Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Possible P2 Logos - Page 5 — Parallax Forums

Possible P2 Logos

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    We need a word that has existed, but nobody remembers until we use it.
  • Overcloct
  • cgracey wrote: »

pneumonoul­tramicrosc­opicsilico­volcanocon­iosis
  • Luis DigitalLuis Digital Posts: 371
    edited 2018-08-01 22:06
    cgracey wrote: »
    At least in English we can make up new words. I realized that in Spanish, to do so offends people's sensibilities. That's why Mexican restaurants and food brands reuse a limited set of words.

It is called "Rules".
    You need to spell things because you do not even know how to write.
    VonSzarvas wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »

pneumonoul­tramicrosc­opicsilico­volcanocon­iosis

That does have ULTRA, MICRO, and VOLCANO in it, but maybe a shorter word.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    New to this thread.

The existing P2 works for me, but P2 as in P squared works perhaps better...

P^2 (as in P with superscript 2) = "P"arallax "P"ropeller 2. A play on P*P and 2.
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,198
    edited 2018-08-01 23:09
    Can the square thing work in google
    edited 2018-08-01 23:10
    T Chap wrote: »
    Can the square thing work in google

That is the problem. It is neat, but doesn't lend itself to easy expression from a keyboard, with the superscript 2.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2018-08-01 23:11
    Chip, I'm glad you liked that. Maybe better with the 2 a bit more superscripted? Maybe not. Laser markings are hard to read, even when the light is angled just so. Better to be bold and simple. Can you order iridescent?
    640 x 364 - 32K
    Chip, I'm glad you liked that. Maybe better with the 2 a bit more superscripted?

Laser markings are hard to read, even when the light is angled just so. Better to be bold. Can you order iridescent?

That almost looks Chinese.
    Maybe it is time for a single-Chinese-character logo. A simple one.
  • I think if it cannot be easily searched it is a big problem.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2018-08-01 23:48
    Well there is a single character Chinese word that is easily pronounced in English, the word for "multi" is or in Pinyin is Duō which sounds more like Door. English searches would use "Parallax Multicore" perhaps. Just having fun :)

Well there is a single character Chinese word that is easily pronounced in English, the word for "multi" is or in Pinyin is Duō which sounds more like Door. English searches would use "Parallax Multicore" perhaps. Just having fun :)

That would look neat. I wonder if unicode character sets always support that character. If so, it would probably be searchable, but might return mainly Chinese results.
  • jmg wrote: »
    ROCC - Realtime Octal Core Controller (I still think we need to emphasize the realtime I/O nature of the P2).

Funny, I was originally going to say you could just call it the Prop Rock, however ROCC is actually pretty cool, goes against all the hyper, x, blah blah buzziness.

Plus, a Rock/ROCC is a multipurpose tool...
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2018-08-02 02:12
    koehler wrote: »
    jmg wrote: »
    ROCC - Realtime Octal Core Controller (I still think we need to emphasize the realtime I/O nature of the P2).

Funny, I was originally going to say you could just call it the Prop Rock, however ROCC is actually pretty cool, goes against all the hyper, x, blah blah buzziness.

Plus, a Rock/ROCC is a multipurpose tool...

Yes, I actually quite like ROCC as it sounds like rock and the chip certainly does rock, but it is different enough.

BTW - While ROCC (Realtime Octal Core Controller) emphasizes the realtime aspect of P2, the Octal may not reflect a 4 core version, but who cares. PIC stands for Peripheral Interrupt Controller and the A in ARM originally stood for Acorn etc. So what if O in ROCC was originally Octal :)

Here is some P2 chip art.

P2LOGOS.png

edit - just add the Chinese character for ROCK which is yan. (edited - kerned ROCC and stretched vertical)
    edit - Slogan - The ROCC from Rocklin set to rock the world in realtime.
    rocc2.png
    1249 x 458 - 92K
  • I still prefer the original design.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2018-08-02 01:28
    Dave Hein wrote:
    I still prefer the original design.
    Me too,
    for P2
    (except for the part number).

-Phil
  • I don't let my preferences stop me from thinking and exploring. I prefer a steak but I don't mind exploring new foods, and aren't we glad of that. Some people prefer rice and that is all they ever eat :)

This thread is about exploring, putting our dishes out on the buffet table so that we can try and compare etc. In the end it won't be about our preferences, it will be about which is best.
  • How about XYZZY?
  • David Betz wrote: »
    How about XYZZY?

Isn't that an LGBTIQ group?

• I would vote for the second one on the top row. It is very balanced, not strong neither weak, and it looks quite neat and appealing in its simplicity. I think it is the one that better expresses what P2 is about.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • I like the Hydra name. Maybe repurpose that name which has a nice ring to it plus the imagery of a multi headed beast.
  • Peter's comments seconded. This is basically a freebie. Have some fun. We just might hit a winner. If not, we had some fun.

Easy peasy
  • cgracey wrote: »
    SolX

IgniteX

TrumpX - Erna can work out the part #

XBOSS - kind of rhymes with XMOS, but sounds tougher

Those are my only other ideas. Since nothing is humorous, we should probably stick with coffee- or Italian-sounding words, or maybe names that strongly suggest lethal prowess, without conjuring notions of anyone being on the receiving end of force.

The Force

ForceX - no, that doesn't sound right

What would Steely Dan have done in an age of rage?

CivilCore

Legion - too nefarious, but would probably be liked today

I'd shy away from "8", since we may have parts with 16 or 4 cores, as well.

P2 isn't so bad. It doesn't trigger.

Reminds me of a Quote from Stargate SG-1 episode "Wormhole X-Treme!".

" I wanted to call the show 'Going To Other Planets', but researchers say that shows with 'X' in the name get higher ratings."
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,906
    Cordical
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    How about taking a lesson from Intel and naminging it "Rocklin".

The Parallax Rocklin Processor.

The Rocklin 2.

Or "Red Bluff". That's where 83% of the work was accomplished (10 out of 12 years, sheesh).
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    I also thought about "Red Bluff". As you say that is the birthplace. Perhaps the original Propeller was the "Rocklin".

It's just that "Rocklin" rolls off the tongue better for me. "The Parallax Rocklin processor", It rocks, as it were.

"Red Bluff" would be fine too though.

• I want to say: Parallax R.A.D.

Not sure why. WOPR also springs to mind!

Professionally we say it: r. a. d.
    Street slang will be rad (as in, it's way rad man! totally cool!)
    on the street corners of Red Bluff it might be puffed out in a more "romantic" way; radical dude, yeah baby!
    R.A.D could represent Red bluff for A Decade