Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tachyon NEON V5 (FAT32 and Ethernet Servers in 32kB EEPROM!) - Page 11 — Parallax Forums

Tachyon NEON V5 (FAT32 and Ethernet Servers in 32kB EEPROM!)

Comments

• Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2018-09-13 00:21
    @RS_Jim
    CASE only checks for equality so if you have MINS@ SWITCH it will take 0 to 59
    as the argument for SWITCH which only sets a switch variable.
    0 CASE <do something> BREAK

Compares 0 to the switch variable and if equal will do something and then EXIT which means that
    this type of structure needs to be in a separate function and called from within your BEGIN AGAIN loop.

There is no way normally that you could check a CASE of > or < unless we define those operators but you could
    do something like this:
    pub SEQUENCE ( mins -- ) 
    	DUP IF (all off) 
    	ELSE
    	20 / SWITCH
    	0 CASE ( 0..19 ) ( dstairs on ) BREAK
    	1 CASE ( 20..39 ) ( ustairs on ) BREAK
    	( 40..59 ) ( shop on )    \ CASE would be redundant at this point 
    	THEN
    	;
    pub MAIN
      	BEGIN
    	  MINS@ SEQUENCE
    	AGAIN
    	;

Alternatively:
    pub SEQUENCE ( mins -- )
    	DUP 39 > IF ( shop on ) DROP BREAK
    	DUP 19 > IF ( ustairs on ) DROP BREAK
    	IF ( dstairs on ) BREAK
    	( all off )
    	;

This last version is very simple and factoring SEQUENCE into its own word that
    requires the parameter be passed to it on the stack allows you to test it easily
    rather than being dependent upon the current time.

You may notice too that I used IF BREAK together and that's just a little trick
    with the way that CASE BREAK is implemented in this version of Tachyon where
    BREAK simply compiles "EXIT THEN" which you could have used too.
    The first test 39 > will detect 40..59 and turn the shop on and then exit
    The second test 19 > will detect 20..39 (since >39 has failed and proceeded to here)
    The final test is simple is it or is it not 0 because the only conditions left are
    0 or 1..19.

So this method is not so much about Forth but more about simplifying or rearranging your algorithm
    rather than trying to make it fit into some particular syntax. In any language then it is simple to implement.
  • OK, odd thing happened... I loaded the other kernel as suggested, and then cut and pasted your hex code above. Seemed to work fine. Rebooted, and now I have multiple ROMS, and the SIDCOG twice! I have not even attempted to load the other ROMS. Are they built in to the kernel?
    End of source code, 0000  errors found  Load time = 42.9
    Code bytes used = 8232
    Name bytes used = 3672

CODE:$39A8 = 14248 bytes
    NAME:$5B42 = 6334 bytes
    DATA:$75D9 = 201 bytes
    FREE:      = 8602 bytes
     Data Stack (0)

ok
    ...  \
    ...  ?BACKUP BACKUP  ok
    ...  REBOOT

Propeller .:.:--TACHYON--:.:. Forth V5r4 NEON 540180811.0000
      *** MODULES ***  Propeller .:.:--TACHYON--:.:. Forth V5r4 NEON 540180811.0000
    31B4: TOOLS            DEV TOOLS
    1980: EXTEND           Primary extensions to TACHYON V5 kernel  - 180829-0000

AUTORUN BOOT 3146
    FREQ = 80.00MHZ
    *** INITS ***
    *** ROMS ***
    C01C: SIDCOG     1648
    E01C: VGA32x15    848
    E37C: HSUART      392
    E514: F32        1900
    EC90: UART        464
    EE74: SIDCOG     1648
    *** I2C ***
    $A0 EE/RTC
    I/O =  31 :UHUU 27 :DD~~ 23 :~~~~ 19 :~~~~ 15 :~~~~ 11 :~~~~ 7 :~~~~ 3 :~~~~
    INTERCOM:

CODE:$39A8 = 14248 bytes
    NAME:$5B42 = 6334 bytes
    DATA:$75D9 = 201 bytes
    FREE:      = 8602 bytes
     Data Stack (0)
    Mon, 01 Jan 2001 00:00:01 UTC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @GHarris - try:
    $C000 $4000 $FF EFILL

to wipe the rom area and load them in again.
  • That did the trick, thanks. Is there a Forth demo for the SIDCOG ROM anywhere?

