Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders! - Page 10 — Parallax Forums

P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders!

Comments

• As Kramer would say "I'm on it". I expect to ship before the end of the week. FInally.
  • MJBMJB Posts: 1,235
    MJB wrote: »
    @"Peter Jakacki": I have not seen a price/availability for the P2D2 DEV-board yet.

Would be nice to be able to get the Dev-Board and the P2D2 with all the goodies
    in one mailing to Europe. At the hefty shipping cost.

you want a dev board as well @ErNa ?
    I suppose the european delivery will be to you?
    And you can forward it inside Germany/Europe?
    @"Peter Jakacki" - I know where to PAYPAL to, but not how much ... should I guess ?
    I do not want to miss the shipping ... who knows if there will be another one any time soon ...
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    I hope to have a little stock soon and some will be available for distribution inside Europe
  • I expect to ship before the end of the week. FInally.

All of them this week, finally?
  • I would be interested on one development board.
    Mathias Franke
    Germany
  • ErNa wrote: »
    I hope to have a little stock soon and some will be available for distribution inside Europe

I would be interested in a P2D2 board
    @ErNa can you let us know how we order one from you?
  • Woo, just in time. Moving shop next month; hopefully publison will get the package before I have to change my address...
    I am *super excited* to be able to play with the 1080p tile driver and ReSound.

What do I need to get HDMI/DVI out? Just a breakout board or cut up cable?
    rosco_pc wrote: »
    ErNa wrote: »

I would be interested in a P2D2 board
    @ErNa can you let us know how we order one from you?

The moment they arrive I will give a press conference in front of a helicopter on the lawn. To provide a non faked real fact. But not just now ;-)
  • ErNa wrote: »

I am waiting @"Peter Jakacki" 's board for long time now. But while he priced the boards for US customers we (european/italian) are still waiting how much we have to pay-pal.
    Have the boards been shipped? I would have prefered air travel?
  • Peter, I have paid on Nov 9th ($70 + shipping + extra) thinking that you would ship in one or two weeks. At that date I had the option to buy a board from parallax but didn't ordered because every time you always said 'next week'.

It has been almost 4 months now and still nobody have boards. I can see on the forum that you are active with other SW projects. Have you abandoned this project? If so, please let us know what options do we have. Paypal refund, ... or what else?

(to the forum: I only see ErNa asking for delivery date. Are just we the only two persons that paid the board?)
  • pmrobertpmrobert Posts: 669
    edited 2020-03-01 15:02
    No, I also paid for a board so that's three known.
    I strongly believe, we should not fear about the money paid. Peter is doing a great job and all the information he has given up to now should enable us to copy the boards ourself. The reason we don't do it is quite simple: it's "cheaper" just to order. Cheaper not in terms of money alone, we just might not be able to do it.
    So we have to wait a little longer, and to be more patient. Certainly we will have a solution in November, as up to then I'll be able to support Peter (don't have to waste time cleaning up twitter.) I assume Peter is focused on creating a software suite (called Tachyon) to make money (by solving commercial tasks) and then reinvest into what he does for the community. If only the money for ads would be spend to face real challenges. The world doesn't laugh, but cries bitterly!
  • Ramon wrote: »
    (to the forum: I only see ErNa asking for delivery date. Are just we the only two persons that paid the board?)
    I ordered one but am not in a hurry to get mine so I haven't asked about its status.

• octettaoctetta Posts: 123
    edited 2020-03-01 19:20
    David Betz wrote: »
    I ordered one but am not in a hurry to get mine so I haven't asked about its status.
    This is true for me as well.
  • MJBMJB Posts: 1,235
    and Peter hasn't even given the cost for the full bundle yet:
    P2D2 + Dev-Board + Breakouts?
    so I can send the money and get everything in one shipment to Europe (ErNa AFAIK)
    Without Dev-Board or P2D2 breakouts I would have a hard time to interface e.g. HDMI/VGA ...
    so I am waiting patiently as well
    still enough to do with P1 & IoT5500+P8
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-03-02 03:06
    I'm not doing this for the money believe me, but I did believe that I would have had board assembled and shipped long before now. But the revisions and parts and testing delayed everything until Christmas/New Years hiatus where nothing much gets done, and then when I was ready to proceed, my friend who does a nice job with assembling boards was very sick, and has been for a rather worrying extended period. A few times we thought we'd be right to go, but couldn't. He rang me today and gave me the all clear to come down and get all this done tomorrow, so believe me, I am going down tomorrow to get these boards done.

Mind you, I did build up some boards initially but I had trouble with the paste and stenciling. Even though I purchased a fresh tub of paste in the meantime, I haven't been confident enough to assemble these boards as I have been getting this terrible prolonged and extreme cramping in my hands (long term effects of my chemo) after only a short time of manual pick n place etc, which is not at all desirable, and very frustrating. A few boards got messed up in the process, and I don't want to add to that.

