Shop Learn
Another prop industrial App - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Another prop industrial App

13»

Comments

• @Mickster said:
    Another one is when you're laying on the floor, almost breaking your neck and you need to get your DMM probes on to the chip pins. :#

This is me, too. And it is exactly why everything I make for myself has socketted discretes at the “real world” connections wherever possible.

Example: The most recent disaster here in Texas left us without power for 5 days. I have a 404 Perkins diesel pushing a MecceAlt 20kw head. A Prop2 serves as the run/start/stop and engine controller. On Day 2 it just quit. 18F air temperature. After a few minutes of futzing with it I suspected an opto on the tach sense. I pulled it out and snapped another one in. It took-off and ran non-stop for another 3 days.

I like socketted interfaces! (And I’m learning not to trust offshore components from Amazon!)

• Your board looks good, I see resistor arrays and many white opto's, just curious it looks like you doubled up on the eproms.

• MicksterMickster Posts: 1,863

I'm currently replacing this:

If any one of these I/Os fails, the entire module needs to be replaced and those wires are all screw terminated.

New "Tibbit" interface modules (plus external SSRs):

I wonder if I can sweet-talk @Cluso99 for a modified layout with two double-row headers. I have empty shells for custom modules and it would be really cool for the Prop-1 to be a plug-in module B)

• @Mickster said:

If any one of these I/Os fails, the entire module needs to be replaced and those wires are all screw terminated.

Do you see that light blue tab at the top of the terminal block? If you push down gently to unclip it, the whole terminal block then swings forward on a bottom pivot point.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,761

@Mickster said:
    I'm currently replacing this:

New "Tibbit" interface modules (plus external SSRs):

I wonder if I can sweet-talk @Cluso99 for a modified layout with two double-row headers. I have empty shells for custom modules and it would be really cool for the Prop-1 to be a plug-in module B)

How many do you want? And dimensions?

• MicksterMickster Posts: 1,863

@Cluso99

This is music to my...umm eyes. Very cool; I am totally committed to this format. I will contact you by email to discuss further :)

• I have been looking for industrial strength P1 modules and controllers for years - count me in...