Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Vinculum VMUSIC2 connections to BS2 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Vinculum VMUSIC2 connections to BS2

2»

Comments

• PJMontyPJMonty Posts: 983
    edited 2007-12-08 03:05
    I just received my VMUSIC2 module, but I'm wondering if I got a bad one. When you apply 5V and ground (with no flash drive plugged into it), does the LED on the front light up to indicate power? Mine just stays turned off.

I have tried plugging in a flash drive, but that didn't make the LED light or blink. I also tried connecting it to my PC via a TTL->RS232 converter board, but I get no data coming into the PC when power is applied to the VMUSIC2 module.

I'm using a regulated 5v supply and can verify 3.3 volts on the SPI/UART selection header.

Thanks,
    PeterM
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2007-12-08 22:10
    I think the drive reacts differently dependent on whether you have the jumper on SPI or UART. Whichever mode I think you should get a short blink when you apply power.

In SPI·mode the blink is all you get, even plugging the memstick in the LED remains unlit.

With UART the LED lights when you insert the stick and remains lit.

I have not compared the two modes recently but that is how I remember it.

Jeff T.
  • scary terryscary terry Posts: 24
    edited 2008-05-15 20:55
    I've got a web page with some simplified info on using the VMusic2 with a BS1 or BS2 at: http://www.scary-terry.com/vm2/vm2.htm
  • wes thierrywes thierry Posts: 9
    edited 2010-08-05 16:05
    I have been trying to get my VMusic working with this code with no success. I tried updating the firmware with a 4 gb flash drive, but maybe the vmusic cant recognize a drive that big? Is there a way to take a USB cable or serial cable and wire an interface directly to the computer so I can re-flash it?
  • wes thierrywes thierry Posts: 9
    edited 2010-08-05 18:41
    guess most of the problems is with the flash drives. I found an old 32 mb flash drive, and it all works flawlessly