Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bragging Rights!!! The Wire Bending CNC and the Patent Application - Page 7 — Parallax Forums

Bragging Rights!!! The Wire Bending CNC and the Patent Application

123457»

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2013-05-06 09:48
    Gald to hear you're back in the fray, idbruce. Among your many "to do" projects, don't forget to have some fun trying that figure 8 challenge with a robot of your choice...

At one point, I thought we had you: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/138125-Erco-s-Figure-Eight-Challenge?p=1078606&viewfull=1#post1078606
  • idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2013-05-06 13:58
    Erco

I have thought about that challenge many times since the reading it, however the foremost challenge for me at this time is to get some steady revenue rolling in. Hopefully the new website will help.

Bruce
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-05-06 14:43
    Wow, I can not believe Ideal did not jump on those. You may end up seeing a modified version on the market. That's the way the "Big Guys" like to do it since they think their lawyers can handle any lawsuits. Perfect example, Robert Kearns. Good luck in getting them on the market. I can attest that they work great and have saved me a lot of time.
    edited 2013-05-06 15:54
    Wow, I can not believe Ideal did not jump on those.

I think they really liked the idea, but I also think they got tired of me pressing them for a decision. I couldn't help but apply pressure, because they really drag their feet in evaluating new products and patents. I would not wish my last year +, on any inventor. Quite a few high and lows during that time, and it wore me out.

Anyhow, I am glad you liked them.

Bruce
  • Don MDon M Posts: 1,647
    edited 2013-05-06 16:07
    Do you suppose it was a ploy on their part to "keep your patent occupied" in essence keeping it off the market for others to see while they devise a plan of their own? Did you give them exclusivity so that you couldn't market it to others while they are evaluating?

Just curious....
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-05-06 16:44
    Bruce. Good to see you back!

Jim
    edited 2013-05-06 18:17
    @Don M
    Did you give them exclusivity so that you couldn't market it to others while they are evaluating?

I can't real say that it was "exclusive", because my portion of the patent has an actual price tag and it is for sale, but I was not seeking out other companies, mostly out of courtesy and because I think they were the company that I wanted to end up with, just in case it would have become a licensing agreement, instead of an assignment.

The delay could have been a ploy, while they experimented with different ideas to circumvent the patent, but I think the claims cover the idea pretty thoroughly. I left an open door, just in case they change their mind before I actually make a move.

@Jim

I am not back yet, just visiting and providng an update. When I finally get some cash rolling in, I plan to start manufacturing my linear actuators and experimenting with building 3D printing machines and my pcb drillers, and then I will be back on a regular basis again.