Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax USB driver installation error $80000000 — Parallax Forums

Parallax USB driver installation error $80000000

WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 9
edited 2012-09-03 13:58 in Accessories
I got an error $80000000 message while installing the USB driver that comes with propscope103.exe. I am using a Dell Latitude E6400 with a new installed windows 7 ultimate.
In the attachment you can find a screenshot. I also tried it with windows xp on the same computer with the same results.

Does anyone know what error $80000000 means?

Before I got the Prop Scope I used the Propeller Tool 1.2.6 with the Prop Plug and the Prop Stick USB without problems for months on the same windows 7 system. Also I tried the ViewPort debugger with the Prop Plug and popeller proto board and Prop Stick USB some weeks ago. It was great! So I bought the PropScope.

What I now have is the following:
I installed the USB driver that comes with Propeller Tool 1.2.6. When I now plug in my prop plug, an USB serial port is established (see prop plug.gif). This fails when I plug in the prop scope (see prop scope.gif). I don't understand this, because they all use the same USB interface schematic.

Does that mean that the Prop Scope itself makes the problems?

Post Edited (Wolfgang) : 12/26/2009 9:46:55 AM GMT
764 x 469 - 101K
600 x 276 - 40K
601 x 277 - 40K

Comments

• tdlivingstdlivings Posts: 437
    edited 2009-12-26 03:11
    When I was trying propscope on my Windows 7 computer I installed propeller tool 1.27 the
    version recomended for having propscope on the same computer. I then installed the propscope
    software. Everything installed without a complaint but when I ran the propscope software Windows
    7 would not use the usb driver. I assumed that meant a Windows 7 version of the usb driver would
    be needed and will show up down the road and went back to using my Xp machine with propscope.
    ·
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2009-12-26 15:44
    @all

I am using Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). Here is what I found:
    -Installed Propeller Tool 1.2.7 with it's USB drivers. It talked to the Demo Board just fine.
    -Installed ViewPort 4.2.5. Worked fine with Demo Board.
    -Installed 12Blocks 1.0.9. Worked fine with Demo Board.
    -Installed PropScope software 1.0.3 with the USB driver that came with that package. PropScope runs fine.

At this point Viewport and 12Blocks could not find the Propeller, but the PropTool worked just fine.

I had to go back to ViewPort's Configuration>>Ports Preferences and right click on the Demo Board port and include it. This solved 12Block's problem also.

Now everyone is playing on the Windows 7 platform.

My conclusion is that the USB driver that comes with PropScope software 1.0.3 works fine on the Windows 7 platform.

Jim
  • bastardbastard Posts: 9
    edited 2010-01-08 08:21
    Hi there,

I received my Propscope yesterday and I have the same error - but within Windows XP.

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-08 21:26
    Should I wait here for a solution or are there other ways to go?

Stefan
  • HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-01-09 09:06
    Hi,
    I apologize for the problem. I'll work with Jeff from Parallax to resolve this asap. Thanks Jim for the feedback.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Co-author of the official Propeller Guide- available at Amazon
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    12Blocks, the block-based programming environment (thread here)
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 755
    edited 2010-01-11 14:39
    Hi Wolfgang,
    Wolfgang said...
    I got an error $80000000 message while installing the USB driver that comes with propscope103.exe. I am using a Dell Latitude E6400 with a new installed windows 7 ultimate.

Does anyone know what error $80000000 means?
    The $80 in Error Code $80000000 means that the driver installation failed at some point.· The first $00 (following the $80) indicates the number of driver packages ready to install (during the installation process).· The final pairs of digits indicate status of other stages of the install; 00's in this case indicate no drivers were installed at all.

I'm not sure what caused this, and I tested in WinXP (32/64), Win Vista (32/64) and Win7 (32/64) and experienced no problems.

The real odd thing is that the first $00 indicates there are no driver packages ready to install.· Since the Parallax USB Driver Installer checks for packages before it ever gets to this point, if there really weren't driver packages included, we should have seen that presented as an error before this point.· That being said, the $00 (which is coming from the low-level installer process) tells me that it can't find the driver packages for some reason.

