Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Erco's Figure Eight Challenge - Page 12 — Parallax Forums

Erco's Figure Eight Challenge

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2015-04-11 18:48
    Yes, I have an Arobot. Pretty sloppy steering linkage, and of course you can't turn those non-powered steering wheels anywhere close to 90 degrees.
    edited 2015-04-11 18:50
    My 3D printed Trikebot does a square figure 8 followed by a round one. Tiny footprint for tabletop demos at a 3D printing trade show in NYC next week.
  • JasonDorieJasonDorie Posts: 1,930
    edited 2015-04-11 21:08
    Now you're just showing off. :)
  • TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2015-04-11 22:12
    Love it!, if we had a 'like' button, I would click it, and I never click the like button...
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2015-04-12 04:23
    Very fluid and fast turns.
    edited 2015-04-13 13:48
    Martin_H wrote: »
    Very fluid and fast turns.

One good turn deserves another... :)
    edited 2015-05-25 17:22
    Finally got around to testing my idea for a simple low-tech, one I/O pin line following sensor on Trike bot. Two CdS (cadmium sulphide) photocells in series form a voltage divider read by an ADC. They look down at a line illuminated by a single center mounted green LED. About as stupid simple as it gets, but it works. Lots of variables: vehicle geometry, sensor geometry (view and location), how much illumination from the LED, and of course, the software.

It wouldn't be anyone's first choice for a timed line following competition, but it's about as minimal as I can think of.
    edited 2015-05-25 17:23
    Finally got around to testing my idea for a simple low-tech, one I/O pin line following sensor on Trike bot. Two CdS (cadmium sulphide) photocells in series, making a voltage divider read by an ADC, looking down at a line illuminated by a single center mounted green LED. About as stupid simple as it gets, but it works. Lots of variables: vehicle geometry, sensor geometry (view and location), how much illumination from the LED, line width, and of course, the software.

It wouldn't be anyone's first choice for a timed line following competition, but it's about as minimal as I can think of.
  • Carol HazlettCarol Hazlett Posts: 312
    edited 2015-06-21 15:11
    Okay Erco, I am almost there! I have my Toddler, I built a Toddler type robot from Minds-i parts, and am building one from Fischertechnik parts. My intent is to have all three follow each other around a figure eight. Each one walks a little differently and at a different speed so this a challenge. I haven't decided if I am going to have each one do it independently or have the rear ones follow sensors.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2015-06-21 19:52
    Can't wait Carol!
  • Carol HazlettCarol Hazlett Posts: 312
    edited 2015-07-05 19:26
    What is that stuff?We are getting a baby brother. He is from Germany.When is he getting here?Don't know, Mom is in labor now.Look, he has a worm gear! I don't have a worm gear!
    Yea, it's no fair.
    830 x 623 - 246K
    No new figure 8 bots since my Trikebot in APRIL? For shame, Forumistas! In that case I don't feel bad sharing this Brand X controller forcing a $10 hacked RC car around, just dead reckoning. Sloppy motor-slam steering, undergeared, this car is not the optimum candidate. Nonetheless, with love and patience, I think almost anything can do a figure 8.

Come on guys, let's see some activity!

edited 2015-10-19 00:16
    Q1: If I start a 15-Point Turn Challenge, will you guys enter?
    Q2: Which way does my sidewalk slope downhill?

• Q1: Yes, but you'll have to concede defeat on the mobile tower of Hanoi challenge.
    Q2: Towards the top?
    edited 2015-10-19 16:56
    A1: Never! It's on my TO DO list, top priority with everything else. :)
    A2: To the left, actually. That's why it slowly creeps left during its straight runs.

And no, I won't be using RoboCar for the mobile ToH challenge, even though that last video clearly shows how maneuverable and repeatable it is...

You gotta love a 15 point turn, nearly in its own length!
  • erco wrote: »
    ....... I won't be using RoboCar for the mobile ToH challenge, ........

erco,
    mobile Tower of hanoi challenge???
    Have I missed something?

• NikosG wrote: »
    erco wrote: »
    ....... I won't be using RoboCar for the mobile ToH challenge, ........

erco,
    mobile Tower of hanoi challenge???
    Have I missed something?

That is a new one for me too! Now that Robothon is behind me I am going back to work on both this challenge and the Spiral challenge.

• @NikosG and @Carol Hazlett

See this challenge:

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/160535/erco-s-mobile-robot-tower-of-hanoi-challenge

At the preset time I am the only one to complete it. I'd like to have company, so consider yourself challenged!
    Stationkeeping the hard way, using a digital IR Obstacle/Proximity sensor.

RoboCar roaming with IR proximity sensor outdoors at night.

• Nice! Now, if you could just attach a vacuum cleaner to it... :lol:
    Can I get an Amen and a Star Pattern challenge going?
    high 1  ' reverse
    do
    pause 1500 ' straight
    high 4:pause 600:low 4  ' steer right
    loop

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    You are really getting a lot out of that RC car! It's the same $10 one, right?
    Yes Sir! It's a SERVO magazine project, and my article was due yesterday. Thus, my flurry of robot activity peaked and has ENDED now the article is "in the can"!

My last (phew!) article is due Nov 20, so expect one more marathon building session in 4 weeks.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Good stuff sir erco!
    edited 2015-10-22 19:45
    Hey, after a few mods, RoboCar gave me my fastest & funnest Figure 8s yet! And finally we're back on topic: the Figure 8 challenge, or F8C!

• Is this challenge still open? What are the requirement's. Speed is out for me, servo power. Manuverability no problem. Terrain no problem.

_Mike
  • MikeDYur wrote: »
    Is this challenge still open? What are the requirement's. Speed is out for me, servo power. Manuverability no problem. Terrain no problem.

_Mike

The challenge is always open and free format. Just try to get a robot to do the desired figure (8, 15 point turn, etc) and post a video.
  • Programed or remote?
  • Yes.