Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help to find lost link regarding P1 receiving radio transmission in software — Parallax Forums

Help to find lost link regarding P1 receiving radio transmission in software

Hi
This is the link I was looking for.
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/105674-Hook-an-antenna-to-your-Propeller-and-listen-to-the-radio!-(New-shortwave-prog)
I liked it so much I bookmarked it- but now find its gone.
I seem to remember someone saying that by adjusting the link name it was still possible to read apparently lost links.
Anyone help
Dave

Comments

• tritoniumtritonium Posts: 540
    edited 2021-07-27 20:34

@Yanomani

You little beauty- that was so quick and spot on thanks.
    So I have to replace 'showthread.php' with 'discussion' and bobs your uncle.......
    I thought this magic thread had been lost to posterity.
    Thank, thanks, thanks. :):):)
    edit
    is there some similar magic to decode this-
    attachment.php?attachmentid=55182

Dave

• You're always welcome, @tritonium

In fact, I really don't know what's needed to be replaced, cause I simply tried the forum search box, stuffed with some outstanding text, based on the link you posted ("Hook-an-antenna-to-your-Propeller-and-listen-to-the-radio!").
    Not any luck, at all (the forum search box behaviour just threw me into the tides, as usual).
    Then, I used the exactly same argument with Google, and "Fiat Lux"! :smiley:

• @tritonium said:

edit
    is there some similar magic to decode this-
    attachment.php?attachmentid=55182

Dave

Not sure if this is the right one:

https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/download/55182/PropellerRadio.gif

• @Yanomani

I think it must be- its identical to the propeller radio.gif at the end of the post.
    And it has the right 'number' 55182.

There's some real 'gold' in these old threads- be a shame to lose them.

Dave

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,252

Are you trying to script a conversion to fix links? I sure would like to have more automatic access to the old propeller forum. There was some real gold in them there posts, especially this one. It's a shame that PhiPi hasn't embraced the P2. I would love to see what the P2 is capable of as a radio.

• hinv,

We could all pitch in and buy him one.

I myself wish there something more like the old Propeller Demo Board which has most of the basic built into it.