Please perform a test for me:
    1. Run the installer again.
    2. At the point where the error occurs, leave the dialog boxes open (i.e.: don't close the error message or the driver installer process).· THIS IS CRITICAL; if you close any installer window at that point, the rest of this test will be inconclusive).
    3. Open up Windows Explorer (In Win7: right-click Start button and select "Open Windows Explorer"; in WinXP: right-click Start button and select Explore).
    4. Navigate to your Local Application Data folder (in Win7: It's under Desktop and is the path: <your_user_name>\AppData\Local\; in WinXP: It's in the path: Documents and Settings\<your_user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data).
    5. See if the Parallax\Driver Installer folder path exists there (i.e: on Win7: <your_user_name>\AppData\Local\Parallax\Driver Installer;·on WinXP: Documents and Settings\<your_user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Parallax\Driver Installer).
    6. If the Parallax\Driver Installer folder path exists there, select the Driver Installer folder (in the Folders Pane; left pane of Windows Explorer) so that the right pane shows you its contents.
    7. Please tell me (or screen shot) the contents of that folder and any subfolders that may be present.
    8. After that, you can close explorer and close the error window and driver installer window.
    Wolfgang said...
    What I now have is the following:
    I installed the USB driver that comes with Propeller Tool 1.2.6. When I now plug in my prop plug, an USB serial port is established (see prop plug.gif). This fails when I plug in the prop scope (see prop scope.gif). I don't understand this, because they all use the same USB interface schematic.

Does that mean that the Prop Scope itself makes the problems?<!-- Edit -->
    No.· The Prop Scope has a unique product ID (different than that of the current Prop Plug product) and requires a different USB driver than the Prop Scope.· This version of the driver was released starting with the Propeller Tool v1.2.7 and PropScope software.

NOTE: I don't know if you've tried it yet or not, but running the Propeller Tool v1.2.7 installer using the default options will install the updated USB drivers also, and I suspect will give you the same error you're experiencing... but it would be a good test to try if you have time.· It won't cause problems to run v1.2.7 without the latest drivers (ie: after installation, even if the USB driver install fails, you can use v1.2.7 with the currently installed drivers that came from Propeller Tool v1.2.6).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 14:45
    tdlivings said...
    When I was trying propscope on my Windows 7 computer I installed propeller tool 1.27 the
    version recomended for having propscope on the same computer. I then installed the propscope
    software. Everything installed without a complaint but when I ran the propscope software Windows
    7 would not use the usb driver. I assumed that meant a Windows 7 version of the usb driver would
    be needed and will show up down the road and went back to using my Xp machine with propscope.
    It should work in Win 7 (both 32 and 64-bit) just fine as my tests indicated.· It is possible, in rare cases, that you need to reboot first before the driver will function properly.· This seems silly, given how often this is not necessary with software these days on Windows computers, but I have seen a case where a driver install will only partially work until the system is cold booted.· In the case that I witnessed, Windows told me of the "possible reboot required" in the little device install balloon message on the system tray that we see during driver and device installation.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 14:48
    bastard said...
    Hi there,

I received my Propscope yesterday and I have the same error - but within Windows XP.

Stefan
    Please see, and please perform, the test (from two postings above this one) paying attention to the WinXP details.· With the results, I may be able to get to the bottom of this and solve it for you.
    bastard said...
    Should I wait here for a solution or are there other ways to go?
    We will address this issue in this thread first, and I will post a message here if any software update is made that intends to solve the problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 14:58
    Hi Jeff,

here we go:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer>dir
     Volume in Laufwerk C: hat keine Bezeichnung.
     Volumeseriennummer: A8B3-31BE

