edited 2006-01-18 02:08
    Oh, okay...·· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Matt BattleMatt Battle Posts: 172
    edited 2006-01-23 15:46
    Well, I found another problem with my OEM kit. It seems that I order the wrong EEPROM from mouser. When I looked up the part today its telling me its a 16K EEPROM ( link ). So I guess the BASIC Stamp 2 Interpreter can not recognize the 16k EEPROM and that is why it never shows up in the stamp editor. So it looks like I am ordering some 4K EEPROM from parallax some time this week.

-Matt
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-23 15:58
    That would do it.· Glad you got it figured out.· Let us know the results after you get your new chips.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-01-23 16:47
    Chris-

I don't know if it was posted here or not but is it possible to have any size EEPROM connected to a BASIC Stamp 2 Interpreter? I am going to say no from what I know but I could be wrong. What about connecting it to a basic stamp module? Thanks.

-Matt
    edited 2006-01-23 17:25
    Matt,

·· No, the interpreter only understands 2K addressing.· That originally was a limitation of the architecture of the chip used in the Interpreter, however more recent Stamp Modules allow you to switch in/out extra 2K banks, but the interpreter will still require the approriate size chip that it's designed to support.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-01-23 17:32
    Chris-

Do you have any more information on this 2k addressing or know where I can look? Also what do you mean about extra 2k banks? Thanks.

-Matt
    edited 2006-01-24 01:16
    All the other BASIC Stamps have 8 or more 2K slots of memory available on them.· This memory cannot be accessed directly so that you can have a larger program, but rather it is broken up into these 8 slots which you can chain programs from or access (read/write) data in them from the current slot.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com