Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders! - Page 5 — Parallax Forums

P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders!

Comments

• @cheezus - all the files are available in my Dropbox except the pcb is done in Protel. However here is a quick screenshot with some dimensions plus the gerber files.
    2008 x 1288 - 153K
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    I'm sure Peter will chime in.
    Meanwhile, the 2.54mm are on 2.5mm grid and you should be able to work backwards as the 1.27 are on 1.27 grid.
  • If these are still available I would love to get one will all the bells and whistles.

California location.

Thank you!
  • @cheezus - all the files are available in my Dropbox except the pcb is done in Protel. However here is a quick screenshot with some dimensions plus the gerber files.

I thought I checked your dropbox but I just started with kicad?? Oh well, thanks for the SS with dimensions! That worked perfectly.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2019-11-12 11:25
    gpick wrote: »
    If these are still available I would love to get one will all the bells and whistles.

California location.

Thank you!

Use the "PayPal Me" link in Peter's sig to pay: Pay $75 in US dollars.
    useforthlogo-s.png
    P2 --- TAQOZ INTRO & LINKS --- P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET --- TAQOZ RELOADED - 64kB binary with room to spare
    P1 --- Latest Tachyon with EASYFILE --- Tachyon Forth News Blog --- More
    paypal.png PayPal me
    Brisbane, Australia

Then send me a PM with all your shipping information and email info.
  • @publison - sounds like I've quite a few to ship to you. My parts order didn't get processed last week for some reason but I should have the parts this week and ship them early next week which means by the end of next week you should have them. The board is looking good and the USB serial is working well. I will make sure I send out order confirmation to all those who have paid. Cheers.
    edited 2019-11-12 12:47
    @publison - sounds like I've quite a few to ship to you. My parts order didn't get processed last week for some reason but I should have the parts this week and ship them early next week which means by the end of next week you should have them. The board is looking good and the USB serial is working well. I will make sure I send out order confirmation to all those who have paid. Cheers.

I am up to 12 as of this morning, 13 including Chip. We waited 12 years, what's another week? :)
  • I sent paypal and PM with address last Saturday. As I didn't received any reply I just write this to check that it was not lost on some internet hole. Thanks!
  • Ramon wrote: »
    I sent paypal and PM with address last Saturday. As I didn't received any reply I just write this to check that it was not lost on some internet hole. Thanks!

Peter might be a little behind.
    My parts order didn't get processed last week for some reason but I should have the parts this week and ship them early next week which means by the end of next week you should have them. The board is looking good and the USB serial is working well. I will make sure I send out order confirmation to all those who have paid. Cheers.

• Ramon wrote: »
    I sent paypal and PM with address last Saturday. As I didn't received any reply I just write this to check that it was not lost on some internet hole. Thanks!

Don't worry, I saw that but I've been concentrating more on making sure everything is right when they are manufactured. Everyone will receive a confirmation this week.
    edited 2019-11-12 15:20
    Just imported Gerbers into Diptrace. Curious to see if the P0 to VDD clearance produced a DRC error or the Gerber out had some hickups. Maybe it was gerber-In that produced the errors on my end. Was able to delete about 6 short entries to make it look good.
    What does the final board look like?
    1162 x 707 - 344K
    1153 x 706 - 348K
  • As a reminder for those of you in North America doing the bulk order, after you PayPal Peter, send me a PM so I can put you on my spreadsheet.
    Please include your address, email, and phone if it's required for customs.

And as Peter has requested:
    I have included a personal PayPal.me link in my sig but make sure to pay in USD as I'm getting confused with all the different amounts and fees (probably normal)

I have secured the smallest bubble wrap envelope that would accommodate the P2D2 and ship safely. I have calculated the next shipping within NA will cost $1.50. Do not send this to Peter. I also have a paypal link in my sig for this charge. Do not sent until I have received the boards and have posted here.
  • The photo of the assembled pcb in the first post is the r3 version but you can grab the gerbers and drop all of them in an on-line 3d viewer to get a detailed look. It's important to grab the txt file along with all the .Gxx files and drag them over to the little "p" in the word "Drop" (it seems to be touchy as to where they get dropped).

Here are some screenshots showing how it's done (and a zip of the gerbers in case you don't have them)
  • Guess it didn't throw a DRC error. Your were using 5/5 or smaller?
  • That was a little bit of a polygon pour on VDD that got carried away. I have an r4 board which I tweak ready for production which limits that polygon to the other side of the P2. It will also have an extra breakaway 40 way strip on the P0..31 side for RPi compatibility.
  • P2D2 r3 hanging around my laptop undergoing tests.
    The P2 clock is fed 20MHz from a 25MHz crystal through the Si5351 and configured at power-up via the EMF8UB3 chip which mostly handles the USB serial ports (looks like a CP210x). Later on if we change to a sub 1ppm 26MHz crystal instead, then the P2 clock will still be 20MHz thanks to a different configuration in the EFM8UB3 chip (thanks @jmg). Anyone who needs a special frequency can load new values.

