Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Acrylic enclosures for P2 EVAL - Available now - Page 5 — Parallax Forums

Acrylic enclosures for P2 EVAL - Available now

1235»

Comments

• Cool! I am too. Ikea... some assembly gonna be required.

• msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,701
    edited 2018-12-23 03:17
    Roy Eltham wrote: »
    potatohead, I have a "few" PPDBs. Snapped a couple up when they were deep discounted at end of life. I also have both of Mountain King's PPDB enclosures (the normal one and the one with room for the propscope under).
    I'll get you a pic later tonight, dealing with some xmas stuff right now.

lucky you. I have just one and LOVE it. Not that I use all of it components, mostly I build my own stuff on it for testing.

But it just looks cool. Honestly. And you have everything there for a short test what is going on in your program.

Since you mentioned "a few", would you be willing to part with one of them? You know just in case I make a bad mistake with mine?

Mike
  • Pictures of the PPDB + Propscope enclosure:
    IMG_20181222_203234.jpg
    IMG_20181222_203151.jpg

I'm not sure I would sell any of my PPDB's. I have multiple different things in progress at any given time, so I use a different one for each.
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,253
    edited 2018-12-26 23:39
    Those are nice Roy. If I were you, I would not sell. They are just great boards.

Maybe we can get a respin on them, or just another run as they were last made.

Just put my P2 enclosure together. Had to escape the little ones for a while, lol. Gonna fire it up before I get found.

Great job on this kit. It is Ace! Went together easily. Love it. Thank you.

Edit: I got the "could add fan" edition and I am glad I did. In the pictures, it looked too thick. But, when assembled and in hand, on desk, it is just fine. Thinner would have been less desirable to me. Nice when that happens.

I happen to have some fans that will fit right in, should doing that make sense.
  • I was a bit late on ordering this enclosure, thanks for shipping between the holidays!

It went together awesome.

Maybe I can get the Parallax crew to sign it for me whenever we have the P2 Expo :smile:
  • I have received the enclosure - it truly is a work of art and functionality. Good job and thank you!

Mike

• @W9GFO

Are the newest enclosures for the second eval board available?
  • Oh wow! I had no idea these existed. Thanks Pilot0315 for bumping this up. I want one too. Overclockers version.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,009
    Yes, they will be available soon. I have been dragging my feet on this because I have been working on another project. The design is ready, I just need to spend some time with the laser cutter and getting things together to put up on etsy.

I will probably start a new thread for the new enclosures.
  • (-waves debit card!-)
  • @W9GFO

Can you put my name on the list and PM me for payment info for an enclosure if you have any more for Rev. B Eval Board?

Thanks!
    Doc
  • Based on the availability of 87 more boards, Rich should ramp up some more enclosures. I will be needing another one.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,009
    Yes, umm about that...

My shop is in complete disarray while it is being remodeled. Of course it has turned into a bigger job than first anticipated due to the multitude of things that I have uncovered that need correcting. The laser is in the corner, drained and piled high with boxes and other stuff that would otherwise be in the way.

I will be happy to make more once the laser is back in service, but that may be a few weeks.
  • W9GFO wrote: »
    I will be happy to make more once the laser is back in service, but that may be a few weeks.
    No problem.
  • W9GFO wrote: »
    Yes, umm about that...

My shop is in complete disarray while it is being remodeled. Of course it has turned into a bigger job than first anticipated due to the multitude of things that I have uncovered that need correcting. The laser is in the corner, drained and piled high with boxes and other stuff that would otherwise be in the way.

Of course Rich. We will be happy to wait.
  • pilot0315pilot0315 Posts: 834
    edited 2020-01-18 20:29
    @W9GFO

Please put me on the list for the next batch. If possible fan type mix up the colors please.

Thanks

No rush.
  • @W9GFO
    Do you have any plans to make any more cases available?

Greg

• groebke1 wrote: »
    @W9GFO
    Do you have any plans to make any more cases available?

Greg

See above.
    W9GFO wrote: »
    Yes, umm about that...