Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Lots of SX Items — Parallax Forums

Lots of SX Items

I was cleaning up my shop and found a ton of SX stuff. It's on ebay if anyone is interested

1-professional development board
1-SX Tech board
2-SX28 proto board
6-SX48 proto board
4- Serial SX-Key
1-USB SX-Key
2-SX Blitz
1-SX Con carne
96-SX28AC/DP
69-SX28AS/SS
5-SX52BD/PQ
6-SX28AC/SO
39-SX20AC/SS
37-SX48BD/TQ

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323395908692

Comments

• I bought this package, my main interest being the chips that I will use to keep the Stache and a couple of other custom products alive. I'll make some of the items that I don't need available here or on ebay, to try to recoup part of the cost. Let me know if you see something you need!

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2018-08-16 20:42
    Do you need all of the SX28 DIP chips? How much would you want for them?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-08-16 21:07
    I though the Stache was based on the SX18. Did you upgrade to a SX20 as I did not see any SX18's in the list.?
  • I won't need the DIP SX28s. We can work something out in pm, Dave. I'm heading out on a camping trip shortly for a long weekend, so don't be concerned if you don't hear from me right away!

About the Stache, yes, the original design used the SX18, but fairly early on I plucked the SX20/SS down in that spot. More recently, when the supply was drying up, it got a version with the SX28/SS. Those changes were quite minor in the pcb layout and firmware. We thought about reworking it for the SX48, but decided it was diminishing returns, despite the 77 cent price tag from Parallax. But the little beast keeps chugging along. We are making batches on demand.
  • Do you have a list of the parts you have available to sell?
  • hey all, im getting back into microcontrollers in retirement, and came across some sx stuff i had stashed away.
    i have a simple project i want to do getting outside temp and the temp of the water in my outside wood boiler, then wireless transfer to a display in the house, im lazy......
    i thought it would be more cost effective if i just used the sx stuff instead of the propeller boards i have to do so.
    but i dont have the sx ide anymore. and i cant find it on parallax site. anyone have a copy? just want to do sx basic, no hurry on the temp.
    dan
    edited 2019-01-14 12:09
    Sawmiller wrote: »
    hey all, im getting back into microcontrollers in retirement, and came across some sx stuff i had stashed away.
    i have a simple project i want to do getting outside temp and the temp of the water in my outside wood boiler, then wireless transfer to a display in the house, im lazy......
    i thought it would be more cost effective if i just used the sx stuff instead of the propeller boards i have to do so.
    but i dont have the sx ide anymore. and i cant find it on parallax site. anyone have a copy? just want to do sx basic, no hurry on the temp.
    dan

If you go to the Parallax store, type SX in the search box, (upper right), it should bring up many pages, such as:
    https://www.parallax.com/search?search_api_views_fulltext=SX&page=1
  • found it, thank you.
    was looking in the forums...
  • So can we see sx items here? If not where are you guys seeing yours?
  • Shawn Lowe wrote: »
    So can we see sx items here? If not where are you guys seeing yours?

You can type "SX" in the search box here, (upper right). Sometimes you will get lucky.
    SXlist is another resource:

http://www.sxlist.com/techref/ubicom/index.htm?url=www.&ref=

Then there is the Waybackmachine to get to the old SX forum:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070607190245/http://forums.parallax.com:80/forums/default.aspx?f=7

http://forums.parallax.com:80/forums/default.aspx?f=7&m=182809

Be aware. Practically none of the links will work from that website, (they were not archived).
  • Sell not see
  • Shawn Lowe wrote: »
    Sell not see
    Good question. There was a thread about selling things on the forum and I thought we were waiting for a reply from Parallax but I'm not sure one ever came. I have a bunch of SX stuff as well but I suspect there is not much of a market for it.

