Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
more boards....................... — Parallax Forums

more boards.......................

BongoBongo Posts: 65
edited 2007-07-06 06:27 in Propeller 1
Clearly this is a very constructive time of year for new prop platforms, and here is mine just to add to the growing flotilla.

This design is focused on being easy to make at home, robust and repairable. I make my own boards, and usually only one. So something that works or can be made to work the first time is both easier, cheaper and faster than real estate minimization. Finished size is 150 x 150

Gaps between different signals are 40thou minimum. This makes the board easy to solder by hand. Where I can, pads are 100 thou, and minimum track size is 30 thou. With just a little care, the board can be drilled with a regular HSS bit (usually blunt) without lifting copper off the board.

I want to be able to swap parts out, though I concede the zif socket for the prop may be a little extreme. The footprint is the same as a regular socket, later the zif may go.

Apart from that, the board is for a GP logger. Comms are selectable via jumpers between the clip, RS232 or TCP/IP. There is provision for battery back up for the board, and the DS 1302. The (power hungry) xport can be powered off via another jumper. There is a few other features of note - schematics, artwork and parts list in the zipped file.
No, I cannot upload the zipped file.· Attach schematics and art only.· Err no, shematics and parts only.
If anyone wants the artwork, let me know and I will try again later.· I suspect our national telecommunications giant is changing the donkey that drives our network......

bongo

Post Edited (Bongo) : 7/4/2007 11:45:40 PM GMT

Comments

• Rob7Rob7 Posts: 275
    edited 2007-07-04 23:45
    Bongo,

Do you have any extra boards for purchase for a data logger ?
    I see u have a connection for an SD card. Do you have that feature up and running now ?

Rob 7
  • BongoBongo Posts: 65
    edited 2007-07-04 23:56
    Hi Rob 7
    I am not in this type of business. I did think of offering this to someone who was, but I thought that it would probably not be commercially viable. As the board is too large. If I was designing for a fab house to make, it would look very different.

I have not tried the card. I cannot see a problem, all connections are as per data sheet. It would have been better for me to confirm everything, but I will soon be out of time until about next March. So, now or next year.

bongo
  • Rob7Rob7 Posts: 275
    edited 2007-07-05 00:00
    Bongo,
    Great job on it !
    Thanks for sharing all your information and plans on you'r propeller !

Rob 7
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2007-07-05 05:52
    You made that?! Nice work bro!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Definetly a E3 (Electronics Engineer Extrodinare!)
    "I laugh in the face of imposible,... not because i know it all, ... but because I don't know well enough!"
    edited 2007-07-06 01:59
    I keep getting an error message from Parallax's server when I attempt to attach the art.· Says runtime error, but for security reasons it will not tell me why.· My security?· My PC is going to blow perhaps.

I can get on 4 individual PDF's, (rather than 1 pdf with 4 pages), but the native .pcb file will not travel.· So if anyone wants the native, let me know and I will send direct.

bongo
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-07-06 04:49
    For security reasons only a subset of file extensions are permitted to be attached, the work around is to put files in a zip file which is permitted.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-07-06 06:27
    Thanks Paul,

My very first attempt was a zip file with everything in it.· Maybe it was too big, though the reported size did not exceed stated limits.

For those who can open, the .pcb file contains all layers.

bongo