Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE's Project view — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE's Project view

Howdy, how do I switch to "Project view"? reading the manual but the options seem different than what the manual says, I'm running SimpleIDE 1.0.2 (RC2)

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2016-01-27 16:25
    There is a small icon on the bottom left. Click on that to open the project view. (I wish it was more apparent).

• that opens the project manager but still doesn't look like in the manual
  • This is a link to the SimpleIDE's manual, on page 14 there's pictures of the "project view" and "simple view" and I want to go from simple view to project view

• Franny wrote: »
    that opens the project manager but still doesn't look like in the manual
    Which version of the manual do you have? When I bring up help, it shows 11/23/2014

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    Hi.

Look in the tools menu. It should say "Set Project View" if you're in Simple View (page 10 of the user guide).

• jazzed wrote: »
    Hi.

Look in the tools menu. It should say "Set Project View" if you're in Simple View (page 10 of the user guide).

I already did that and that option isn't available, that's the weird part!
  • JasonDorieJasonDorie Posts: 1,930
    edited 2016-01-29 00:07
    You actually need to do this in two steps. First, go to "Tools -> Properties" to bring up the properties dialog. Choose the "General" tab and click the option in the lower right for "View Mode" (see attached image). Once you've done that, THEN you'll have the option to set project view mode in the tools menu. It's overly confusing.
    516 x 349 - 18K
  • JasonDorie wrote: »
    You actually need to do this in two steps. First, go to "Tools -> Properties" to bring up the properties dialog. Choose the "General" tab and click the option in the lower right for "View Mode" (see attached image). Once you've done that, THEN you'll have the option to set project view mode in the tools menu. It's overly confusing.

That was it, Thanks! : ]

• I think Parallax designed the view mode setting this way to prevent novice users from accidentally enabling project mode. They feel that the project mode will confuse novice users, and they may be right.

Jason, thanks for posting the instructions to set project view. I wasn't aware that SimpleIDE could be set so that it comes up in project mode on startup. I've always had to hit the project view button after starting SimpleIDE. This will save me from having to do that now.
  • JasonDorie wrote: »

Jason, Thanks!

That is confusing.

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    Looks like page 10 of the user guide needs an update.

Forgot all about this thing. It used to ask for a password :)