Verzeichnis von C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer

11.01.2010  15:53    <DIR>          .
    11.01.2010  15:53    <DIR>          ..
    02.11.2009  08:22               314 DPInst.xml
    13.07.2009  17:47           922.176 DPInst32.exe
    11.01.2010  15:53    <DIR>          Drivers
                   2 Datei(en)        922.490 Bytes
                   3 Verzeichnis(se), 336.073.166.848 Bytes frei

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer>dir Drivers

Verzeichnis von C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer\Drivers

26.10.2009  14:32            14.514 ftdibus.cat
    15.10.2009  08:30             6.391 ftdibus.inf
    26.10.2009  14:32            12.732 ftdiport.cat
    15.10.2009  08:31             8.588 ftdiport.inf
    11.01.2010  15:53    <DIR>          i386
                   4 Datei(en)         42.225 Bytes
                   3 Verzeichnis(se), 336.073.166.848 Bytes frei

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer>dir drivers\i386

Verzeichnis von C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer\drivers\i386

17.02.2009  09:22           120.136 ftbusui.dll
    17.02.2009  11:19            54.088 ftcserco.dll
    17.02.2009  09:23           206.144 ftd2xx.dll
    17.02.2009  11:19            57.672 ftdibus.sys
    17.02.2009  09:22           189.760 ftlang.dll
    17.02.2009  11:17            72.520 ftser2k.sys
    17.02.2009  11:20            51.528 ftserui2.dll
                   7 Datei(en)        751.848 Bytes
                   2 Verzeichnis(se), 336.073.166.848 Bytes frei

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer>

I hope, that helps.

Bye

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-11 15:39
    Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response and the details (that helps greatly).

I apologize for the problem.· If you can assist with further diagnosis also, I'd be most appreciative.·

My first thought is that a common attribute here is that both of you who reported a problem are in the German locale.· Am I right?· That may have something to do with it, but the file and folder structure appears correct.· All the file sizes and types are correct.· I had first thought that perhaps my file extraction routine was choking on an attribute of a different locale setting, but now that doesn't appear to be the case.

Please verify for me that you are running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.

What type of processor is this system?

Also, I've come up with a few more things to try.· Please do these in the order shown here AND STOP IF ANY OF THEM ARE SUCCESSFUL.· The order in which I've shown them here, and any details you can provide me about error messages, dialogs, success/failure, etc. will help me determine what the cause is.
    1. First try a more manual install to see if there are any additional indications of problems (explained below):
      1. Get the installer up to the point of the previous test (where those files/folder appear)
      2. While leaving the installer dialogs in their current state (doen't close them yet), simply run the DPInst32.exe program from that folder (C:\Dokumente·und·Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale·Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver·Installer) by double-clicking on it.·
        1. It should show you some kind of installation progress and perhaps another message that may lead us to the source of the problem.
    2. If that failed, try an·alternative to the manual install (explained below):
      1. Get the installer up to the point of the previous test (where those files/folder appear)
      2. Copy all those files and folders (exactly as they are) to a folder of your choice (in fact, you can create a folder for this purpose in another area of your hard drive).
      3. Run the DPInst32.exe program from that folder.·
        1. It should show you some kind of installation progress and perhaps another message that may lead us to the source of the problem.
    3. If that failed, try an additional alternative to the manual installation (explained below):
      1. In the folder that you copied the files to, make the following modifications:
        1. Copy the files/folders from within the Drivers subfolder up to the root (where the DPInst32.exe program is), then delete the Drivers subfolder.
        2. You should now have a folder consisting of DPInst.xml, DPInst32.exe, ftdibus.cat, ftdibus.inf, ftdiport.cat, and ftdiport.inf files and with a single subfolder, i386, which contains the same .dll and .sys files that it did originally.
      2. Now run the DPInst32.exe program from the root folder.·
    4. If that failed, here's one more possible solution (explained below):
      1. Using the files/folders of the last major step (3)...
        1. Edit the DPInst.xml file (you can use Notepad if you like, it's just a text file).
          1. Change the code in line, <language code="0x0409" />, to be: 0x0407.
          2. Save the file.
        2. Run the DPInst32.exe program from that folder.·
    5. If that failed, here's one final possible solution I'd like you to try (explained below):
      1. Using the files/folders of the last major step (4)...
        1. Delete the DPInst.xml file.

