Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

Comments

• Hey Ross
    Zoom is actually pretty good and usable on a mobile phone (in case thats an option)
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Thank you Eric Smith for the "Multi-language development with fastspin/flexgui" presentation, which is now open for registration by following the link in the first post in this thread.

Ken Gracey
    Sounds interesting. I'm signed up! And thanks for making this one at a more reasonable time for us east coast US people.

• RossH wrote: »
    Sadly, I will be unable to attend this presentation live. Our satellite internet connection is simply not up to the task. Today it is particularly slow - this happens periodically, and I have never discovered a good reason for it.

I will however try and review the presentation after the event.

Ross.

Sorry you can't make it Ross. Looks like you don't even have 3G coverage out that way, nestled in among the hills as you are, let alone 4G/5G. I'd say most of the problem with the satellite coverage will be to do with available bandwidth, and in the case of zoom it's important to have reliable upload speed. I exist with just 4G these days and as long as I can get 10Mbps upload speed I'm happy. I checked my speeds last night and they were 192/21 but that's about the best it gets where I am.

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,334
    Tubular wrote: »
    Hey Ross
    Zoom is actually pretty good and usable on a mobile phone (in case thats an option)

Sadly, we have no mobile reception here either. We really are out in the sticks!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,767
    edited 2020-06-17 13:54
    Can you just drive to Starbucks?

Maybe you'll get Starlink soon...
    I put in a presentation for next week. I don't think there will be many surprises for most of the people here because I haven't kept very many secrets and have posted code for almost everything I do...
    So, I don't see my part going for 1 hour, maybe 30 minutes at most. Maybe more time for discussion...
  • Rayman wrote: »
    I put in a presentation for next week. I don't think there will be many surprises for most of the people here because I haven't kept very many secrets and have posted code for almost everything I do...
    So, I don't see my part going for 1 hour, maybe 30 minutes at most. Maybe more time for discussion...

No rules here, just show your gizmos off no matter what they are. If you want to post any code on the first thread, put it here and I'll move a copy up top.

Ken Gracey
  • First post edited to add in Rayman's presentation! Looking forward to this one, as it's been 10+ years since I've seen his work live.

Ken Gracey
  • Sadly, we have no mobile reception here either. We really are out in the sticks!
    Time to put in a call to Elon Musk! :)
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    I have to admit: I have no glue, if Peters presentation has ended or will start? Zoom tells me it will start 5:00 AM, but I do not know if that's central european time ;-)
  • ErNa wrote: »
    I have to admit: I have no glue, if Peters presentation has ended or will start? Zoom tells me it will start 5:00 AM, but I do not know if that's central european time ;-)

June 17, 08:00 PM Pacific is June 18, 5:00AM in Germany.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    Thank, so I'm in time. Just have to wake up early ;-)
  • RossH wrote: »
    Tubular wrote: »
    Hey Ross

Sadly, we have no mobile reception here either. We really are out in the sticks!

Zoom has numbers for calling in. Of course, no slides.

Then there is Othernet.is The have an audio channel on their satellite broadcast. I don't think they are set up to book live events. But we can dream, right?
  • It starts at 12 AM for me and I have to be up for 6am but I will be there for an hour :)
  • I've been having a ton of Internet connection hassles but I'm set up around the back for a better signal and I want to share from my laptop but use my phone for the main camera. I've used the same zoom number but I don't know the password. Trying to register on the phone and it simply says thank-you for registering but doesn't link to zoom ~!@#$!
  • I just found the email....
  • If anybody has trouble logging in please e-mail me and I'll make sure you've got the right link kgracey@parallax.com

Also, Peter and Ray, I'll login in about 30 mins before the start if you want to get more familiar with Zoom.

Ken Gracey
  • rosco_pcrosco_pc Posts: 448
    edited 2020-06-18 02:56
    :( I have to cancel. Have a work related meeting at the same time I just found out. Ironically with an Australian company :)
  • Youtube up yet? My battery went out on my phone.
  • The video is posted in the first message of this thread. As they are released I will post them in the same place.

Ken Gracey
  • Thanks for posting the video. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the live meeting, but I've been watching it on youtube and really enjoying seeing what Peter and Ray did. It's very nice!
  • Reserved a spot to present TLC - Touch Logic Control

TLC is an interactive graphical programming language. Like the matrix you can't be told what TLC is'.. you have to see it for yourself..

I am adding a TAQOZ backend such that the visual program is emitted as forth for deployment to the propeller

A remoting client will be made available so that the programs emitted will run on your local P2 eval board during the presentation.

TLC is a new (unreleased) feature of the Virtual Breadboard Windows Store App (www.virtualbreadboard.com) and is to be used to program the upcoming BreadBoy enhanced Avatar interface for educational scenario's.

Just wanted to reserve the time slot for now. Will add a presentation 'trailer' page as the date gets' closer.
    Finally have a first draft of the slides done for next Wednesday...
    That was a lot of work (what was I thinking!)

Here's the outline side:
  • Raymond, your' going to need three hours! :)
  • Rayman wrote: »
    Finally have a first draft of the slides done for next Wednesday...
    That was a lot of work (what was I thinking!)

Here's the outline side:

Rayman, we have this scheduled at 8 am. I used the time you provided on the sign-up sheet - was that the intent, or do you really want 8 pm?

Ken Gracey
    Sorry, I did intend AM as this works for most in USA. But, maybe not ideal... I don’t know... if it’s just us two at least there will be a recording... and slides
  • James C. has proposed a presentation titled "Visual Programming with Touch Logic Control (TLC) and TAQOZ" for Wednesday, July 8th. TAQOZ are much more than a side dish!

When James confirms the time I'll get the Zoom link posted! I'm at kgracey@parallax.com

Ken Gracey
  • mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    @Rayman
    I'm planning to tune in at 0800 PDT Wed., so there'll be at least three of us!
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    James C. has proposed a presentation titled "Visual Programming with Touch Logic Control (TLC) and TAQOZ" for Wednesday, July 8th. TAQOZ are much more than a side dish!

When James confirms the time I'll get the Zoom link posted! I'm at kgracey@parallax.com

Ken Gracey

Build it and they will come.

Put it up and I'll be there.
  • New presentation has been added with registration on the first post!

Spin 2 Debug with Runtime Expression Reporting with Chip Gracey on July 15th!

Ken Gracey