• GHarris wrote: »
    That did the trick, thanks. Is there a Forth demo for the SIDCOG ROM anywhere?

I've always meant to play with it one day ;) I remember writing Forth code for a real SID chip once, that was a lot of fun!

Maybe I might find some time I will kick off a demo for it.
  • Peter,
    Finally I get a chance to try some of your suggestions. Having a failure I am sure cockpit error on my side. this is what I see when I paste my commands in from notepad.
    ...  .DT Sat, 15 Sep 2018 06:24:05 MST ok
    ...  pub CTLAC %111 0 3 PINS!  ??? in CTLAC at PINS!
                                                         ;
    ...  pub USTAIRS %110 0 3 PINS!  ??? in USTAIRS at PINS!
                                                             ;
    ...  pub DSTAIRS %101 0 3 PINS!  ??? in DSTAIRS at PINS!
                                                             ;
    ...  pub SHOP %011 0 3 PINS!  ??? in SHOP at PINS!
                                                       ;
    ...  {
    ...  pub CTLAC %111 0 3 PINS!  ??? in CTLAC at PINS!
                                                         ;
    ...  pub USTAIRS %110 0 3 PINS!  ??? in USTAIRS at PINS!
                                                             ;
    ...  pub DSTAIRS %101 0 3 PINS!  ??? in DSTAIRS at PINS!
                                                             ;
    ...  pub SHOP %011 0 3 PINS!  ??? in SHOP at PINS!
                                                       ;
     ..  128 bytes hvacregs
    ...  pub HVAC 4 RUN:
    ...      hvacregs 8 COG!
    ...      ctlac  ??? in HVAC at ctlac
                                         OUTCLR
    ...      BEGIN
    ...      pub SEQUENCE ( mins -- )
    ...      IF DAY@ > 5 BREAK
    ...      IF HRS@ < 15 BREAK
    ...      IF HRS@ > 19 BREAK
    ...          DUP 39 > IF ( shop on ) DROP BREAK
    ...          DUP 19 > IF ( ustairs on ) DROP BREAK
    ...          IF ( dstairs on ) BREAK
    ...          CTLAC
    ...          ;

Why do my PINS! commands fail?
    JIm
  • PINS! only existed in EXTEND for the old V3 Tachyon and there are probably better ways of doing this too. Since you are only storing to P0..P2 and no shifting is involved I would simply do this with your routines using USTAIRS as an example:
    %111 OUTCLR %110 OUTSET 

As you can see this is very simple as it resets P0..P2 in general and then sets them with the new data.

For reference:
    OLD V3 CODE
    \ Build up a mask using a starting pin number and the number of consecutive pins
    \ Useage:  #16 8 MASKS CONSTANT dbus
    pub MASKS ( pin cnt -- mask )
    	0 ROT ROT ADO I MASK OR LOOP
    	;

pub PINS! ( data pin for -- )
    	ROT 3RD SHL  ( pin for data<<pin )		--- shift data into correct position
     	ROT ROT MASKS ( data<<pin mask )		--- create mask
     	OUTCLR OUTSET
     	;

Updated version of MASKS
    pub MASKS ( pin cnt -- mask )		SWAP FROM 0 SWAP FOR I MASK OR NEXT ;

• Yeah!
    I picked up that PINS! From the Glossery, so I thought that was the way to do it. I like the new way better.
    Jim
  • RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,751
    edited 2018-09-15 17:13
    Peter,
    How about this?
    pub ALLOFF %111 OUTCLEAR ; 
    pub USTAIRS ALLOFF %110 OUTSET ;
    pub DSTAIRS ALLOFF %101 OUTSET ;
    pub SHOP ALLOFF %011 OUTSET ;

128 bytes hvacregs

pub HVAC 4 RUN:
    	hvacregs 8 COG!