Hopefully, one of the above major steps will result in successful install of the Parallax USB Drivers.· (NOTE: That's just 1/2 of the steps that the Parallax USB Driver Installer performs... we'll cover the rest later should we find a method that works).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Jeff Martin (Parallax)) : 1/11/2010 3:46:27 PM GMT
    edited 2010-01-11 15:45
    Hi Jeff,
    Jeff said...
    Please verify for me that you are running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.

Yes it is.

For the rest - please wait until I'm at home and had dinner.

Bye

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-11 17:18
    Hi Jeff,
    Jeff said...
    My first thought is that a common attribute here is that both of you who reported a problem are in the German locale. Am I right?

Yes, it's a German Windows XP 32bit at a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
    Jeff said...
    1. First try a more manual install to see if there are any additional indications of problems (explained below):
    2. While leaving the installer dialogs in their current state (doen't close them yet), simply run the DPInst32.exe program from that folder (C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Parallax\Driver Installer) by double-clicking on it.

That brings an error window with "Die aktuelle Sprache wird vom Ger
    edited 2010-01-11 18:24
    Hi Stefan,

Wow... dinner was fast!

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Okay, as I suspected, it had to do with regional settings. I'm not sure what to do about it at the moment to make it more universal, but I'll explore that later... for now, let's try and get the problem solved for you and Wolfgang.

I'll think about this for a few more minutes and decide what to do next. I may need you to help me test one or two other things before we're done. I really appreciate your efforts and time to help solve this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 18:26
    Stefan,

Problem reading xml
    Component name:dso-lsa a image
    XML from (c:\programme\propscope\view\1Oscilloscope.XML:1):
    <image name="dso-lsa" color="ffff0000" color2="ff000000" font="Arial_8.25" bgnd="ffc8c8c8" size="800,600"> 
    Detail:
        Bad font: Arial_8.25

For this issue on the Propscope software... that appears to be something Hanno will have to tackle. I'll alert him to the issue.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 18:32
    Hi Stefan,
    Wow, all 3 of us awake at the same time- Germany, US and NZ!
    I apologize again for the problems you've been having. Looks like you've helped Jeff make progress on the USB issue. I don't understand why you would get a "bad font" exception- unless the "Arial" font were not installed on your system. Any insights? I doubt that it's a German locale issue- I've never seen this before.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
    edited 2010-01-11 18:44
    Hanno,

I suspect it may be that the font is not installed.· You may have to change the xml to specify Arial first followed by any number of other similar fonts and finally a font family: sans-serif as a failsafe.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 19:06
    Stefan,

Okay,· remember when I said a successful completion of one of the manual installs only performs 1/2 of what the Parallax USB Driver Installer performs?

You've done the first half - that was the custom Parallax USB Drivers and you should see them in your Add/Remove Programs listing (if you were to check) near the bottom labeled something like, "Windows Driver Package - Parallax Inc CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)".

Now for the second-half mixed in with a little more testing.

Attached is a small archive containing some new files.· These are what you now need·to install the pure FTDI drivers (used for all other USB-based Parallax products, currently).

