Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
C64 Datasette emulator with the Propeller - Page 5 — Parallax Forums

C64 Datasette emulator with the Propeller

1235»

Comments

• BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2009-04-22 15:21
    If you can disassemble it, please post the code...

I'm not a 6510 expert but I know the basics and the "Threshold" is supposedly 321 clock cycles, maybe we could just search for it... wink.gif

Trilogic overview,
    Threshold: 0x0141 (321) clock cycles (TAP value: 0x28)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
    edited 2009-04-24 04:17
    Howdy...

I realized the 95% of my collection of games are either .D64 or .T64 files so those are the two file formats I'm looking into supporting besides .TAP and .PRG.
    However I don't know how to implement support for these two in the actual spin code.
    So in stead I want my Menu maker to support these by exporting .PRG files from .D64 and .T64 files.
    The .T64 format is already implemented in my Menu Maker and I'm going to look into .D64 files over the weekend...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.

/Bamse
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,178
    edited 2009-05-14 23:18
    Any progress Bamse ?
    I havn't even been thinking about this project for the last month or soo..

Tomorrow i'm going to bring this project with me to a retro gaming gathering here in Gothenburg Sweden.
    I am also going to bring some friends of mine... namely...

Two C64 with MMC64 and MMC Replay
    Two Amiga 500 with loads of disks
    One Amiga 1200 with 18Mb of RAM, 68060 CPU @ 50Mhz, 4GB compact flash harddrive (Quake anyone?)
    One Amiga 2000 with SCSI harddrive
    One Atari STe (don't ask me why :P )
    Plus a lot of old consoles and stuff

I'm such a retro nerd [noparse];)[/noparse]

Are you alive oldbit ?
    edited 2009-05-16 14:37
    The Datasette is nearing completion...

It now has a Java GUI that will allow you to make the menu and extract .PRG files from D64 and T64 files.
    Basically you create a bunch of menus, and put your files under the menus...

Just been too busy having fun... wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse
    801 x 601 - 57K
  • gizmomelbgizmomelb Posts: 2
    edited 2010-04-26 00:34
    Hi Bamse, Ahle2, Oldbitcollector.

I found this project from a google search and I think it's wonderful! I was wondering has any further progress been made in the 11 months since the last posting please?
    edited 2010-04-26 18:16
    No, there hasn't been any progress for the last 11 months.
    As far as I can remember it should work flawless with all Tap V2 files.
    Do you have any suggestion for further development?
  • gizmomelbgizmomelb Posts: 2
    edited 2010-05-06 02:37
    Hi Ahle2,

thanks for the reply.

No, unfrotuantely I don't even have a propeller dev kit as yet. I was hoping there'd been more progress made as it would be an reason to buy one then.
    edited 2010-05-06 17:27
    Okey, but any suggestions are welcomed.

Maybe SIDcog is reason enough to start tweaking around with the prop?
    SIDcog thread