Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Possible P2 Logos - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

Possible P2 Logos

Comments

• David Betz wrote: »
    How about XYZZY?

Isn't that an LGBTIQ group?
    It's a magic word in the old Colossal Cave original text adventure game.
    David Betz wrote: »
    How about XYZZY?

Isn't that an LGBTIQ group?
    It's a magic word in the old Colossal Cave original text adventure game.

It was a chromosomal quip. XX is female, XY is male. So is it a boy band? Is it a girl group? No, XYZZY must be...... :)
    nuff said.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    edited 2018-08-02 12:52
    I don't know. Maybe we should investigate rapper-style names.

Electro-G
    PropaCoppaBing
    Parallax Syntax
    SeaAitchEyePee
    Chip-P
    C.P. Capone
    Kapper Kirk
    Chip Strip
    Capper Captain
    CooloParallax
    Spots Capone
    Da Real Chip
    Chipormous P
    Chip Ship
    Chipastic C P
    Chipa Chipa P.
    PeeAyAreAyElElAyEx
    Kirk Work
    Inspectah 'Lax
    Captain Clapton
    Parallax Tax
    Capone Stone
    Tots-Fast
    Chipulous P

https://www.name-generator.org.uk/rapper/
  • oh the classics...

Chip chipiney, chip chipiney, chip chip cher-ee
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,198
    edited 2018-08-02 13:43
    HYDRA RAD: Radical Advanced Design 8 core

• T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,198
    edited 2018-08-02 13:46
    Parallax doesn’t evoke a feeling for me. Something like Hydra conjures imagery. Of course that’s different for everyone. I think you need a name for the new “series” + variant ie Hydra P2 other some similar. I’d view the Propeller as an earlier series. The New chip as a new advanced NEW series. Not a logical follow up to P1 per se

Parallax (The company)
    Series
    Variant
    Tag line
    How about XYZZY?
    Ah, Adventure!
    And an Easter Egg on DG AOS (and AOS/VS) systems: entering XYZZY at a command interpreter prompt ")":
    ) XYZZY
    Nothing happens.
  • VonSzarvas wrote: »
    oh the classics...

Chip chipiney, chip chipiney, chip chip cher-ee

Chippy Chippy Bang Bang?
  • T Chap wrote: »
    Hydra P2
    Won't that be a board that Andre' LaMothe designs as a successor to the Hydra that uses a P1 chip? We all need to encourage him to create the Hydra2!

• I am speaking more about the concept. It could be many names that have the same effect. But hydra is great because it’s a multi headed beast!
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    T Chap wrote: »
    I think the Phantom Eight Core is appropriate.

Phantom 832

Phantom P2

Good idea. There's even an old country song (Phantom 409 IIRC) that could be modified to use as a jingle for the video.
  • How about Elusive P2! Or Unicorn
  • Just brainstorming: Chariot, PropSmart, JetSon, Exodus, Maxwell, Walnut, PropUP, enSPIRE, Synergee, MakeStuff, BringForth, GoForth, SpringForth, Conception, BearFruit, ConQuest, DeleGator, iMajin, IdeaEngine, DoHickory, shakeWell, WorkSmart, rEVOLUTION, reVOLT, MessKit, ramPage, OKSignal, WindGust, Propagator, Brimstone, HolyGrail, IdeaPlow, SpinDrum, IdeaLoom, WishLoom, WishWeaver, dullROAR, CobbleStone, MotionBlur, IdeaBridge, Handiwork, MorningGlory and BrainStorm
  • I don't let my preferences stop me from thinking and exploring. I prefer a steak but I don't mind exploring new foods, and aren't we glad of that. Some people prefer rice and that is all they ever eat :)

This thread is about exploring, putting our dishes out on the buffet table so that we can try and compare etc. In the end it won't be about our preferences, it will be about which is best.
    OK, let me rephrase my comment. I think the original logo is the best.

However, if we are going to pursue food analogies, then how about this? :wink:

1516 x 1336 - 364K
  • How about "Parallax Meringue" since it "whips up your data with an eggbeater". The logo could be based on this image.
    1260 x 630 - 71K
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    How about Elusive P2! Or Unicorn

And have the Irish Rovers do the theme song for the launch ;-)
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2018-08-02 17:57
    We might say P2Fire. But, uncomfortable connotations. Chip in Red Bluff lives too close to the Carr Fire just 31 miles north outside Redding. Chip, is the smoke bad where you are? P2Caliente?

Also, "Fire" is too close to "Hot", and we don't want that!. Maybe P2WayCool.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,900
    edited 2018-08-02 18:54
    As a chemical formula, it would be C8H (8 cogs and 1 Hub).
    Turns out this is called octatetranyl...
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    Parallax doesn’t evoke a feeling for me. Something like Hydra conjures imagery.

Google finds
    "Hydra is a fictional terrorist organization appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics."

- looks like it's already taken, and with not the best connotations, and by someone keen to defend US copyrights....
  • Hydra is a classic fictional beast with multiple heads. Seen in numerous movies.

Hydra generally refers to: Lernaean Hydra, a many-headed serpent in Greek mythology. Hydra (genus), a genus of simple freshwater animals belonging to the phylum Cnidaria.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,900
    Orochi is legendary Japanese dragon with 8 heads...
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    We might say P2Fire. But, uncomfortable connotations. Chip in Red Bluff lives too close to the Carr Fire just 31 miles north outside Redding. Chip, is the smoke bad where you are? P2Caliente?

For the last few days, the sky has been getting clearer. There was so much ash in the air a few days ago that you couldn't even tell what part of the sky the sun was in. Ash has been settling on to everything outside, just a wispy coating.
  • Quickalur - 0 hits on exact search.

Qui = who?
    c = cpu / controller
    k = clocking, RC slow / fast
    alu = alu
    r = ram / registers
  • cgracey wrote: »

For the last few days, the sky has been getting clearer. There was so much ash in the air a few days ago that you couldn't even tell what part of the sky the sun was in. Ash has been settling on to everything outside, just a wispy coating.

In that case, it should be the Propeller Phoenix .
    phoenix-orange-md.png
  • Propeller Phoenix - Ancient legend paints a picture of a magical bird, radiant and shimmering, which lives for several hundred years before it dies by bursting into flames. It is then reborn from the ashes, to start a new, long life. So powerful is the symbolism that it is a motif and image that is still used commonly today in popular culture and folklore.
  • whickerwhicker Posts: 749
    edited 2018-08-03 02:31
    Propeller Corduroy

I still don't know why you don't just call it the Parallax Turbine and be done with it.
    ...Nevermind this is hard, Warner Bros would sue.

But the registration for Turbicon looks like it was cancelled, and nobody relevant took Turbocon.
  • Chip,
    Grand Master Prop!
    Propmau5
    Super Parallax Prop 2 Turbo Alpha
    The Legend of Prop 2: A link to the past
    Deluxe Prop 2
    Close Encounters of the Prop 2nd Kind
  • Since this thread is wandering a bit, I would like to suggest the perfect name.... Turboencabulator
  • But that only has 6 hydrocoptic marzel vanes.