Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
STOP PRESS!!! my next app, is A MUST SEE!!!, be prepared, you NEED a proto/demo - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

STOP PRESS!!! my next app, is A MUST SEE!!!, be prepared, you NEED a proto/demo

13»

Comments

• BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-06-12 07:33
    cocokiwi
    looks interesting, what are you going to do with it?
  • cocokiwicocokiwi Posts: 75
    edited 2007-06-13 04:20
    Baggers said...
    cocokiwi
    looks interesting, what are you going to do with it?
    ·WELL! whatever comes over me(grin) once it works!I still have to do the I/O wiring,the Lower strip above the DB has 1k SNB resistors wired across the pins for 3.3v to 5v protection,they fit well,··The Pchip gets it,s Data from the dual USB,but the BS-2 just blinks at me! the two led, Rx and Tx blink and ECHO data

·the ATN line gives a sharp pulse I don,t get a recognition connect to the Stamp·programmer!·I used the development board transistor setup/ connect linking the USB....

·debug gives me an Echo back so data is getting to the chip and back..the ATN drive is PNP as written,·I cannot use the analyser as there is NO driver for VISTA 64bit and XP got left in the dark when I had to reinstall VISTA after MS screwed it up!(grin)maybe the line is too long from the Rs232 DTR to the cap ,around 2.5",and 1" to the PNP,picking us noise ?,the other one works fine and it is only .5" to the cap and the NPN,that is all thats left as it is wired right!scratching headsmhair.gif Going to try to move·that PNP·and see!

On the board to the right one can program Servos and an LCD,convert via the two Coprocessor's A/d and control servos and other things looks like a BS-2 pe,
    The other BS-2 hooked up to sensors and·could be linked via the Pchip to it also so all data could be crunched by the Pchip and displayed via VGA.

Just a thought! a programmer I,m not YET!

Cheers Dennis

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://people.delphiforums.com/cocokiwi/Image/picture.jpg
    edited 2007-06-13 08:21
    lol [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Don't know about the noise, but i can vouch for MS screwing it up lol
    it seems 90% of apps and drivers don't work in Vista [noparse]:([/noparse]

Cheers,
    Baggers.
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-06-13 15:10
    Pyrofer said...

My display will probably be a nokia 6100 spi LCD, so ill be knocking the gfx data out over SPI. Any suggestions on the smallest and most basic Prop setup to get it working?
    Get a protoboard, ac adapter for· the board, a prop plug(programmer) 10uf cap, 0.1uf cap 200-1k ohm resistor (for audio out), 270 ohm, 560 ohm, 1.1k ohm resistors(for video out), and an sd card slot. Also the Hydra book has lots of good info and code in it as well.

So when will we get the prop version of the 1541-III? J/k smile.gif
    edited 2007-06-13 15:17
    lol, yeah would be nice to have a C64 emu, especially now that we could do A C64 Display, wonder if we could fit a 6502 emu in a cog? as I'm sure Spin emu would probably be too slow for a 1Mhz 6502? correct me if I'm wrong someone.
    We already have SD for file access [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • cocokiwicocokiwi Posts: 75
    edited 2007-06-14 06:19
    Baggers said...
    lol [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Don't know about the noise, but i can vouch for MS screwing it up lol
    it seems 90% of apps and drivers don't work in Vista [noparse]:([/noparse]

Cheers,
    Baggers.
    ·Na! the Rs232 device I use is a DUAL one with ONE USB INPUT, One is the Pchip, the other the BS-2 px..

·the Prop part works fine, the bs-2 ...?? the echo back works as is loopback...Hmmm ... well! that did not work either different npn and rewire!

·weird! T prop is fine!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://people.delphiforums.com/cocokiwi/Image/picture.jpg
    edited 2007-06-14 08:10
    shoulda used two props [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • PyroferPyrofer Posts: 3
    edited 2007-06-14 18:44
    I found a nice LCD you guys would love...

techtoys.com.hk/Components/FG020214/FG030210DNSWHG01.htm

Its cheap, 320x240 and uses 16bit parallel data with hsync/vsync and dotclock.
    You could probably turn the vga driver into running this easily.

I think a character mapped screen would take about 1.2k (+custom chars) and you could have a second cog make hardware sprites.
    Anybody fancy building their own handheld games console? Port some of the hydra games...

Anyway, thought id let you all see this.

I bought the smaller 128x160 lcd for myself as it has a built in ram buffer making it easier to drive.
  • Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2007-06-15 18:18
    Wow very nice. That's just the sort of thing I need for my Altoids tin portable. I wonder how fast the frame rate would be?