Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The government wants you to register your drone. - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

The government wants you to register your drone.

12346»

Comments

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,275
    edited 2016-01-11 16:34
    @MikeDYur

The government wants you to register your drone
    MikeDYur wrote: »
    How about an explanation of why someone is apostrophe sensitive, and where the little bugger in question was, and how something as trivial as a punctuation mark, should require such drastic action as sensorship by administrator's.

Only a trivial thing, just a little tidy up, not censorship, didn't feel it was worth spending time on a long explain (longer than I gave), but apologies herein offered, and here goes what changed:

The government want's you to register your drone

became

The government wants you to register your drone

Moderators do like to keep the old place tidy you know. Sometimes we might be over enthusiastic - but it's all for the greater good. A bit of grammar and code fixing here and there; keep things more readable and enjoyable to the masses.

• That is a welcome edit. Every time I saw it.... there it was, outta place, painful. Much better now.
  • Sorry if I came on a little strong I am somewhat grammer, punctuation and spelling deficient, lack of formal education. Combine that with the normal typo's, and I could have a mess. So to get this strait, is it just the title of the thread that is critical or sensitive? I see mistakes here all the time.
  • Mike, we are going to let this thread die, as there is more recent, and now more pertinent thread:
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/163100/drone-registration-question

Thanks for bringing it up last year, it is important to all us quadcopter pilots.

• I understand, it is a controversial subject, you as an administrator had to deel with more than once.

_mike
  • altosackaltosack Posts: 132
    edited 2016-01-11 19:20
    Hi Mike, I really had no problem with the thread; I enjoyed reading it quite a few times. Unfortunately, I'm a bit grammar sensitive, and the title made me cringe each time I saw that misplaced apostrophe. It's a problem I'm working on; we all have them !

Oh, and "gross" referred to 144 comments at that time; that it had that many certainly says that people wanted to talk about it.

Hmmm.. I reread my comment and the "that just won't die" sounds like I wanted it to. In this case, it wouldn't die because there kept being more to be said. My words were just flippancy; I'll try to add emoticons or just be more straightforward in the future. Sorry about that.
  • BTW, don't sweat it. I much prefer content to form. :) I meant "better" just in the sense that it's easier, correct, etc... Not that it was an issue that was a real problem of any kind.

• @altosack, I am sorry I went off on you before I realized what was going on, had a restless night of sleep, no coffee in me yet, and what looked like a war of words about to erupt on my phone. I agree this thread is not going anywhere, and this is not the place to air out political views.

@potatohead, no offence was ever taken. Again I am sorry I interfered in the forums business.

@VonSzarvas, Thank you for the explanation, I was to quick to jump to conconclusions.

_mike
  • Kudos for eliminating the erroneous apostrophe in the title of this thread!! Haven't followed the thread so I don't know how it came about...but a big thanks to the individual who removed it!
  • No worries Mike, keep Propping!
  • @potatohead,
    I'm cool, rather chilli, turn up the heat!
  • The sky's are getting pretty crowded when the military orders fleet's of proven design's, you may not know you violated airspace above your own property.
    "U.N. aviation agency to call for global drone registry"
    The United Nations' aviation agency is backing the creation of a single global drone registry, as part of broader efforts to come up with common rules for flying and tracking unmanned aircraft.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-aviation-drones/u-n-aviation-agency-to-call-for-global-drone-registry-idUSKCN1BJ2CL