TE44TE44 Posts: 42
edited 2007-08-07 19:58 in Propeller 1
who agrees?

Having loads of probs - he is THE MAN
·

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2007-01-23 04:47
    You know...I have said that many times......I think he should be employed by Parallax.

He really is astonishing.

James L
  • Brian_BBrian_B Posts: 842
    edited 2007-01-23 04:59
    Having electronics & computers as a hobby you·have a hard time finding people that are actually look up to . I had the pleasure of meeting Mike in person and I should have asked for his autograph .

Brian
  • Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2007-01-23 05:18
    Mike is one of the driving forces of this forum - he is unfailingly helpful to everyone. He has helped me a number of times.

Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.mikronauts.com - a new blog about microcontrollers
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2007-01-23 06:37
    The short time I'v been a member of this group I have been impressed with Mike's knowledge and willingness to help, he deserves his credit.

Jeff T.
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2007-01-23 06:43
    From the most basic questions to the most complex, Mike has the answer across many of these forums!
    Mike, this one's for you!

-Martin
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-01-23 07:41
    The great thing about Mike is that his well of patience runs as deep as his well of knowledge. He never talks down to novices, and he takes the time to fill in background material when a terse-but-nonetheless-correct answer might be confusing or insufficient for a poster's experience level. Parallax — and all of us — are indeed fortunate that he's willing to give so much of himself to these forums!

Thanks, Mike!!!

-Phil
  • OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2007-01-23 08:20
    Hi All.

Mike reminds me of a couple of gents that used to work in the same building where I worked for 10 years.
    Indepth knowldge of micro controllers comes with years of hands on and more of the same...
    Mike to me seems to enjoy it .. it shows for sure... he is truly a remarkable person.
    Woooooww has he got patience ...he would make an excelent teacher.

Phil P. summed it up pretty well.
    I am sure all the OZZIES on this Forum appreciate his help.
    Thanks Mike

Ronald Nollet
    Melbourne Australia
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2007-01-23 12:27
    I'm not as good with words as those above, but I know I've learned a great deal from Mike (and PhiPi, Beau, Paul, and countless others), so would like to add my appreciation. Thanks Mike, you're a star smile.gif .

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-01-23 12:31
    I think he is real [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2007-01-23 13:14
    What a Guy - have been following loads of threads - he makes the initial learning curve an easier road - reduces development time and is a wealth of knowledge - well done Mike - my next question is when are Parallax going to hire him ?

Mike Green aka· Dr.Mike !

Mike thank you for being you !

Post Edited (QuattroRS4) : 1/23/2007 1:32:53 PM GMT
  • bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2007-01-23 13:23
    Phil, I have asked some questions of you, That I am sure sounded pretty dumb for someone with prior microcontroller expierience. But have you seen some of the DoSee's Mike has answered for me. And not once has my intelligence been insulted. Thanks Mike.

Some folks are placed in charge in life, and then some just know whats going on!

I hope I can let go of my·knowledge someday as easily as you.
  • edited 2007-01-23 15:34
    Mike's Brilliance is only matched by his willingness to help us, the mere mortals... smile.gif

The night before TE44 initiated this thread, I was sitting next to my girlfriend, going through Mike's I2C code and explanations, and I pointed at his picture and said to my girlfriend, "do you see this guy??... he is a genius... he has an answer to absolutely everything and he is always very helpful", I always find myself reading Mike's posts even if they are not related to what I am doing, it makes me a little bit smarter every time, his patience and commitment to this forum is GREATLY appreciated !!!....

While there are many others here who deserve recognition... this thread is Mike's Kingdom.. Mike is certainly The Man... smile.gif
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2007-01-23 16:03
    Mike is by far one of the most rememberable faces here on this forum.
    smilewinkgrin.gif
  • BergamotBergamot Posts: 185
    edited 2007-01-23 16:36
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2007-01-23 16:42
    I always considered Mike to be a paid consultant·for Parallax.
    If not, Parallax should hire him for a top post in the support group.
    Here is to you Mike!!
  • James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2007-01-23 16:55
    I'm truely glad Mike is getting some well deserved praise. I know Mike is humble, we can tell with his non-self boasting attitude.

I know he gets frustrated with us new guys sometimes , but rarely shows it.

And to whomever did the aninote.com.....LOL That might be a little over the top.

Mike thanks for being so inspiring.

James L
    edited 2007-01-23 16:57
    Will there be any comment from THE MAN himself ?