This is the dmesg output from Linux when I plug it into USB.
    [102590.775911] usb 3-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 10 using xhci_hcd
    [102590.881202] usb 3-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=ea60
    [102590.881203] usb 3-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [102590.881205] usb 3-1.2: Product: CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller
    [102590.881206] usb 3-1.2: Manufacturer: Silicon LaBS
    [102590.881207] usb 3-1.2: SerialNumber: 0005
    [102590.883038] cp210x 3-1.2:1.0: cp210x converter detected
    [102590.884108] usb 3-1.2: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1

P2D2R3-USB.jpeg
    1600 x 1200 - 209K
  • While I keep this thread mainly for order request it is also a general update page. The Flash and other parts came in yesterday so first thing Monday I will be assembling these boards. Today I took one of the Flash chips in the WSON package and mounted it to try it out. It all works as expected although I covered the exposed pad of the chip with polymide tape since it could very well short to the pads either side.
    TAQOZ# .SF --- $EF40_1800 $4326_1523_$E468_4C57 ok
    TAQOZ# 0 $40 SF DUMP --- 
    00000: FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF     '................'
    00010: FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF     '................'
    00020: FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF     '................'
    00030: FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF FF     '................' ok
    TAQOZ# 0 0 $1.0000 SFWRS ---  ok
    TAQOZ# 0 $40 SF DUMP --- 
    00000: 60 12 80 FD  50 32 44 32  72 33 20 20  03 00 00 00     '`...P2D2r3  ....'
    00010: 00 2D 31 01  00 1C 4E 0E  FB 0B 00 01  00 10 0E 00     '.-1...N.........'
    00020: 30 31 32 33  34 00 00 00  48 0C 00 00  00 F8 E6 11     '01234...H.......'
    00030: 35 36 00 00  C4 04 00 00  2C 22 00 00  EA 22 00 00     '56......,"..."..' ok

Here is a shot of it mounted.
    IMG_20191116_110610.jpg
    2971 x 1707 - 663K
  • Glad you found the flash part that fits. Is that all that is left now and things will be final or are there more changes to come? I was waiting for things to all settle down before ordering my board.
  • rogloh wrote: »
    Glad you found the flash part that fits. Is that all that is left now and things will be final or are there more changes to come? I was waiting for things to all settle down before ordering my board.

Don't let me stop you from ordering :)
    As I said, I will be assembling these boards on Monday, testing and shipping on Tuesday/Wednesday.

• PM sent.
  • Things have been hectic for me the last month. Is there a person in the US who is handling payments/distribution so that Peter can ship to a single location?
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2019-11-16 03:00
    JonnyMac wrote: »
    Things have been hectic for me the last month. Is there a person in the US who is handling payments/distribution so that Peter can ship to a single location?

I'm shipping to @Publison and you can PayPal me direct $75 USD which includes shipping. You can PayPal me via my sig or my email as "sending money" in US dollars (don't let PayPal convert it). At present I am treating this as non-commercial especially since it is for forum members and shipped via a volunteer member but if I get into some regular production I will work out something better.

One of the reasons for paying in USD is simply because I pay for my parts in USD and there is no reason to give PayPal more money converting back and forth and back again.
  • I'd like one of these boards with all the options.

edited 2019-11-16 11:22
    JonnyMac wrote: »
    Things have been hectic for me the last month. Is there a person in the US who is handling payments/distribution so that Peter can ship to a single location?
    As a reminder for those of you in North America doing the bulk order, after you PayPal Peter, send me a PM so I can put you on my spreadsheet.
    Please include your address, email, and phone if it's required for customs.

And as Peter has requested:
    I have included a personal PayPal.me link in my sig but make sure to pay in USD as I'm getting confused with all the different amounts and fees (probably normal)

I have secured the smallest bubble wrap envelope that would accommodate the P2D2 and ship safely. I have calculated the next shipping within NA will cost $1.50. Do not send this to Peter. I also have a paypal link in my sig for this charge. Do not sent until I have received the boards and have posted here.

Shipping in NA covered by payment sent to Peter. No additional funds needed.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2019-11-16 10:32
    @Publison - I mean to reimburse you directly rather than complicating it for everyone else. So please pass that cost onto me.
  • @Publison - I mean to reimburse you directly rather than complicating it for everyone else. So please pass that cost onto me.

OK. We will do it that way then.
  • is $5 also the shipping cost to sweden, Europe?
  • rosco_pc wrote: »
    is $5 also the shipping cost to sweden, Europe?

No, that is when it is consolidated and shipped to the US via @publison as casual international shipping rates from western countries even for a very small package is ridiculous.
    The P2D2 is very flat and much smaller area than a business card and even with padding should well and truly be within the 20mm allowed for the cheaper "letters and documents".

However if you hold off a bit you should be able to order direct from an EU distributor who will make an announcement on the forum soon.
  • rosco_pcrosco_pc Posts: 449
    edited 2019-11-17 03:56
    thanks I'll wait. Can not do much to start with as I'm on a business trip till xmas
  • I would like to order one. Chicago IL USA.

Thank you for making these, they are perfect for embedded controller designs.