Shop Learn
New P2 Silicon - Page 14 — Parallax Forums

New P2 Silicon

1111214161728

Comments

  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    evanh wrote: »
    I don't have the skills to give input. The stuff that Saucy posted on filter performance when we were adding SincX filters went straight over my head.

    I think it went through mine, but left little trace.

    Saucy, can you refresh us?

    I think the idea was that rather than dwell on a certain ratio, which creates a dead spot, of sorts, the integrator would always be meandering above and below the midpoint.
  • I did not have any success with 2 RC stages on the P1. Here was the discussion: forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1459359/#Comment_1459359
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    I did not have any success with 2 RC stages on the P1. Here was the discussion: forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1459359/#Comment_1459359

    Thanks, Saucy.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    edited 2019-09-17 08:22
    I got the scope smart pin mode and SCOPE data pipe documented today.

    Just search for "ADC Scope":

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gn6oaT5Ib7CytvlZHacmrSbVBJsD9t_-kmvjd7nUR6o/edit?usp=sharing
  • evanhevanh Posts: 11,045
    edited 2019-09-17 10:14
    I should start testing the external bitstream feature ...

    Hmm, grr, going back to Pnut is hurting my mental well-being. I like using Eric's #include "more-code.spin2" but I can't rely on it assembling correctly for the revB chips yet. I have all my helper subroutines in one file where any little fixes are naturally carried to all test programs that include that file.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,762
    evanh wrote: »
    I should start testing the external bitstream feature ...

    Hmm, grr, going back to Pnut is hurting my mental well-being. I like using Eric's #include "more-code.spin2" but I can't rely on it assembling correctly for the revB chips yet. I have all my helper subroutines in one file where any little fixes are naturally carried to all test programs that include that file.
    me too :(
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,762
    Chip,
    With the few tricks I've learnt over the past 6 months I find that I can save a few more longs in the SD and Monitor ROM ;)
  • evanh wrote: »
    I should start testing the external bitstream feature ...

    Hmm, grr, going back to Pnut is hurting my mental well-being. I like using Eric's #include "more-code.spin2" but I can't rely on it assembling correctly for the revB chips yet. I have all my helper subroutines in one file where any little fixes are naturally carried to all test programs that include that file.

    If you don't mind being a guinea pig here's a version of fastspin that can compile for the new revB chips. Just pass "-2b" on the command line. To get the original silicon use "-2a". For now plain "-2" is the same as "-2a", but that will change once more of the new silicon is out in the wild.

    I think the only instruction encoding changes are:
    - rdlut/wrlut accept PTRA and PTRB special forms
    - the PTRA/PTRB forms allow offset from -64 to +63 if there is no update specified
    - new instructions setscp and getscp

    AFAICS the other changes are compatible (e.g. the extra bits in drvh/drvl/etc.).

    Did I miss anything?
  • evanhevanh Posts: 11,045
    Here's the old list of changes - https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/169282/list-of-changes-in-next-p2-silicon/p1

    Only thing I can see that might be missing is GETCT WC

  • evanhevanh Posts: 11,045
    Oh, I'll be wanting the Linux binary of fastspin please. :)
  • evanh wrote: »
    Oh, I'll be wanting the Linux binary of fastspin please. :)

    It'll be in the "build" folder of your git repo after you do a "git pull; make" :).

    On the serious side I've pretty much assumed that most Linux users of fastspin are comfortable with (and perhaps even prefer) building it from source. If enough people tell me I'm wrong I can revisit that.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 11,045
    Ah, I'd assumed, by the way you presented the zip file, that the changes weren't in Git.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 11,045
    Well, it's working. But then the only new thing I'm using right now is the SINC smartpin mode.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    ersmith wrote: »
    evanh wrote: »
    I should start testing the external bitstream feature ...

    Hmm, grr, going back to Pnut is hurting my mental well-being. I like using Eric's #include "more-code.spin2" but I can't rely on it assembling correctly for the revB chips yet. I have all my helper subroutines in one file where any little fixes are naturally carried to all test programs that include that file.