Here's the steps:
    1. If you have used Parallax USB-based products before, and have the v2.04.16 FTDI drivers already installed on your system, perform these substeps to remove them:
      1. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, wait for the display to update, scroll down to the bottom and find, "Windows Driver Package - FTDI CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)"· (I have marked the critical text in red).
      2. If you have this installed, there are probably two of them that look exactly alike.· IMPORTANT: Make sure they are exactly as labeled above, namely, that they are version 2.04.16.· Any other versions of the same drivers are okay to leave on the system and do not need to be removed.
      3. If they are the version in question, select each of them (one at a time) and click the Change/Remove button and tell it to remove them.
    2. After performing step 1, whether or not there were drivers to remove, perform the second half of the manual install steps (explained below):
      1. Using the files/folders of the test·you did earlier (Step 4 from my post·a few above this post)...·
        1. Extract the files from the attached archive into the folder where you currently have the·DPInst.xml, DPInst32.exe, ftdibus.cat, etc. files.··
          1. Note that the archive contains a slightly different copy of DPInst.xml, ftdibus.cat, ftdibus.inf, ftdiport.cat, and ftdiport.inf.· They should be used to "replace" those that are currently in your folder.
          1. It should show you some kind of installation progress and perhaps a message of success.
    3. If it was successful, we're done... please tell me the results.
    4. If it failed, please do the following:
      1. Edit the DPInst.xml file.
        1. Insert a new line·below the "<dpinst>" line and above the "<!-- Install D2xx and VCP drivers..." line.
        2. Enter the following on that new line:· <language code="0x0407" />····· NOTE: There's a space after the trailing " and before the /.
        3. Save the file.
        1. It should show you some kind of installation progress and perhaps a message of success.
    5. If it was successful, we're done... please tell me the results.
    6. If it failed... please tell me the results.·

Thank you very much for your effort!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Jeff Martin (Parallax)) : 1/11/2010 7:26:31 PM GMT
    edited 2010-01-11 19:42
    Hi Jeff,
    Jeff said...
    you should see them in your Add/Remove Programs listing (if you were to check) near the bottom labeled something like, "Windows Driver Package - Parallax Inc CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)".

Yes there are two of them.
    Jeff said...
    perform these substeps to remove them:

removed both.
    Jeff said...
    1. Using the files/folders of the test you did earlier (Step 4 from my post a few above this post)...
    1. Extract the files from the attached archive into the folder where you currently have the DPInst.xml, DPInst32.exe, ftdibus.cat, etc. files.

This confuses me. There are DPInst32.exe and DPInst.xml in the top folder. Should I copy the .cat and .inf files to the Drivers folder where the old ones are? And what about the remaining files in the i386 foder? Keep or delete? I asumed to copy all the files over the old ones and keep the remaining files untouched.
    Jeff said...
    1. Note that the archive contains a slightly different copy of DPInst.xml, ftdibus.cat, ftdibus.inf, ftdiport.cat, and ftdiport.inf. They should be used to "replace" those that are currently in your folder.
    2. Run the DPInst32.exe program from that folder.

Success!

Bye

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-11 19:50
    Hi Hanno,
    Hanno said...
    I don't understand why you would get a "bad font" exception- unless the "Arial" font were not installed on your system. Any insights?

sure I have arial installed - the filenames are as follows: ariblk.ttf, arialbd.ttf, arialbi.ttf, ariali.ttf, arialn.ttf, arialnb.ttf, arialnbi.ttf, arialni.ttf, arlrdbd.ttf

Bye

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-11 20:01
    It works!

Got the missing font "arial.ttf" from a U.S. Windows XP (from a coworker) - now the Propscope works!

Bye

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-11 20:50
    Hi Stefan,
    bastard said...
    Jeff said...
    1. Using the files/folders of the test you did earlier (Step 4 from my post a few above this post)...
    1. Extract the files from the attached archive into the folder where you currently have the DPInst.xml, DPInst32.exe, ftdibus.cat, etc. files.

This confuses me. There are DPInst32.exe and DPInst.xml in the top folder. Should I copy the .cat and .inf files to the Drivers folder where the old ones are? And what about the remaining files in the i386 foder? Keep or delete? I asumed to copy all the files over the old ones and keep the remaining files untouched.
    I meant that the archive files should replace all the files of the same name in the root folder and the i386 subfolder (and it's files) should remain as they are currently...· so you should then have a folder consisting of the new DPInst.xml,·ftdibus.cat, ftdibus.inf, ftdiport.cat, and ftdiport.inf files, plus the·original DPInst32.exe file, and with a single subfolder, i386, which contains the same .dll and .sys files that it did originally.

