Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Disability Midwheel Drive Powerchair Conversion Project. - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Disability Midwheel Drive Powerchair Conversion Project.

2»

Comments

• I posted only one of the videos instead of the four on my last post, here are the other three.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

My Powerchair Conversion Playlist that I add all my videos to (first being the most current)

• JDJD Posts: 570
    Coming along great Jorge. My vote is if wiring or placement makes it easier, that is the correct way. Steppers would give better position controls than a servo too, and the pan/tilt with pings shouldn't weight much either. I can't wait to see it in operation to start live testing. :)
  • I'm running into a bit of a dilemma. I don't have a drill press and I need to have a straight holes into the side and filled drive hole of a 22mm socket to fit the socket to the encoders. The 22mm socket fits perfectly onto the motor shaft, if the brake is removed, without any play. The 1/2 inch drive hole of the socket is filled with epoxy so I can drill a 6 mm hole into the center to insert the shaft of the encoder using a second hole drilled into the side of the socket for a set screw. I only have a hand drill and I can't quite get a straight hole.

Any suggestions?

Here is a video of what the problem is and what I think needs to be done (it is still uploading if it is within 25-30 minutes of the time I posted this comment).

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    The simplest solution for drilling 90 degree holes is to use two pieces of wood joined together to form a corner as a guide. There are also attachments for drills that can be used as a guide.
    If you could use a drill press frequently you can also build one to hold a corded or cordless drill using wood and drawer glides. Go to youtube and search for "drill press".
  • Do you have a Harbor Freight store near-by? Or perhaps ship-in? Great for tools that are not used a lot.
  • Major turn of events the past 2 weeks, we've been in the hospital. In and out of ICU, we have a beautiful baby boy 3 months early. My fiance is currently doing well and may be back out of ICU by monday. We are 120 miles from home and will be staying here for the baby. Baby Jody is in NICU for a few months and is doing great.

I will not be able to continue this project until I return home with momma and baby. I hope you all understand.

• Tough way to celebrate your first fathers day! Congrats on the son I hope all goes well and that you have Mama and son home soon.
    Jim
  • 1 more week till we are Home! Progress on this project will be slower, but definitely will continue. Now I need to figure out how to baby safe this!

Planning on August 15th for Jody to be Discharged into the big world for the first time.

If you see a Donation box for the Ronald McDonald House at McDonald's, drop something into it, if you already have, thank you!