ALLOFF

BEGIN

pub SEQUENCE ( mins -- )

IF DAY@ > 5 BREAK

IF HRS@ < 15 BREAK

IF HRS@ > 19 BREAK

DUP 39 > IF SHOP DROP BREAK
            DUP 19 > IF USTAIRS DROP BREAK
            IF DSTAIRS BREAK
            ALLOFF
            ;

I see I forgot the AGAIN!

Jim
  • MJBMJB Posts: 1,235
    RS_Jim wrote: »
    Peter,
    How about this?

pub HVAC 4 RUN:
    	hvacregs 8 COG!

ALLOFF

BEGIN

pub SEQUENCE ( mins -- )

ALLOFF
            ;

I see I forgot the AGAIN!

Jim
    while it is possible to continie from one word into the next without using the ";"
    here it looks strange
    especially with the BEGIN in the first definition and AGAIN in the second.
    Probably you want to do s.th. else ...
    so maybe check your
    pub ... ;
    pub ... ;
    sequence
    edited 2018-09-16 02:33
    @RS_Jim - I can't figure out what you are trying to do, can you just write a paragraph or too that explains the sequence and the reasons and then we can come up with an efficient algorithm for it.

This kind of sequence is back to front but doesn't do anything even if it was fixed up:
    IF DAY@ > 5 BREAK

Normally you might test two values which leaves a true/false after which you use IF and if it is true then do something before you exit with BREAK
    DAY@ 5 > IF ( do something for day 6 and day 7 ) BREAK

BTW, you already used ALLOFF but you can combine it even more like this:
    pub SETPINS %111 OUTCLEAR OUTSET ; 
    pub USTAIRS %110 SETPINS ;
    pub DSTAIRS %101 SETPINS ;
    pub SHOP    %011 SETPINS ;
    PUB CTLAC   %111 OUTSET ;

edited 2018-09-16 08:34
    NEW COUNTER MODES
    For as long as Tachyon has been around I have used the counters for frequency and duty cycle modes but never got around to adding some of the other modes. Of course they are easy enough to write directly to the registers but here is a simple way of accessing the DETECT modes. Simply use the words POS or NEG followed by optional EDGE and/or FB (for feedback) then completed with the keyword DETECT. Use it this way to count positive edges (with demo)
    ...  0 LOW  ok
    ...  B 0 APIN POS EDGE DETECT  ok
    ...  100 FOR 0 HIGH 0 LOW NEXT  ok
    ...  COUNT@ . 100  ok
    ...  9600 SERBAUD  ok
    ...  $55 0 SEROUT  ok
    ...  COUNT@ . 106  ok
    ...  1 0 SEROUT  ok
    ...  COUNT@ . 108  ok

In the demo I just made sure P0 was low and not left floating then selected the B counter and set APIN to 0 and then POS EDGE DETECT mode. The next line toggle P0 100 times followed by checking the count with COUNT@. Then a simple serial output to look for those positive edge detect transitions etc.

I will expand upon these modes and include frequency and pulse-width/period measurement words to simplify user code.

These are some of the ways you can configure for DETECT:
    POS DETECT
    POS EDGE DETECT
    POS FB DETECT
    POS EDGE FB DETECT
    NEG DETECT
    NEG EDGE DETECT
    NEG FB DETECT
    NEG EDGE FB DETECT

NEW COUNTER MODES
    For as long as Tachyon has been around I have used the counters for frequency and duty cycle modes but never got around to adding some of the other modes. Of course they are easy enough to write directly to the registers but here is a simple way of accessing the DETECT modes. Simply use the words POS or NEG followed by optional EDGE and/or FB (for feedback) then completed with the keyword DETECT. Use it this way to count positive edges (with demo)
    ...  0 LOW  ok
    ...  B 0 APIN POS EDGE DETECT  ok
    ...  100 FOR 0 HIGH 0 LOW NEXT  ok
    ...  COUNT@ . 100  ok
    ...  9600 SERBAUD  ok
    ...  $55 0 SEROUT  ok
    ...  COUNT@ . 106  ok
    ...  1 0 SEROUT  ok
    ...  COUNT@ . 108  ok

In the demo I just made sure P0 was low and not left floating then selected the B counter and set APIN to 0 and then POS EDGE DETECT mode. The next line toggle P0 100 times followed by checking the count with COUNT@. Then a simple serial output to look for those positive edge detect transitions etc.

