Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mike Green is a legend ! - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Mike Green is a legend !

2»

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2007-05-05 02:18
    Mike Green said...
    Just a quick note to thank you all for the complements and musings, the animation and the action figure suggestion. This is Minnesota here after all and, if you've ever listened to Prairie Home Companion or read about Lake Wobegon, you might know about the importance of modesty, reserve, and humility.
    Hey - it's not bragging if it is all true. smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+
  • ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
    edited 2007-05-13 01:52
    Mike has been and continues to be very helpful w/ his guidance, knowledge sharing and mostly, as some one mentioned earlier, his deep patience.

Mike, U da man!

Nagi

PS:
    Mike, I PM'd you wrt Minnesota

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "any small object, accidentally dropped, goes and hides behind a larger object."

·
    ALIBE - Artificial LIfe BEing. In search of building autonoumous land robot
  • SkogsgurraSkogsgurra Posts: 231
    edited 2007-05-17 20:37
    I am always suspicious when I read unrestricted praise like this - too much of a sect thing. But I have had the same thoughts over and over again. Is this guy real? Does he never get tired? What a luck that we have Mike!

So, I join the sect. Without any reservations. Mike is great - and so are so many of you other girls and guys. There must be something with the propeller that brings out the best in people. The Step by Step assembly course by Graham Stabler is but one example of that.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-07 02:29
    <BUMP>

I thought it was time for this to bump...

While some of us have been a little silly lately, (which is nice to have some fun)
    Mike has been laboring daily to answer questions.

PropCookbook could not have happened without being able to ask tons of questions
    and get great answers! Thanks again for being here Mike!

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • mcstarmcstar Posts: 144
    edited 2007-08-07 14:16
    I must concer with all the praise for Mike and his tireless work on the propeller.· Many times I've learned things by reading his patient responses to others, what a role model he is for how to work well with those in a community such as this.

I was thinking about why this is true...
    Skogsgurra said...
    ...There must be something with the propeller that brings out the best in people.

...when it occured to me that perhaps what brings out the best in people is the fact that the propeller is such a great tool!· It's not a prepackaged game machine or cell phone or pda (althought it could be used for any of those things). It's·concepts and programming languages·challenge us to learn more about something we·may have thought we knew everything about. It's not like some pre-built console game system, or some highly packaged desktop pc with all the bells and whistles.· Those things attract the kind of people that "want it all" and they "want it·now".··Those people would never have the patience or desire to learn what it takes to make the propeller sing and dance. Their immedaite response·to anything that doesn't work the way they want it to is to start complaining or open a help ticket.· The propeller, instead forces us to think about what we are doing and learn something new everyday.· It attracts the kind of people that don't want a pre-packaged life with all the possible problems worked out in advance.· Instead, this forum is full of people that want to understand how things work and want to turn their own ideas into reality.· That's the kind of person that's willing to share and understands the value of it.·

Hat's off to Mike, Chip, Paul and all the others that made the propeller possible and have made this forum my homepage!

·
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-07 16:00
    Very well said, mcstar
    mcstar said...

...Hat's off to Mike, Chip, Paul and all the others that made the propeller possible and have made this forum my homepage!
    The Parallax Propeller forum is also my 'homepage'. Couldn't live without it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-07 17:36
    Right on!!

I'm on dialup so google is my homepage, but Parallax forums is *first click*

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-08-07 19:47
    I for one would like to see a bio... where has he been, what else has he done?
    A phenomenal and tireless talent.
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-08-07 19:52
    by the way... ditto-s for Graham Stabler.
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-07 19:58
    umm, nothing against Graham, but you're spoiling next month's big head day