• Yeah I know there was interest in the sx key I have, but the boards I have I'll probably just throw away
    edited 2019-01-20 21:05
    Shawn Lowe wrote: »
    Yeah I know there was interest in the sx key I have, but the boards I have I'll probably just throw away

Which boards do you have? Anything with SX 28 DIPs are worthwhile to some people.
    edited 2019-01-20 21:35
    Publison wrote: »
    Yeah I know there was interest in the sx key I have, but the boards I have I'll probably just throw away

Which boards do you have? Anything with SX 28 DIPs are worthwhile to some people.
    I have lots of SX 28 DIPs. I can't remember now why I bought them. :smile:
    It started by wanting some spares to go with Andre' LaMothe's XGS Pico game console but then got out of hand.

• Publison wrote: »

I have the sx proto boards and a sx board of education
  • David Betz wrote: »

It started by wanting some spares to go with Andre' LaMothe's XGS Pico game console but then got out of hand.

If you are willing to see how many you have, give me a price and I will buy them
  • The_Master wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »

If you are willing to see how many you have, give me a price and I will buy them
    Check with Publison. He had a bunch at one point.
    edited 2019-01-21 17:41
    I have to inventory my SX stuff which is at my new house. May take a couple of days.

I also bought all of Robert's inventory including SX Module kits.
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/94916/sx48-40-pin-dip-full-kit-and-pcb-available
  • I have most of the stuff on the list in the first post in this thread. I made an offer on ebay and "won" the lot, but what I needed mostly were the chips in the 20 and 28 pin /SS package. Not the boards or tools. If you (anyone reading this) see something on the list that you want (or need!), send me a pm and we can probably work something out.

• I have most of the stuff on the list in the first post in this thread. I made an offer on ebay and "won" the lot, but what I needed mostly were the chips in the 20 and 28 pin /SS package. Not the boards or tools. If you (anyone reading this) see something on the list that you want (or need!), send me a pm and we can probably work something out.

Did you send all of your SX 28 DIP chips to Publison?

• He took some, and some for André I think. I have about 30 left and was still asking $1.50 ea for them.

edited 2019-01-22 11:22
    He took some, and some for André I think. I have about 30 left and was still asking $1.50 ea for them.
    Hmmm... And I was hanging onto mine hoping the price would go up to $100 each! :smile:

• Anybody notice that all the SX48's are gone. There used to be a couple of thousand last month.
  • Publison wrote: »
    Anybody notice that all the SX48's are gone. There used to be a couple of thousand last month.
    I assumed you had bought them!

edited 2019-01-22 18:47
    Publison wrote: »
    Anybody notice that all the SX48's are gone. There used to be a couple of thousand last month.
    I assumed you had bought them!

I have about 100 modules that I bought from Robert to put on his boards. I don't think I need any more right now.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2019-01-22 19:23
    He took some, and some for André I think. I have about 30 left and was still asking $1.50 ea for them.
    Hmmm... And I was hanging onto mine hoping the price would go up to $100 each! :smile:

My last search for SX20AC/SS from the aftermarket sources ranged from $16 each to $78 each. (Ouch! But not quite $100.) I had located 5 pcs SX28AC/SS from Quest at $4 each, but I passed up $9 each for 18 more from a different source.

Interesting that the SX48DB is listed as "Product not available" in the Parallax store. The only SX item listed is the USB SX key. I presume that there are quite a few left for BASIC Stamps, but the SX otherwise disappears into a vacuum of history.
  • David Betz wrote: »

My last search for SX20AC/SS from the aftermarket sources ranged from $16 each to $78 each. (Ouch! But not quite $100.) I had located 5 pcs SX28AC/SS from Quest at $4 each, but I passed up $9 each for 18 more from a different source.
    I guess I should buy up your remaining 30 SX 28 DIP chips so I have a corner on the SX 28 DIP market! :smile:

• Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,347
    edited 2019-01-22 20:40
    I still got 7 SX28's and 3 SX18's. I liked the SX18 because it had the same functionality as the SX20, but in a small DIP package. I made a camera controller that I flew in a small rocket using one of those.
    266 x 238 - 24K
  • Dave Hein wrote: »
    I still got 7 SX28's and 3 SX18's. I liked the SX18 because it had the same functionality as the SX28, but in a smaller DIP package. I made a camera controller that I flew in a small rocket using one of those.
    Nice!