Has he written any books ? If not he should -

Can we arrange for an autographed·poster of Mike wearing a propellor hat - maybe a tee shirt saying 'Mike Green taught me what I know !' - i'd buy those.

Post Edited (QuattroRS4) : 1/23/2007 5:03:58 PM GMT
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2007-01-23 17:11
    We should get Mike Green action figures made up!!!

www.andgor.com/Personalized_Figures/personalized_figures.html

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST
  • inserviinservi Posts: 113
    edited 2007-01-23 17:24
    I am new on forum but I am impressed by the devotion and knowledge of Mike. Mike, Thank-you !

Also, congratulation to TE44 for this homage.

dro

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    in medio virtus
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,660
    edited 2007-01-23 18:01
    My hat's off too. Always sees both the forest and the trees and kindly points the way. Also Mike contribute often to Stamp and Sandbox and other fora too, on all kinds of hardware and software issues. I have a suspicion that Mike is really a committee of several talented people, and his avatar is a composite of his many incarnations!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-01-23 18:40
    Tracy Allen said...
    I have a suspicion that Mike is really a committee of several talented people, and his avatar is a composite of his many incarnations!

I agree, no one human would have the time and energy to reply in such detail to so many requests for help. The length of his posts, combined with the depth of knowledge contained therein looks to me that he must spend at least several hours a day replying to forum posts. He has answered several of my questions in the past. He is very much appreciated.
    QuattroRS4 said...
    Can we arrange for an autographed poster of Mike wearing a propellor hat - maybe a tee shirt saying 'Mike Green taught me what I know !' - i'd buy those.

Not entirely related, but if Parallax were to come out with a t-shirt with just the Propeller logo on the front, I'd buy one and wear it proudly. They do offer 1 t-shirt now that I see, "Where robots rule" that I've been contemplating, I'll probably add one to my order for the upcoming prop protoboard.

Anyway, back to Mike Green..... I'd say "keep up the good work", but "good" doesn't begin to describe what he's given us.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian Meade

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" - Edgar Poe
  • GavinGavin Posts: 134
    edited 2007-01-24 09:48
    Mike is also psychic,

Everytime I think of something the the prop can do Mike posts it on the forum before I ask.
    I think he lives in another time dimension, always working on stuff before I need it.
    One day I hope only to be a week behind him[noparse]:)[/noparse]

Gavin
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-01-24 17:43
    Just a quick note to thank you all for the complements and musings, the animation and the action figure suggestion. This is Minnesota here after all and, if you've ever listened to Prairie Home Companion or read about Lake Wobegon, you might know about the importance of modesty, reserve, and humility.
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2007-01-24 18:37
    Well said Mike.

Keep the good work.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    edited 2007-01-24 19:27
    Mike,

You have been a godsend to the Propeller and Parallax.

Hopefully,·we'll have the wisdom to always treat you right, or at least not offend you.

Indeed, your help on this forum·has been·invaluable. None of the other readers know that you've also taken over a big Propeller book-editing·job that I had on my desk, which was cutting into time needed for the next Propeller chip. You have no idea how helpful that's been. Beau and I are steaming ahead on the layout now.·I know you'll do a much better editing job than I would have, anyway, owing to your extreme patience. The author·will be·much better served by you and this will result in a better book.

Thank you!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Chip Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-01-24 19:39
    Well Mike - looks like you have them all ......
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-04-24 08:48
    Hi Mike, not seen this thread, until now, the link from QuattroRS4, and you deserve all the praise you've received, it's nice to have someone so selfless and helpful to everyone no matter how simple or complex the question.

Maybe one day we can aspire to be as patient and as knowledgable as you.

Thanks for everything, and everything to come.

Baggers.
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-04-25 02:57
    I've been here a short time myself, and there is *NO WAY* I could have gotten as far as I have with the Propeller without Mike Green having been in the forums! I'm hopeful that Parallax will put him on the payroll. Even before my own prop board arrived Mike was on top of answering even the dumbest of honestly asked questions without even a hint of snicker or sarcasm in his replies. He goes on my short list of "heros" for sure. yeah.gif

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • Rob7Rob7 Posts: 275
    edited 2007-04-25 13:31
    "Here, Here !"

Ditto, Thank you for all your help Mike.

Rob7
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-05-03 02:22
    One of the best parts of reading Mike's responses is that in addition to answering questions... he always gives you something else to think about... that you hadn't considered or might not otherwise run into for months...Ditto's for Paul and many of the other captains of this ship.

What a forum!