Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Accessory Boards - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Accessory Boards

Comments

• whicker wrote: »
    The "charlieplex_text.spin2" isn't in the zip file.

Today isn't my day :(. Sorry about that -- let's hope it's third time lucky. I've updated the .zip above, and I'll attach the file here too.
  • ersmith wrote: »
    whicker wrote: »
    The "charlieplex_text.spin2" isn't in the zip file.

Today isn't my day :(. Sorry about that -- let's hope it's third time lucky. I've updated the .zip above, and I'll attach the file here too.

Wow. Pretty neat that this print #2 device is able to wait until the buffer has enough room.
    I wrote some code to slam it with strings and no other waits.
    I tested this by toggling an LED in the loop, and the LED only toggles every few seconds as new strings are brought in.
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,178
    Is there a ready to use 640x480 1bpp VGA driver laying around somewhere that will work with ES + accessory board? I will eventually read up on video stuff on the P2 and do my own driver, but I would like a quick start to get going!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    On the VGA 1920x1080 thread I posted 1bpp code. Perhaps you can massage that into 640x480.
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,178
    Cluso99,
    Thank you for always being so helpful! :smile:
  • I found some use for almost all accessory boards, except the Goerzel one.

What is it supposed to do? My guess would be Propscope to gnd X an Y and then what?

curious,

Mike
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    Its an analogue joystick for your finger! :) It is computed like a resolver is, but uses electric fields instead of magnetic fields.

• aah, looking sideways at the board shows some sort f a pad, I see.

Is there any demo?

Mike
  • Has anyone actually written code to successfully drive the Goerzel board?
  • @cgracey had a demo here somewhere.
  • Ozprop and I had a brief look at the goertzel board a while ago. I think Chip's code needs adapting to that small board. The original demo Chip did had sparse electrodes on quite a large scale. The goertzel board is very compact and the electrodes immediately adjacent to each other
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Tubular wrote: »
    Ozprop and I had a brief look at the goertzel board a while ago. I think Chip's code needs adapting to that small board. The original demo Chip did had sparse electrodes on quite a large scale. The goertzel board is very compact and the electrodes immediately adjacent to each other

Just read this thread. I haven't written any code, yet, for the Goertzel board.
    Parallax just built some of these and sent me two. It's the HyperRAM/Flash board that VonSzarvas designed.

1024 x 576 - 184K
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,701
    edited 2019-08-23 22:27
    nice.

I wonder If I need one, just in case.

I showed you that monstrous Laptop I keep to replace the innards with some P2 stuff I have not written yet...

Mike
  • cgracey wrote: »
    Parallax just built some of these and sent me two. It's the HyperRAM/Flash board that VonSzarvas designed.
    Does this mean we need to start working on XMM for P2? :smile:

• David Betz wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »
    Does this mean we need to start working on XMM for P2? :smile:

yes

Mike
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,800
    I suppose it looks a bit better than my Hyper board...
    msrobots wrote: »
    nice.

I wonder If I need one, just in case.

I showed you that monstrous Laptop I keep to replace the innards with some P2 stuff I have not written yet...

Mike

I need to ask how many they built.
    Yummy!

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,800
    I wonder if the fixed pll will allow for new P2 clock and VGA resolution options than before when showing image from HyperX...
  • YanomaniYanomani Posts: 1,524
    edited 2019-08-24 00:08
    Nice-looking addition.

Congratulations to VonSzarvas and every other ones involved in the production of those boards.

Hope they could be ordered with two HyperRams fitted.
    edited 2019-08-24 02:15
    Mike,
    I went a looking for the code to control the Goertzel accessory board and found it - https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/169236/fun-with-goertzel/p1
    Tested and works as advertised. Just had to set the pin constants to suit (I used the second header):
    		gtzpin = 8			'four quadrants, four consecutive pins
    		adcpin = 15			'centre pad
    		xpin = 12			'scope X
    		ypin = 13			'scope Y

edited 2019-08-24 08:30
    evanh wrote: »
    Mike,
    I went a looking for the code to control the Goertzel accessory board and found it - https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/169236/fun-with-goertzel/p1
    Tested and works as advertised. Just had to set the pin constants to suit (I used the second header):
    		gtzpin = 8			'four quadrants, four consecutive pins
    		adcpin = 15			'centre pad
    		xpin = 12			'scope X
    		ypin = 13			'scope Y

oh cool, I need to try that out.

I hope I understand the code, need to look at it. Finally a reason to get the propscope and PPDB out of the plastic container and onto the new workbench. Yes! I am building a new man-cave. The room is fresh painted, has a nice hardwood floor, and a solid work bench so far.

Something around 12 by 12, so small, but I will try to build it as cozy as I can.

Current goal is to have all outlets grounded not just the ones on one side of the room.

House is build I 1930 so one has to have patience to get stuff up to standard.

Mike
    edited 2019-08-24 09:19
    Renovation of an unused room, or moved house recently?

In doing some more experimenting with the Goertzel board I'm finding it needs further translating to give a one to one mapping of the x/y position. As it is it has a circular trace when moving across a side/corner, ie: off centre motion.

Proximity and size are a major factor to amplification. Without any mechanical guide it is very wonky to control. Even the rolled up fingers affect it. I placed a block ceramic heatsink on top that I could run my finger over and that helped a lot. Sadly it was too big to sit evenly so it still produced a lopsided effect.

edited 2019-08-24 13:06
    Ah ... increasing the sensitivity by reducing the "shift" constant to 8 and adding basic filtering, it becomes more linear because the finger motion stays more central. I've levelled the ceramic block as well. So my finger is now kept a constant 16 mm away from the board, and finger tip motion is confined to a few millimetres from perpendicular centre of the pads.

EDIT: Also needed a calibrate button to handle drift and shifting conditions like the position of the ceramic block and even the plastic spacer for levelling it. I used the four-button control accessory for this.
    edited 2019-08-24 17:02
    The new P2 silicon has SINC2 filtering in the Goertzel circuit, which is a huge improvement.

It also allows 120-degree 3-phase output by always assuming data in LUT are pre-signed. The 4th channel can be a 180-degree complement to the 3rd channel. So, you can get by with three outputs, instead of four.
    edited 2019-08-25 10:55
    evanh wrote: »
    Renovation of an unused room, or moved house recently?

In doing some more experimenting with the Goertzel board I'm finding it needs further translating to give a one to one mapping of the x/y position. As it is it has a circular trace when moving across a side/corner, ie: off centre motion.

Proximity and size are a major factor to amplification. Without any mechanical guide it is very wonky to control. Even the rolled up fingers affect it. I placed a block ceramic heatsink on top that I could run my finger over and that helped a lot. Sadly it was too big to sit evenly so it still produced a lopsided effect.

both, see here how it started … http://real-hell.blogspot.com took me a while to fix it. My Sister published that. I can't even access it. You might know the difference between Friends and Family, you can choose your Friends!

Now I am able to unpack and have a nice Lab, hopefully.

Mike
    That's a lot of garbage lying around! It looks like it had some squatters staying.

I'm also interested in coding and sharing results on this board. I just got permanently laid off from my controls engineer job of 15 years, so I'm looking for something productive to do in the interim.
    whicker wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »

I'm also interested in coding and sharing results on this board. I just got permanently laid off from my controls engineer job of 15 years, so I'm looking for something productive to do in the interim.

If you want to write code for the HyperRAM board, I will send you one. PM me your shipping address.