I will expand upon these modes and include frequency and pulse-width/period measurement words to simplify user code.

These are some of the ways you can configure for DETECT:
    POS DETECT
    POS EDGE DETECT
    POS FB DETECT
    POS EDGE FB DETECT
    NEG DETECT
    NEG EDGE DETECT
    NEG FB DETECT
    NEG EDGE FB DETECT

hi Peter
    it is a pitty those gems get buried in long threads.
    So I started again to collect them in my old - for some time abandoned -
    attempt to preserve them until they go into the official documentation.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tMlS3Oa8Sqa4LD90inoA9-JfhzuG_8m-yphxWHdFlZM/edit#heading=h.vkltvfv0hasd
  • @MJB - The original Tachyon thread went to well over 3200 replies and 318,000 views so I guess this thread is only a little baby in that respect :) Still easy enough to lose a lot of posts but there are dozens of other Tachyon threads too.

What do you suggest? Maybe it needs to be assembled into an online document or linked documents that could become the basis for an online Tachyon tutorial and projects book since Tachyon is the means to the ends, that is, getting hardware up and running, but in a fast and fun way.

• Peter,
    You asked for a narrative description of what I wished to achieve. Here in Arizona, our utility rates are based upon Peak demand during the hours of 1500 and 2000 Monday through Friday. We have a two story house with an air conditioned work space in a two car garage. My concept for this system is to limit the operation of each HVAC to a twenty minute, non overlapping segment during each of the five "prime time hours" The system is based upon using NC relays in each of the thermostatic control lines. If the system fails nothing happens and the HVAC operates normally. During prime time hours, during each 20 minute segment, one of the Units will be permitted to run as its relay will be off thus contact closed allowing the Tstat to control the unit normally. Thus first 20 minutes downstairs closed and running (%011) upstairs and shop off. Second 20 minutes downstairs off upstairs on shop off ( %101) and the last 20 minutes upstairs and downstairs off and shop on (%110). My concept was that if the Day is 6 or 7, your done, nothing happens. If the hours are less than 1500 or greater than 1900 also do nothing. If the hours are between 1500 and 2000, each 20 minute segment is active. I was trying to use <> constructs to lessen the number of comparisons that needed to be performed.
    If Day > 5 (=6 or = 7) exit, do nothing all relays off.
    if Hours < 1500 exit, do nothing all relays off.
    if Hours > 1900 exit, do nothing all relays off.
    if hours are between 1500 and 2000, and minutes are 1to 19 inclusive dnstairs on other two off.
    if hours are between 1500 and 2000, and minutes are 20 to 39 inclusive upstairs on others off.
    if hours are between 1500 and 2000, and minutes are 40 to 59 inclusive shop on others off.
    when minutes are 00 carry over from the last hour so that no unit turns on for 1 minute. (new thought)
    Thus my thoughts:
    Day > 5 exit
    Hours < 1500 exit
    Hours > 1900 exit
    Minutes 1-19 downstairs on (relay off)
    minutes 20-39 upstairs on (relay off)
    Minutes 40-59 shop on (relay off)
    I believe I could write this in PASM and easily fit it in 1 cog. I just thought forth was a better way to do it.
    I hope this makes sense.
    Jim
  • MJB,
    I just followed your link of saved nuggets of Tachyon wisdom. Wow, that is neat will have to book mark this for future reference.
    Jim
    edited 2018-09-16 13:35
    First thing I tackle is "teaching" Tachyon new words to expand its vocabulary so that I can "talk" to it in terms that are more application specific like this:
    ( our utility rates are based upon Peak demand during the hours of 1500 and 2000 Monday through Friday. )
    --- true if peak which is Mon to Fri  from  1500 to 2000
    pub PEAK? ( -- flg )	DAY@ MON FRI WITHIN   HOUR@ 15 20 WITHIN   AND ;

Now I can use PEAK? as in PEAK? IF ( do something etc ) THEN

More to follow.....
  • Damn Peter, here I thought I was being so smart with <> . So now I suppose I need t create a word for each HVAC unit that has the minutes WITHIN the appropriate 20 minute segment something like;
    pub DNSTAIRS  MINS@ 1 19 within %011 OUTSET 
    pub UPSTAIRS MINS@ 20 39 within %101 OUTSET ;
    pub SHOP MINS@ 40 59 within %110 OUTSET ;

I never dreamed that TACHYON would have such a construct.
    Jim
    edited 2018-09-16 15:14
    Perhaps but don't forget that you need conditional statements in there such as IF THEN. So each word can decide for itself whether it needs to be active, like this:
    pub ?DNSTAIRS      PEAK? IF MINS@ 1 19 WITHIN IF %011 OUTSET THEN ;
    pub ?UPSTAIRS      PEAK? IF MINS@ 20 39 WITHIN IF %101 OUTSET THEN ;
    pub ?SHOP      PEAK? IF MINS@ 40 59 WITHIN IF %110 OUTSET THEN ;

This doesn't give you the deadtime but that could be handled by replaced the OUTSET word in these functions with something that looks for a change and if so, turns off all outputs for a while before applying the new one. Here is something a little more functional which defines the relay pins, a relay memory to detect change and if there is then it applies a short dead time of 5 seconds etc.
    --- RELAY CONTROL PINS --- one of P0..P2 active low (it seems)
    2	:= *DNSTAIRS
    1	:= *UPSTAIRS
    0	:= *SHOP

byte relay
    --- select a relay	update relay memory - if change turn off, wait, then set new 
    pub RELAY ( n -- )	relay C@ OVER relay C! <> IF %111 OUTSET 5 s relay C@ MASK OUTCLR THEN ;
    pub ?DNSTAIRS		PEAK? IF MINS@ 1 19 WITHIN IF *DNSTAIRS RELAY THEN THEN ;
    pub ?UPSTAIRS		PEAK? IF MINS@ 20 39 WITHIN IF *UPSTAIRS RELAY THEN THEN ;
    pub ?SHOP		PEAK? IF MINS@ 40 59 WITHIN IF *SHOP RELAY THEN THEN [s][/s];

Your main loop doesn't have to do much, in fact this loop wouldn't even need to loop, it could even run in the main console cog as a "keypoll" event

pub ?HVAC ?DNSTAIRS ?UPSTAIRS ?SHOP ;

--- poll ?HVAC in the background of the main cog
    ' ?HVAC +POLL

There are other ways of doing this too, but the main thing is to check the functionality of it all and make sure it works first, then "improve" it.
    EDIT: I already have a better version again that doesn't worry about deadtime although it does turn off 1 min every hour as per spec but is called by the background timers every minute.

edited 2018-09-16 15:45
    COUNTER DETECT MODES

Here's a simple FREQ? word that sets up a counter using the DETECT modes and takes a 100ms adjusted sample and returns with the frequency.
    ...  pub FREQ? ( pin -- freq )   B APIN POS EDGE DETECT 99,989 us COUNT@ 10 * ; 
    ...  A 3 APIN 38 KHZ  ok
    ...  3 FREQ? . 38000  ok
    ...  A 1200 KHZ  ok
    ...  3 FREQ? . 1200000  ok

I use the A counter to generate a frequency while the B counter is used to count those pulses.
  • Hi Peter et al!

