Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is It Possible??? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Is It Possible???

2»

Comments

• James HenryJames Henry Posts: 13
    edited 2007-10-01 00:48
    There is a small Bug, once in a while the computer forgets that the stamp is there, but a second attempt always works! at least this is a temporary fix until i get my prop plug!
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-10-01 07:45
    James Henry said...
    There is a small Bug, once in a while the computer forgets that the stamp is there, but a second attempt always works! at least this is a temporary fix until i get my prop plug!

A 10k resistor between the transistor base where the 100nF cap ends and ground can sometimes improve this...
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-10-01 07:57
    After learning the hardway, I usually don't include the microprocessor in the circuitry until I have first confirmed all voltages are correct.

Consider going back to square one.
    It might be helpful to remove the Propeller from the board and see what the voltage levels are reading.

You appear to have a short somewhere that is dramatically pulling the voltage down. I get these all the time when soldering and find a little solder bridge that causes all the trouble. Often the regulators get too hot to touch.

It is a huge relief to not have to worry about the possiblity of damaging the microprocessor [noparse][[/noparse]by an overvoltage or reverse voltage] while running down such problems. So set it safely aside.

Nowadays, I NEVER plug in any chip without first confirming that all the sockets/pin are providing the correct supply voltage. Breadboards can easily be the source of a similar kind of power supply problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Everything in the world is purchased by labour; and our passions are the only causes of labor." -- David·Hume (1711-76)········
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan