Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tim Hunkin's Bearings Video — Parallax Forums

Tim Hunkin's Bearings Video

I recently discovered Tim Hunkin's YouTube channel. I've watched a bunch of his videos. His videos never fail to put a smile on my face and his videos also inspire me to build something.

Apparently Tim is well known to people in the UK because of the television series "Secret Life of Machines". Some of this series can be found on his channel and the rest are on other channels on YouTube. I recommend watching episodes on Tim's channel since he has managed to remaster them with better quality and adds some extra comments at the end of the video.

There's lots of information in these videos which should help people wanting to learn to build robots and other contraptions.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244

Love this guy! Great find, Sir Duane!

• Duane you and Erco might like a virtual tour of an arcade he made
    https://www.underthepier.com/

my friend has been there and used the 'autofrisk' and nuclear meltdown simulation, i'm kind of jealous

Tim came out to the local science museum here in the 90's. He's got a great take on all things including student education

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2022-04-07 17:41

Tim Hunkin has recently put out a couple more videos on his channel. Here's his "Linkages" video.

He also has a new "Sensors" video. I liked the Sensors video but that buzzer he used to detect a closed circuit started driving me crazy. I had to wear headphones because the buzzer sound annoyed my wife so much.

Unsurprisingly, these video are full of great information and the videos are a lot of fun to watch.

• Excellent stuff!!! Some of those hacks made me cringe though :lol:

Wonder why he didn't simply stick a counter-balance on the "Tiger gate"? That would've allowed them to tune it to suit.

Found a source for Lignum Vitae; might just grab a chunk to play with :+1:

Craig