Acrylic enclosures for P2 EVAL - Available now

1235»

Comments

• Cool! I am too. Ikea... some assembly gonna be required.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball! @opengeekorg ---> Be Excellent To One Another SKYPE = acuity_doug
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 2,974
    edited 2018-12-23 - 03:17:50
    Roy Eltham wrote: »
    potatohead, I have a "few" PPDBs. Snapped a couple up when they were deep discounted at end of life. I also have both of Mountain King's PPDB enclosures (the normal one and the one with room for the propscope under).
    I'll get you a pic later tonight, dealing with some xmas stuff right now.

lucky you. I have just one and LOVE it. Not that I use all of it components, mostly I build my own stuff on it for testing.

But it just looks cool. Honestly. And you have everything there for a short test what is going on in your program.

Since you mentioned "a few", would you be willing to part with one of them? You know just in case I make a bad mistake with mine?

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.
    A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.
    Press any key to continue, any other key to quit

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • Pictures of the PPDB + Propscope enclosure:
    IMG_20181222_203234.jpg
    IMG_20181222_203151.jpg

I'm not sure I would sell any of my PPDB's. I have multiple different things in progress at any given time, so I use a different one for each.
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 9,922
    edited 2018-12-26 - 23:39:20
    Those are nice Roy. If I were you, I would not sell. They are just great boards.

Maybe we can get a respin on them, or just another run as they were last made.

Just put my P2 enclosure together. Had to escape the little ones for a while, lol. Gonna fire it up before I get found.

Great job on this kit. It is Ace! Went together easily. Love it. Thank you.

Edit: I got the "could add fan" edition and I am glad I did. In the pictures, it looked too thick. But, when assembled and in hand, on desk, it is just fine. Thinner would have been less desirable to me. Nice when that happens.

I happen to have some fans that will fit right in, should doing that make sense.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball! @opengeekorg ---> Be Excellent To One Another SKYPE = acuity_doug
  • I was a bit late on ordering this enclosure, thanks for shipping between the holidays!

It went together awesome.

Maybe I can get the Parallax crew to sign it for me whenever we have the P2 Expo :smile:
  • I have received the enclosure - it truly is a work of art and functionality. Good job and thank you!

Mike

The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
  • @W9GFO

Are the newest enclosures for the second eval board available?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
    “You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
    And once when you look death in the face”
  • Oh wow! I had no idea these existed. Thanks Pilot0315 for bumping this up. I want one too. Overclockers version.
  • Yes, they will be available soon. I have been dragging my feet on this because I have been working on another project. The design is ready, I just need to spend some time with the laser cutter and getting things together to put up on etsy.

I will probably start a new thread for the new enclosures.
  • (-waves debit card!-)