Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Micropython for P2 - Page 13 — Parallax Forums

Micropython for P2

1789101113»

Comments

• I'm learning Micropython, (actually Circuit Python) so forgive the elementary questions.

Will this Micropython be able to use existing Circuit Python libraries? This opens up a lot of possibilities with an existing code base.
    My initial impression of Micropython on the P2 was it appeared to be a very expensive way to run the platform, that is until I realized that you were replacing the necessity of a programming platform like a PC. Then it makes sense!

I'm curious about those boards I saw in the video from 3 months ago. Will these be available from Parallax or a partner?

RJ

• @RetroJeff said:
    I'm learning Micropython, (actually Circuit Python) so forgive the elementary questions.

Will this Micropython be able to use existing Circuit Python libraries? This opens up a lot of possibilities with an existing code base.
    My initial impression of Micropython on the P2 was it appeared to be a very expensive way to run the platform, that is until I realized that you were replacing the necessity of a programming platform like a PC. Then it makes sense!

I'm curious about those boards I saw in the video from 3 months ago. Will these be available from Parallax or a partner?

RJ

Those boards are from @Tubular and I've also wondered if they'd be completed.

As for Circuit Python, TeamOz will answer that question. I believe the effort was to stay close to the hardware and original MicroPython code base produced by Damien.

Ken Gracey

• HI Retrojeff

I suspect running CircuitPython is possible, there's more similarities than differences, we just haven't tried it yet. Do you have a particular library you wanted us to try?

As for the P2DIP40 boards, yes these will be made available, they're about to be deployed in their first serious application and if all goes well we'll run a batch of 180

• @Tubular said:
    HI Retrojeff

I suspect running CircuitPython is possible, there's more similarities than differences, we just haven't tried it yet. Do you have a particular library you wanted us to try?

Neopixel (neopixel.mpy) for those ws2811 strings as provided in the P2 holiday kits

As for the P2DIP40 boards, yes these will be made available, they're about to be deployed in their first serious application and if all goes well we'll run a batch of 180

I would definitely be interested when you have them for sale.

RJ

• Just giving this a small bump to see what the current state of Micropython for the propeller is.
    Curious if it will be able to support downloadable libraries?

RJ