    If you don't mind being a guinea pig here's a version of fastspin that can compile for the new revB chips. Just pass "-2b" on the command line. To get the original silicon use "-2a". For now plain "-2" is the same as "-2a", but that will change once more of the new silicon is out in the wild.

    I think the only instruction encoding changes are:
    - rdlut/wrlut accept PTRA and PTRB special forms
    - the PTRA/PTRB forms allow offset from -64 to +63 if there is no update specified
    - new instructions setscp and getscp

    AFAICS the other changes are compatible (e.g. the extra bits in drvh/drvl/etc.).

    Did I miss anything?

    Eric, the PTRA/B non-updating offset range is -32 to +31. Look at the latest Google doc for the exact encoding. Otherwise, your list of instruction encoding changes is correct.
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,160
    Hi Chip,

    Will this revision be available on an Eval board for us early adopters, or will we have to wait for the finished product? If so, when will it be available? (sorry if I missed the information somewhere in all threads)

    /Johannes
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    Ahle2 wrote: »
    Hi Chip,

    Will this revision be available on an Eval board for us early adopters, or will we have to wait for the finished product? If so, when will it be available? (sorry if I missed the information somewhere in all threads)

    /Johannes

    Johannes, as soon as we get more chips, we will make new P2 Eval boards with them. We are expecting over 1,000 new chips. Waiting for ON Semi to find out the delivery date.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 11,045
    An earlier expected delivery date got a little delayed with the testing hiccup.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    ...as soon as we get more chips, we will make new P2 Eval boards with them. We are expecting over 1,000 new chips. Waiting for ON Semi to find out the delivery date.
    Where/how do I register interest in such a board?
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    cgracey wrote: »
    ...as soon as we get more chips, we will make new P2 Eval boards with them. We are expecting over 1,000 new chips. Waiting for ON Semi to find out the delivery date.
    Where/how do I register interest in such a board?

    If you want one, there will be plenty available.
  • Chip: Any update on getting more P2 chips packaged and eval boards made?
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    David Betz wrote: »
    Chip: Any update on getting more P2 chips packaged and eval boards made?

    Yes, we are supposed to receive at least 1,000 chips on October 18th. We are scheduled to make 192 P2 Eval boards then.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    Chip: Any update on getting more P2 chips packaged and eval boards made?

    Yes, we are supposed to receive at least 1,000 chips on October 18th. We are scheduled to make 192 P2 Eval boards then.
    October 18? That's my birthday! :smile:

  • RaymanRayman Posts: 12,031
    Is that enough chips to also sell chips without the ES board?
  • SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2019-09-26 23:22
    More importantly, can we start giving you our money now???
  • jmgjmg Posts: 14,676
    cgracey wrote: »
    Yes, we are supposed to receive at least 1,000 chips on October 18th. We are scheduled to make 192 P2 Eval boards then.
    Will those be 100% OnSemi tested, and what 'stress voltage' test levels are they now using ?
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    Rayman wrote: »
    Is that enough chips to also sell chips without the ES board?

    Yes.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,610
    jmg wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »
    Yes, we are supposed to receive at least 1,000 chips on October 18th. We are scheduled to make 192 P2 Eval boards then.
    Will those be 100% OnSemi tested, and what 'stress voltage' test levels are they now using ?

    They will pass ON's digital tests and Parallax' analog pin tests. No V-stress test will be applied.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 12,031
    Yeah! Time to start work on my dream P2 board...
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,582
    I really like the time is coming to start the next generation of work. In the mean time I like to watch others playing with words. So if iirc there are some links between the propeller 1 and Finland. So we have a finish propeller 1 and an almost finished propeller 2. So funny.
  • ErNa wrote: »
    I really like the time is coming to start the next generation of work. In the mean time I like to watch others playing with words. So if iirc there are some links between the propeller 1 and Finland. So we have a finish propeller 1 and an almost finished propeller 2. So funny.

    Oh sh.. does Ken knows that? He need to send you a P2 to finally get it finished!

    Enjoy!

    Mike
Sign In or Register to comment.