I will post a progress report tomorrow with photos. I'm holding off doing any other add-ons and dev boards until I get these out the door and the manufacturing process down pat.

P.S. I will try and make up this inconvenience somehow, maybe with little extras etc. Also, the P2PALS and P2LAB boards will be next as well as more P2D2s (as long as I can get more P2 chips that is).

• Thanks for this update Peter. It's reassuring for all us buyers to know what is happening with the status of the P2D2 and how you expect further progress to occur etc.
  • ...I did build up some boards initially but I had trouble with the paste and stenciling. Even though I purchased a fresh tub of paste in the meantime, I haven't been confident enough to assemble these boards as I have been getting this terrible prolonged and extreme cramping in my hands...

I have a full SMT production line here including stencil printer, P&P machine and reflow oven. I don't live very far away from ErNa so if you send us some boards and components we could assemble them here.

I wish you good health, get well soon.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    pmrobert wrote: »
    No, I also paid for a board so that's three known.

Same here,but I did agree to wait shortly after that. Hoping to get it soon so I have time to play with it before the boating season starts and I am too busy.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-03-02 15:11
    North America members, I will post as soon as I receive from Peter. All labels are printed as well as postage and will take 1/2 hour to mail all orders for NA.
  • Publison wrote: »
    North America members, I will post as soon as I receive from Peter. All labels are printed as well as postage and will that 1/2 hour to mail.
    Thanks for acting as the NA distributor! Now if only I can find time to do something with the P2D2 board or even the Eval B board that I already have. I'm beginning to wonder if I should offer my P2D2 board to some other forum member who could make better use of it.

• ... And if anyone would prefer a board more urgently, there's a big discount on the Eval board whilst stock lasts:

https://www.parallax.com/product/64000-es

• I have paid already and did let Peter know I could wait.
    edited 2020-03-13 08:21
    ModEdit: deleted. Sorry. My hope is fed by those sweet little lies that tomorrow everything will be fine, also I know tomorrow is just another day. ..
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-03-13 02:50
    My wife woke up early on Wednesday morning vomiting and in a lot of pain and to cut a long long detailed story short we spent the whole day at the hospital until 9pm. Not cv19. The next day she/we were just recovering. Today, I had to go out and just got back in and arranged to see my friend on Monday instead and it turns out that he has had a lot of things get in the way too and also he is finishing up a shipment to China that has taken up a lot of his time (yeah, we export electronics to China, go figure). I'm figuring out what I can get sent out, but shipping has been very slow we noticed. I went to the shops yesterday and they had pretty much plenty of everything except toilet rolls. The whole aisle was bare. Found some today at another place. Mad hey!?

Since I have had so many unforeseen delays I am seeing what stock I have that I can send out today or tomorrow. When I get more on Monday then good, I can send them too.

EDIT: I can get the next round of boards through on automatic PnP, now that I know these work. Also the companion P2PAL and P2LAB as well although they are simpler.
  • My wife woke up early on Wednesday morning vomiting and in a lot of pain and to cut a long long detailed story short we spent the whole day at the hospital until 9pm. Not cv19. The next day she/we were just recovering. Today, I had to go out and just got back in and arranged to see my friend on Monday instead and it turns out that he has had a lot of things get in the way too and also he is finishing up a shipment to China that has taken up a lot of his time (yeah, we export electronics to China, go figure). I'm figuring out what I can get sent out, but shipping has been very slow we noticed. I went to the shops yesterday and they had pretty much plenty of everything except toilet rolls. The whole aisle was bare. Found some today at another place. Mad hey!?

Since I have had so many unforeseen delays I am seeing what stock I have that I can send out today or tomorrow. When I get more on Monday then good, I can send them too.

EDIT: I can get the next round of boards through on automatic PnP, now that I know these work. Also the companion P2PAL and P2LAB as well although they are simpler.

I'm happy to hear that your wife is recovering and hope it's nothing serious.

The toilet paper situation is ridiculous; you'd think people were going to eat it or something.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Peter, hope Carol has recovered and nothing serious.

As for TP and other staples - eg sugar was out today too!

Noticed some other smart retail companies are stocking TP now too :)
    Signs out the front of Servos too (petrol stations).

Been suggested to launder the tp sheets ;)
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,805
    edited 2020-03-13 14:18
    I heard the Australian newspaper is printing 4 extra blank pages...

Toilet paper was sold out here in Northern Virginia USA too.
    That one caught me by surprise...
  • Are there any extra P2D2's being shipped to the United States?

Bill M.