Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gathering usefull ADC info - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Gathering usefull ADC info

2»

Comments

• Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-12-20 13:35
    CharlieII said...
    Also, I somehow managed to change my cursor in the propeller tool from the vertical line that is normally used to the old school horizontal blinking cursor. It is driving me insane, so if anyone knows what I did to toggle it to this thing I would really like to change it back roll.gif

press the insert key to skip through the different modes.
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-12-20 17:20
    Charlie,

(a) You have to toggle CS to start a new conversion of the ADC, you just drop it once, so you get ane conversion only.

(b) You must not call term.main in each cycle! This is... absurd. Even for a beginner.

(c) You should read through the excellent chapter 3 of the Manual. Maybe even skim through chapter 2. You can find the manual under PropellerTool: HELP -> MANUAL
  • CharlieIICharlieII Posts: 70
    edited 2007-12-20 20:16
    Thanks, lol. And I do realize that most of my methods are likely absurd turn.gif but I just need it to work, and memory space, pin usage and such are not a big deal because for my application I don't need a whole lot given the absurd capability of the propeller.

With that having been said, I do strive to do my best, but unfortunately I can't know what is illogical until it's pointed out.

So thanks, and I will definately make those changes. Hopefully it runs smoothly now.

roll.gif
    edited 2007-12-20 20:29
    I just tried to figure out a better place for the Term.Main and I couldn't figure out how to do it if not every single time after the ADC is read in. Otherwise how would it know when to look at the variable "analog" ?

But the term.Main is definately killing this thing. The refresh rate is hanus.

How am I supposed to call it? I'll go read the manual for the 16 millionth time, but my understanding or lack thereof will likely not be effected tongue.gif

And thanks again for the help.
    edited 2007-12-21 01:59
    I got the ADC integrated into my code and all is well.

Thanks guys.