Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Blockly Solo "Save your file" prompt — Parallax Forums

Blockly Solo "Save your file" prompt

The prompt to save my file is getting very annoying. I can not find an option to turn this feature off.
I am using version 1.5.5

Is there a control or config option to shut this down or make it only save every hour?

Comments

• I completely agree, it’s very annoying when it pops up so often, an option to change the frequency would be nice
  • Another agree here!

I've reported this to Parallax. It's on a list of tasks, and I hope it will get pushed up the stack soon.
  • Okay, it seems you all have a unanimous decision. The BlocklyProp team has been tried by the community and we shall now address the matter directly with them (uh, us!).

It's not a new request and it's something we could accommodate. I don't like it either.

Would one of you be kind enough to log this into our GitHub as a BlocklyProp issue, linking the request to this forum thread?

Thanks!

Ken Gracey
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,701
    edited 2020-10-06 00:13
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Okay, it seems you all have a unanimous decision. The BlocklyProp team has been tried by the community and we shall now address the matter directly with them (uh, us!).

It's not a new request and it's something we could accommodate. I don't like it either.

Would one of you be kind enough to log this into our GitHub as a BlocklyProp issue, linking the request to this forum thread?

Thanks!

Ken Gracey

So Ken, seems to be a proof that you can't handle GitHub either? :smile:

Mike
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2020-10-06 03:53
    msrobots wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Okay, it seems you all have a unanimous decision. The BlocklyProp team has been tried by the community and we shall now address the matter directly with them (uh, us!).

Thanks!

Ken Gracey

So Ken, seems to be a proof that you can't handle GitHub either? :smile:

Mike

Haha, no. I can get around and do what I need to do, but not much more. At the last P2 Live Forum, Jeff showed how to easily access the P2 library. Cloning and pull requests seem to be a big challenge for many of us. Wait, wait. You were in attendance.

I was just looking for some help. I've gotten really busy at Parallax and I'm grasping for whoever is available.

Ken Gracey
  • Don't know Github, but was going to anyway try to create an issue, however its eems an issue is already existing for this: https://github.com/parallaxinc/solo/issues/500
    Addressed in version 1.5.6.
    The Save Project reminder has been disabled while the underlying code gets some much needed attention.