Shop Learn
Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2 Single Chip Computer (small stock and build to order) - Page 11 — Parallax Forums

Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2 Single Chip Computer (small stock and build to order)

15678911»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,840

@ChuckG said:

@Publison said:

@ChuckG said:
    Are there any more boards available in US? I would like to order 1 with flash and 1 without.

I have 2 left. Just what you want. One with Flash, One without.

RetroBlade2 without Flash USD $45 (including postage) each
    RetroBlade2 with Flash (8/16/32MB depending on my stock) USD $50 (including postage) each
    Payment to cluso -at- bluemagic -dot- biz (replace the -at- and -dot- and especially note the .biz)

Payment sent.
    Thanks

Thankyou. Publison will post to you.

• PublisonPublison Posts: 11,966

@ChuckG said:

@Publison said:

@ChuckG said:
    Are there any more boards available in US? I would like to order 1 with flash and 1 without.

I have 2 left. Just what you want. One with Flash, One without.

RetroBlade2 without Flash USD $45 (including postage) each
    RetroBlade2 with Flash (8/16/32MB depending on my stock) USD $50 (including postage) each
    Payment to cluso -at- bluemagic -dot- biz (replace the -at- and -dot- and especially note the .biz)

Payment sent.
    Thanks

Package sent. Will send tracking number.

• RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,466

Ray,
    Are you now sold out?
    Jim

edited 2021-03-23 04:13

Yes (sold out) for stock in the USA

• @Cluso99 said:

How about Europe?
    Still possible to get a board?

Yes, they are still available. IIRC I have stock at home (am interstate atm) -Australia. Shipping has become expensive to most countries - cannot post - now has to go via international courier post. Will be home tomorrow.

• PublisonPublison Posts: 11,966

I am willing to stock more in the US if Ray has good stock to send.

@Publison
    Thanks Jim. I will try and have some stock ready to ship to you with the next US order.
    Ray

Shameless plug.....
    A number have been asking for P2 boards that plug into breadboards. My board will do this.

• @aaaaaaaargh said:

@Cluso99 said:

How about Europe?
    Still possible to get a board?

@Cluso99 - how many boards do you think are needed in a single batch, destined for Europe, to make the shipping costs economically justifiable per board in current situation ?

The postal courier cost varies from about $25-$30 depending on country. This is without insurance but with tracking. Some countries are no-go as the postal system is not secure.
    This is for 500g so that would be for 10 boards. If the VGA is not required this saves 10g*10 so you would get at least 12 boards. I also include other connectors that have little weight but do add up. For 1kg it’s $40-$45.

There are also potential imports costs in some countries which can be severe too.

So it really depends on how much the buyer is prepared to spend on the shipping.

• Yeah, you are right.
    I did the basic math and it shows crystal clear that customs, taxes and postal services' costs are effectively denying us hobbysts access to the fine P2 boards that happen not to be mass produced and distributed worldwide or are manufactured outside "our economic zone". A real pity.

Your board in single quantity delivered to Poland and properly taxed would cost me ~80 USD and that is no small amount. If I buy a ten-pack then the price would drop to ~60 USD apiece but then what would I do with the remaining nine (or eight, if I keep the second one as a reference/spare one which I would probably do anyway) ?

Yes, our post office removed the $3 small 50g postage for thin 20mm parcels with the excuse that COVID and the receiving countries caused this, but we know it’s just an excuse - every country just wouldn’t do this at the same time. Meanwhile China still can ship real cheap. :(