Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Brain-dead Bluetooth on the P1 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Brain-dead Bluetooth on the P1

2»

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2022-04-19 20:25

Looks like I hitched my wagon to the wrong horse. The Microchip module with the XBee-type carrier board is now NRND (not recommended for new designs).

-Phil

• I think I'll still go ahead with an XBee footprint. There is a plethora of so-called "bluetooth bee" products out there that will plug into an XBee socket. Plus, the end-user will have the option of using XBee or wi-fi from the same socket.

-Phil

• Kinda prefer the Click stuff:

https://mikroe.com/click-boards

Not only do they provide sample code but also the schematics of the modules :+1:

Craig

• Yeah, the Click boards do provide enormous breadth across many kinds of peripherals and accessories. However, the XBee-style interface provides substantial depth in the wireless world. That's why I prefer it in this case.

-Phil

• Hey Phil,
    In the last big mysterybox where the contents were a full sweep of the parallax desktops, I got an XBee dev kit. Digi XBEE 3 cellular smartmodem LTE-M. It is combo cell and bluetooth radios. The free access runs out a few months after registration, but the annual plans are pretty reasonable depending on data needs and carrier. I stayed with the ATT and it runs about $40 per year. Playing with it off and on. There is a newer version out.