I've just started on the firmware for my data acquisition system - I loaded v5.4 + EXTEND in yesterday, smooth sailing. I have a card in the system that has an LTC2754 SPI 4-channel 16 bit D/A. I knocked together some cheap and cheerful routines to see how fast I could write to the chip. Turns out writing 5 32-bit values (4 channels + 'update all' command) takes about 70us (propeller running at 100MHz), so all things being equal I should be able to have an update rate of around 14kHz. I might be able to boost that further by using 24-bit writes.

One question: I will be adding a card that has an A/D on a separate SPI bus - is there currently support for multiple serial buses in Tachyon? If not, how difficult would be be to add? I intend to have a cog controlling each device asynchronously (they'll be sampling at different rates).

Anyway, allow me to express my gratitude for some sterling work - Tachyon is just the ticket for this project.

While I'm at it, thanks to MJB for compiling the 'encyclopedia' - extremely useful!

Andrew

1366 x 768 - 131K
    1366 x 768 - 125K
    edited 2018-09-17 11:08
    CtlAltDel wrote: »
    Hi Peter et al!

I've just started on the firmware for my data acquisition system - I loaded v5.4 + EXTEND in yesterday, smooth sailing. I have a card in the system that has an LTC2754 SPI 4-channel 16 bit D/A. I knocked together some cheap and cheerful routines to see how fast I could write to the chip. Turns out writing 5 32-bit values (4 channels + 'update all' command) takes about 70us (propeller running at 100MHz), so all things being equal I should be able to have an update rate of around 14kHz. I might be able to boost that further by using 24-bit writes.

One question: I will be adding a card that has an A/D on a separate SPI bus - is there currently support for multiple serial buses in Tachyon? If not, how difficult would be be to add? I intend to have a cog controlling each device asynchronously (they'll be sampling at different rates).

Anyway, allow me to express my gratitude for some sterling work - Tachyon is just the ticket for this project.

While I'm at it, thanks to MJB for compiling the 'encyclopedia' - extremely useful!

Andrew

each COG keeps it's own internal registers for SPI (clk, miso,mosi, ce, cnt)
    so as long you are using separate COGs you should be fine.

As always - if you REALLY want to go with TACHYON then read the source.

Have a look into EXTEND for @SCK and SPIPINS
    and TACHYON.SPIN for SPIPINS as well

There are actually two sets of SPI register in each COG
    one for the embedded SPI functions sitting at #0 ff actually it is 1 ff, at 0 sits the RESET vector
    and one for the more complex SPI functions loaded as RUNMODS sitting at #10 ff

• Thanks MJB - that has clarified things. I had assumed SPIPINS was global, and resided in hub memory, but as you say, each cog maintains its own, so that will work very well. I only need half duplex, so the bare bones 'fast' routines should do the trick. If I decide I need 'blistering' speed, I can write my own ROM and have tachyon load that.

Nice!
  • Hey @CtlAltDel - Looks good, line me up a Banana Daiquiri :)

You should be able to do a 24-bit SPIRD SPIRD SPIRD in around 6.24us but the SD block fastread/write routines use the counter so at 100MHz that would be a maximum rate of 12.5MHz SPI.

SPIWR32 writes 32-bits in 6.88us at 100MHz.

BTW all, I've started a new Tachyon projects folder, a compilation of various devices that have been interfaced and additional information and ideas on how it can be modified for other uses etc. This is not really an introduction or a tutorial or encyclopedia, but the wealth of information I am incorporating into it lets the beginner get straight into and hands on into a project, learning along the way. Like learning a few chords and playing a song, then building up theory and technique.

1066 x 334 - 55K
    tpf.png 55.2K
  • Hey @CtlAltDel - Looks good, line me up a Banana Daiquiri :)

Just the one? Lightweight :smile:

I've verified your timings. With 24 bit writes, and including the bit shifting and additions I need to do to build the control/address fields for each channel word, I can do a complete 4 channel update (5 24-bit writes) in 63us, 16 kHz - more than adequate for this application (controlling a piezoelectric element).

