Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Notes On Propeller (might be helpful for new user ) - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Notes On Propeller (might be helpful for new user )

2»

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797

@"Bob Drury" I hope your writing down what @evanh just posted here :)
    Note sure explained so well anywhere else...

• I was having problem exporting to a pdf file. Found out there was some character in a table that created a "insuficient memory in word" wonder how that got there? Yes info from evanh will be adding. Will be working on Call\Subroutines for notes next. Split notes into two files. "HelloPropellerIIExamplesRev08.zip" contains propeller executable code and the reference document is "HelloPreopellerP2ExamplesRev08.zip. Updated more PASM code.
    Regards
    Bob (WRD)

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2021-09-30 13:59

@"Bob Drury" said:
    I was having problem exporting to a pdf file. Found out there was some character in a table that created a "insuficient memory in word" wonder how that got there? Yes info from evanh will be adding. Will be working on Call\Subroutines for notes next. Split notes into two files. "HelloPropellerIIExamplesRev08.zip" contains propeller executable code and the reference document is "HelloPreopellerP2ExamplesRev08.zip. Updated more PASM code.
    Regards
    Bob (WRD)

Bob, were there supposed to be two zip files, examples AND document?

• Still hitting a size limit for downloading file so split so the pdf and docx files downloaded seperately.
    Regards
    Bob (WRD)

• Got them , thanks!

• New Update - 2.0) Digital Pin 12.9) Calling Subroutine 12.10) Interupts.
    Looks like Ihave to make a coupe of post for size.
    Regards
    Bob (WRD)

• Getting error file size too large
    will open newchat
    Regards
    Bob (WRD)

• Thanks Bob, this document is very helpful.
    Jim

• Unfortunately when I had a problem uploading there are now two topics opened for the same thing. Here is the latest document.
    Regards
    Bob (WRD)
    [Hello Propeller P2 ExamplesRev13(https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnUs0i8TGbDzhnUz5r_gTcMyfRmP?e=PoG1Jz)
    Ps If this doesn't work try the other chat just below this.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797

Thanks for keeping this up...
    You're having trouble converting to pdf, right?
    I just tried one of them with minimize size option.
    It worked, but still too big to post here, 5 MB...

• Will make a pdf for next revision to go with word documents. My son has checked that the share created on hotmail was working and was succesfull with downloads. The link is on the chat that was created see above. (Tried to add it in the above comments but couldn't get the link to show up.)

I would like to add some information on the streamer but I am not familiar with this and if anyone out there has some
    info or summary they have created I would really like to add this to the notes.

Regards
    Bob (WRD)

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    edited 2021-11-23 13:08

The streamer could do with its own block diagram of data flow. Like what we did with the I/O block diagram but more detailed to show things like LUTRAM addressing. But without a lot of input from Chip I think it'd be too much of a guess from me.

Also, I dunno how I'd draw it but the streamer needs a carefully structured depiction of how the command buffering works too. That would help even the experienced users here. Its interaction with XCONT/XZERO instruction stalling needs clearly understood. This one I at least have a pretty good grasp of ...

PS: Chip made a demo of using non-stalling ability with the interrupt based TV driver. Sadly, it requires reserving a chunk of cogRAM so isn't compatible with FlexSpin