Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I want a P2! And how are we going to get these to you? - Page 13 — Parallax Forums

I want a P2! And how are we going to get these to you?

Comments

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    If you want a YouTube live stream of the first attempt at programming a P2 on the evaluation board let us know.

Did you really need to ask? ;-)
    If you want a YouTube live stream of the first attempt at programming a P2 on the evaluation board let us know.

Ken Gracey

Yes please if it won't be too much of a distraction.

Thanks,
    CW

• We need to send you some test code, Ken.

It would be great to get VIO and GIO calibration data off one of these boards, ASAP, since that data can feed into other efforts.

It'd be good to take a temp reading at rated 180 MHz too, my prediction with that nice big surface area is 18 C above ambient
  • @Ken Gracey

Re: If you want a YouTube live stream of the first attempt at programming a P2 on the evaluation board let us know.

That would be great :smile:
  • Tubular wrote: »
    We need to send you some test code, Ken.

It would be great to get VIO and GIO calibration data off one of these boards, ASAP, since that data can feed into other efforts.

It'd be good to take a temp reading at rated 180 MHz too, my prediction with that nice big surface area is 18 C above ambient

Send anything over and we will load it up and report back.

Ken Gracey
  • Yes please on the YouTube stream!
  • David Betz wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

Ken Gracey
    Of course we do! :smile:

Yes please live stream it. : ]
    I'll be watching.
  • OK, I'll see what we can do for live streaming.

Ken Gracey
  • At 10:00 am Pacific time, Thursday morning, I'll post an on-line ordering link on this thread so everybody can get a board reserved.

Ken Gracey
    At 10:00 am Pacific time, Thursday morning, I'll post an on-line ordering link on this thread so everybody can get a board reserved.

Ken Gracey
    Did I hear Chip mention that the price is going to be $150?

• Yes, $150.0000000 as he said.

KG
    Yes, $150.0000000 as he said.

KG
    I'm not sure I can afford all of those extra zeros!

• David Betz wrote: »
    Yes, $150.0000000 as he said.

KG
    I'm not sure I can afford all of those extra zeros!

Well, we had to make an important business decision this time. It was either "$150.0000000" - a nice clean price with lots of zeros, or I was going to get pointy-headed and try to recoup all P2 investment over these next 100 boards, in which case we would charge about $58,000 per unit. That didn't seem too sensible, but adding all the zeros to the $150 makes us feel like we're getting somewhere.

Ken Gracey

• Ken,
    It's a very precise price. ;)

Well, we had to make an important business decision this time. It was either "$150.0000000" - a nice clean price with lots of zeros, or I was going to get pointy-headed and try to recoup all P2 investment over these next 100 boards, in which case we would charge about $58,000 per unit. That didn't seem too sensible, but adding all the zeros to the $150 makes us feel like we're getting somewhere.

Ken Gracey

I think I will try this technique with my paycheck to see if it makes me feel any better...on second thought I would then have to do the same with the taxes deducted from it and that would be depressing. :)

• I'd challenge any other company to develop a microcontroller this capable for $58,000 * 100! I don't think there would be many takers.
  • I think when you put the unit up for sale you include options for the case.

I know the cases can't be made as fast as the pick and place machine can but tidies things up.

Mike
  • Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,347
    edited 2018-11-29 15:30
    I'd challenge any other company to develop a microcontroller this capable for $58,000 * 100! I don't think there would be many takers.

marsman2020, please send me a check for $5.8 Million, and I will accept your challenge. :)
  • Damn! That's for real? Love to have one but $150 is out of my price range ... I'll wait for the official release first. :cool:
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-11-29 16:00
    Damn! That's for real? Love to have one but $150 is out of my price range ... I'll wait for the official release first. :cool:
    You may be confused.
    $150.00 is for the evaluation board with the chip installed, not just the chip.
  • Dave Hein wrote: »
    marsman2020, please send me a check for $5.8 Million, and I will accept your challenge. :)

IMHO, it depends how old you are, your actual life spectations, and a bit of luck...

How much does will cost, for your customer to get an insurance police, in order to warraty the stimated ~13 year-long process will not be suddenly disrupted, at any point, by you being forcefully invited to take a sudden, non-return trip, to the inner side of the event horizon, of some final black hole? :smile:
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,767
    edited 2018-11-29 18:01
    At 10:00 am Pacific time, Thursday morning, I'll post an on-line ordering link on this thread so everybody can get a board reserved.

Ken Gracey

I've got my credit card out... Waiting anxiously...

Wait.. Is it today or next week?
  • Rayman wrote: »

Ken Gracey

I've got my credit card out... Waiting anxiously...

Wait.. Is it today or next week?

I interpreted it as this week, today, right now. I, too, am waiting anxiously.
  • We need to get Ken a new watch!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,767
    Definitely not 10:00.000000 am :)
  • octettaoctetta Posts: 123
    edited 2018-11-29 18:08
    Rayman wrote: »
    Definitely not 10:00.000000 am :)
    Much needed funny break from my obsessive browser refresh finger behavior!

• Desperately....holding...it .... together....

Shaky_Silvester.gif
    400 x 328 - 360K
  • HAHAHA I am just here for Ken!
  • Looks like it is already listed in the New Products area.
    j