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    Hello Peter,
    we are now switching to V5 NEON from DAWN and changed our make files using RECLAIM instead of COMPACT etc. It turns out, that compiling EASYNET returns an error:
    ..  TACHYON V5   Propeller .:.:--TACHYON--:.:. Forth V5r4 NEON 540180811.0000
    0100   ok
    0200   ok
    0300   ok
    0393  ??? in WCOLD at TELNET 

This currently is the only error message.

Earlier we had a DICTIONARY FULL message, but the system is responsive. After a RECLAIM the system hangs up until hardware reset.

We came around the DICTIONARY by removing not used words from EXTEND, like WS2812, PWM, ... etc.
    3766: EASYFILE         SDHC card + FAT32 Virtual Memory File System V1.2 171024-0000 
    2FF4: TOOLS            DEV TOOLS 
    1980: EXTEND           Primary extensions to TACHYON V5 kernel  - 180915-1900

AUTORUN BOOT 2F82
    FREQ = 96.00MHZ
    *** INITS ***
    MOUNT 3DA4
    NO ROMS
    *** I2C ***
    $A0 EE/RTC
    $A2 EE/RTC
    INTERCOM: 

CODE:$4850 = 18000 bytes 
    NAME:$5B3C = 6340 bytes 
    DATA:$77BD = 685 bytes 
    FREE:      = 4844 bytes 
     Data Stack (0)
    Mon, 01 Jan 2001 00:00:00 UTC 
    CARD: SL32G SD03.80 #DD3D.6825 2017/3 !C0FF.80C3 1,413us
    FAT: #6464.6433          NO NAME     FAT32   31,910,789,120 bytes (32kB clusters)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...  BACKUP BACKUP  ok
     ..  IFDEF W5500
    ...  TACHYON V5   Propeller .:.:--TACHYON--:.:. Forth V5r4 NEON 540180811.0000
    0100   ok
    0200   ok
    0300   ok
    0393  ??? in WCOLD at TELNET 
    0600   ok
    0800   ok
    0883   ok

End of source code, 0001  errors found  Load time = 44.4
    Code bytes used = 2594
    Name bytes used = 1462

CODE:$5272 = 20594 bytes 
    NAME:$5586 = 7802 bytes 
    DATA:$784F = 831 bytes 
    FREE:      = 788 bytes 
     Data Stack (0)

ok
    ...  ---  
    ...  errors W@ NOT IF ' ifup +INIT THEN  ok
    ...  ?BACKUP BACKUP  ok
    ...  ---  
    ...  &13.12.15.14 WIZPINS ( P1372 )  ok
    ...  \  
    ...  &17.1.19.18 WIZPINS  ok

another RECLAIM results in FREE: 1480 bytes.

Is it just the case, that in the current version the complete system doesn't fit into the memory, that is, EXTEND, EASYNET and EASYFILE can not be loaded together? Or are we doing wrong? Maybe some Tariffs can reduce the code import and so reduce the deficit?
  • Peter,
    I have been thinking about the original algorithm, and I believe that it will better to change the upstairs within period to 0 to 19. Doing that eliminates the chance that one unit could try and recycle too soon. The only other thing I need to do is figure out how to out clear everything when Hours = 20 and minutes =0. That will restore they system to the non peak condition of all relays off.
    Should have some time today to do some testing. Will install this on a QS board so that I have the LEDs to sub for relays for tests.

I am looking forward to peaking into the projects folder.

Jim
  • @RS_Jim - The PEAK? word will return false if it is non-peak so therefore wouldn't you use this to turn off the relays? I think this code should do pretty much what you are after.
    ( our utility rates are based upon Peak demand during the hours of 1500 and 2000 Monday through Friday. )
    --- true if peak which is Mon to Fri  from  1500 to 2000
    pub PEAK? ( -- flg )	DAY@ MON FRI WITHIN HOUR@ 15 20 WITHIN AND ;

