Quadrovers. The Final Chapter.

13»

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2013-07-12 13:57
    Great job Matt! Congrats Jim!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-07-12 16:41
    @Publison: Hi handsome! As I've always said, you're the smartest guy I've ever met... :)
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-07-12 17:17
    erco wrote: »
    @Publison: Hi handsome! As I've always said, you're the smartest guy I've ever met... :)

Nice try Pal!

You should have had your wife post that one. She is a better looker. :)

Guys and gals,

I will start a new thread when I get all the parts.

Bad news is I have one committed to either a local museum, (not total committed to a project), or a local tech high school that looks like it could be integrated into next year's curriculum.

Good news is, there may be one fully operation Quadrover left. It looks like one QR is missing the Control Board. I have one that I can use for that.

We will have to see what Parallax sends in the boxes. Maybe there will be some surprises? Like that extra QR that's sitting in Ken's office, or was it Matts' : :)
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-07-12 18:58
    Once you announce the "winner" who gets the Quadrover, and the "losers" form a lynch mob and start coming your way, that Hobby King job in Hong Kong might start looking pretty good!
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2013-07-12 19:25
    Congrats Publison! I'm excited to see what you come up with for uses.
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2013-07-13 04:40
    Matt,
    I'm far from unhappy with your choice. In fact, I am relieved to not have yet still more stuff piled on my already overflowing plate. :) So thank you for choosing Publison instead of me!

Roy
    edited 2013-07-30 14:01
    QuadRovers showed up today UPS Freight.

Quick inventory:

1) Looks like I got the prototype. Servos were used on the motor Forward/Reverse as opposed to the solenoid version in the released version.

2) New QR missing various valves, tubing, Control Board, Battery, Radio stuff, looks like some custom stuff missing. Bummer.

3) Lots of tires! Will post size later.

Will post pics later.

Jim
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2013-07-30 14:12
    Cool Jim! Have fun playing!
    edited 2013-07-30 15:47
    Whit wrote: »
    Cool Jim! Have fun playing!

We will overcome! :)

Jim
  • localrogerlocalroger Posts: 3,451
    edited 2013-07-30 16:11
    I can't believe I missed this thread when it popped on the 11th.

Publison, in my own case I would like to mention that (1) I work for a company that uses hydraulic supplies and through them I have access to both parts and expertise to fix something that might look too incomplete to save, (2) said company can accept motor freight shipments for me, and (3) for years (to be precise, the length of time since I first saw the quadrover in the Parallax online catalog)I have dreamed of building an automatic lawnmower that doesn't chuckle weakly and die when confronted with a southern Louisiana lawn.

Good luck sorting it all out.
  • John BoardJohn Board Posts: 371
    edited 2013-07-30 16:30
    G'day,

So, just trying to get this straight... All I have to do is pay for postage of a quadrover, and Parallax would send me one...? This seems too good to be true... Or do I have to buy a whole pallet of them.

At any rate, what kind of price would we be looking at, and how many QRs would we have to ship? Could we ship just the one, or would we have to ship tons of them. And if we had to ship tons of them, how many would we have to ship?

Thanks,

John
    edited 2013-07-30 16:43
    John Board wrote: »
    G'day,

So, just trying to get this straight... All I have to do is pay for postage of a quadrover, and Parallax would send me one...? This seems too good to be true... Or do I have to buy a whole pallet of them.

At any rate, what kind of price would we be looking at, and how many QRs would we have to ship? Could we ship just the one, or would we have to ship tons of them. And if we had to ship tons of them, how many would we have to ship?

Thanks,

John
    John,

I got the last two QR bodies that Parallax had in the corner, sight unseen. I thought there where more. There are no more and the two that I got are not brand new, in working condition. They need some work and parts.

I will be posting some pics as I go through them. There will also be A LOT of tires for sale. :)

Jim
  • John BoardJohn Board Posts: 371
    edited 2013-07-30 16:59
    Darnit, should have checked the thread date! Oh well, better luck next time :smile:
    Publison wrote: »
    John,

I got the last two QR bodies that Parallax had in the corner, sight unseen. I thought there where more. There are no more and the two that I got are not brand new, in working condition. They need some work and parts.

I will be posting some pics as I go through them. There will also be A LOT of tires for sale. :)

Jim
    edited 2013-07-30 17:11
    John Board wrote: »
    Darnit, should have checked the thread date! Oh well, better luck next time :smile:

I shudder to think what the shipping would have been to OZ. Shipping for 3000 mile was enough for a month's rent .
    :)