Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Revisions — Parallax Forums

Revisions

SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
edited 2019-11-17 02:44 in Propeller 2
I'm noticing that the documentation on propeller.parallax.com refers to the latest release as Revision B. However, when you actually query the hardware, it returns "Prop_Ver G". While I understand stating that the Eval Board is Rev B, but shouldn't the documentation for the chip itself (incl. the Google Docs) be using the revision designator returned by Prop_Chk?

Edit: or am I misunderstanding what "G" represents?

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,171
    edited 2019-11-17 02:54
    Good point. They were like that on the FPGA too. I don't know why v32 (rev A) FPGA files were version A while the v33 (rev B ) FPGA files became version G.
  • At one point, one of us asked for revisions on Pnut.exe.

I believe that is where the revisions came from. Numbered editions got letters to indicate minor changes.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,171
    edited 2019-11-17 05:13
    That doesn't explain why the ROM responses have no relation. The ROM that goes with PNut v32i ("i" being the revision that went to fabrication) gives a response of version "A".

EDIT: Or are you saying that the request for identification wasn't until after the first silicon was being tested? That's a pretty long way through development. EDIT2: Except that doesn't add up either because the ID was there all along I think. It was just stuck on version "A" throughout FPGA development until v33.

EDIT3: v33k was the exact FPGA revision that went to fabrication for rev B silicon.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    A = rev A silicon
    B..F = various FPGA boards
    G = rev B silicon