( My concept for this system is to limit the operation of each HVAC to a twenty minute, non overlapping segment during each of the five "prime time hours" )
    --- RELAY CONTROL PINS --- one of P0..P2 active low (it seems)
    2	:= *DNSTAIRS
    1	:= *UPSTAIRS
    0	:= *SHOP

byte relay
    --- select a relay	update relay memory - if change turn off, wait, then set new
    pub RELAY ( n -- )	relay C@ OVER relay C! <> IF %111 OUTSET 5 s relay C@ MASK OUTCLR THEN ;

pub RELAY		%111 OUTSET MASK OUTCLR ;
    pub ?DNSTAIRS		PEAK? MINS@ 0 19 WITHIN AND IF *DNSTAIRS RELAY THEN ;
    pub ?UPSTAIRS		PEAK? MINS@ 20 39 WITHIN AND IF *UPSTAIRS RELAY THEN ;
    pub ?SHOP		PEAK? MINS@ 40 59 WITHIN AND IF *SHOP RELAY THEN ;
    pub ?OFF		PEAK? NOT IF %111 OUTSET THEN ;

--- HVAC will be polled every minute
    pub HVAC 		 60000 hvactmr ALARM: ?DNSTAIRS ?UPSTAIRS ?SHOP ?OFF ;

• @ErNa - ok, I see I must have moved something around and forgotten about it but it's fixed now. I've trimmed EASYNET and it should compile fine provided you do a RECLAIM before you load it but I will have to see what else I can do to free up some memory.
    5168: EASYNET          WIZNET NETWORK SERVERS 180319.0000 
    4AD4: W5500            WIZNET W5500 driver 180319.1100 
    39E8: EASYFILE         SDHC card + FAT32 Virtual Memory File System V1.2 171024-0000 
    3218: TOOLS            DEV TOOLS 
    1980: EXTEND           Primary extensions to TACHYON V5 kernel  - 180915-1900

FREQ = 80.00MHZ
    *** INITS ***
    MOUNT 4028
    ifup 547E
    NO ROMS
    *** I2C ***
    $40 I/O
    $A0 EE/RTC
    $AE EE/RTC
    $DE RTC
    I/O =  31 :UHU~ 27 :~UUD 23 :~~~~ 19 :~~~~ 15 :U~UD 11 :UUUU 7 :UUUU 3 :DUDU
    INTERCOM: 

CODE:$54C2 = 21186 bytes 
    NAME:$57E2 = 7198 bytes 
    DATA:$78B3 = 931 bytes 
    FREE:      = 800 bytes 
     Data Stack (0)
    Mon, 01 Jan 2001 00:00:00 UTC 
    CARD: SU32G SD03.80 #2C59.C01F 2013/4 !C0FF.80C3 2,314us
    FAT: #6332.3935          PBJTAB1     FAT32   31,910,789,120 bytes (32kB clusters)

*** Tachyon Forth EASYNET Network Servers and EASYFILE File Server *** 

NETWORK STATUS:
    LINK *UP*
    HARDWARE: WIZnet W5500 V4
    SRC IP    &192.168.0.99
    MASK      &255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY   &192.168.0.1
    MAC       02.FF.C5.69.A3.0E.
    SKT HH:MM:SS MODE  PORT  DEST TXRD TXWR RXRD RXWR RXSZ  IR STATUS            IP ADDR
    #3   00:00:02 TCP  32797 46080 0000.0000.0000.0000.0000. 00 14 14              &0.0.0.0

* Servers running * 

• Peter,
    Thanks, The OFF word is perfect with one minor adjustment and that is I will change OUTSET to OUTCLEAR. The system is designed with NC relay contacts so in the event of a failure on the MCU side of things, the HVAC will function normally. This system, when active, will interrupt the COOL thermostat line (%011,%0101) when I wish a unit to not run.
    Hopefully will get the system tested today on the QS board. Next project will be completing my WX station which has languished in a drawer for several years. I will use SPI to read from AS4055 for wind direction, Counters in detect mode for the rain gage and wind velocity. The Parallax Altimeter module for barometric pressure and eventually one of the newer Senseron chips for temp and RH.
    Jim