?

Penguins...nice...maybe someone will pick one up for me off my wishlist smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 840
    edited 2007-11-26 17:41
    Hey Ken,
    Got a mill just waiting for some work smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank's Brian

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/lunarX/

·"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." ·· Albert Einstein

http://www.diycalculator.com/subroutines.shtml· My favorite website ( Bet you can't guess why)
    edited 2007-11-28 02:39
    Thanks for the update Ken! Glad to know that the project is still cooking!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

edited 2007-12-01 07:27
    Yeah, Me too, thanks for the update Ken.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Never give up when things go wrong, Just work them out.

• Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 840
    edited 2007-12-02 18:47
    ·Ken , them are going to be some really neat drive motors . You must have seen that setup in a dream. smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank's Brian

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/lunarX/

·"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." ·· Albert Einstein

http://www.diycalculator.com/subroutines.shtml· My favorite website ( Bet you can't guess why)
    640 x 427 - 180K