·Based on your next response (below) It sounds like you got that figured out and it installed correctly?
    bastard said...
    Jeff said...
    1. Note that the archive contains a slightly different copy of DPInst.xml, ftdibus.cat, ftdibus.inf, ftdiport.cat, and ftdiport.inf. They should be used to "replace" those that are currently in your folder.
    2. Run the DPInst32.exe program from that folder.

Success!
    To verify, in your Add/Remove Programs listing, near the bottom,·are there now two items,
    • One labeled "Windows Driver Package - FTDI CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)", and
    • One labeled "Windows Driver Package - Parallax Inc CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)"?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Jeff Martin (Parallax)) : 1/11/2010 8:55:51 PM GMT
    edited 2010-01-11 21:02
    Hi Jeff,
    Jeff said...
    To verify, in your Add/Remove Programs listing, near the bottom, are there now two items,

* One labeled "Windows Driver Package - FTDI CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)", and
    * One labeled "Windows Driver Package - Parallax Inc CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)"?

Yes there are exactly this two packages.

Bye

Stefan
    edited 2010-01-11 21:19
    bastard said...
    Hi Jeff,

Yes there are exactly this two packages.
    Great!· Thank you, Stefan!

I'll update the installer and release it here.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-01-11 23:54
    Thanks Stefan for verifying that the font error was related to a missing "arial.ttf" on your system. It should have been installed with your OS- even the german version of XP... Any chance you deleted it?
    I've never had anyone report this problem before, so for now I've just made the error message easier to understand. If it becomes more widespread I'll do font substitution like Jeff suggested.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-01-12 15:33
    Stefan and Wolfgang,

Attached is an updated version of the Parallax USB Driver Installer (v2.04.16-R2).· This is based on the results of the testing that Stefan and I performed yesterday; it should solve the problem caused by installing on systems with different locale settings.

Stefan,

If you can spare the time...
    1. Please remove the current drivers (both the v2.04.16 of Parallax and the v2.04.16 of FTDI) from your system through the Add/Remove Programs listing.
    2. Run the attached program to reinstall them.
    Please let me know if it successfully installed so I have final confirmation that it works as expected.

Wolfgang,
    1. You may optionally·remove the current FTDI drivers from your system (both items that are named "Windows Driver Package - FTDI CDM Driver Package (02/17/2009 2.04.16)")·through the Add/Remove Programs listing.
    2. Run the attached program to reinstall them plus the Parallax drivers necessary for the PropScope.
    Please let me know if it successfully installed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 9
    edited 2010-01-12 17:09
    I verified that I had no remaining FTDI driver installations and executet Install-Parallax-USB-Drivers-v2.04.16-(R2).exe. The driver installation succeded and my prop scop works.

Thanks to all!

Wolfgang
  • tdlivingstdlivings Posts: 437
    edited 2010-01-12 19:19
    Attached is the sequence of getting Propscope to connect and work on my

Windows 7 computer. Short answer it did work but one of the copies of the usb

driver refused to uninstall and it took Jeff's new install to get it to work.

The first screen clip at the top is before I started anything, I forgot to say that

in the doc.

I hope the sequence provides some info to others.

Tom
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-01-12 19:45
    Thanks for posting this Tom. I'm·sure it will·help others. I guess I was lucky my install went so well on Windows 7, but it was a new, clean system install.

Jim
    tdlivings said...

Attached is the sequence of getting Propscope to connect and work on my

Windows 7 computer. Short answer it did work but one of the copies of the usb

driver refused to uninstall and it took Jeff's new install to get it to work.

The first screen clip at the top is before I started anything, I forgot to say that

in the doc.

I hope the sequence provides some info to others.

Tom

• LorenzoLorenzo Posts: 8
    edited 2010-01-15 03:17
    Hi, Im from M
    ftdi.bmp 528.1K
    edited 2010-01-15 14:46
    Lorenzo said...

Hi, Im from M